Kenny Miller

RFC55

If this was any other player who had scored 49 in 81 games and then 5 in 15 for his last two clubs, we'd be over the moon.

I'd love Kenny to come back.

But it's 55 in 108 and 5 in 15.

I'm pretty sure I read that for united goodwillies scoeing record is: 29 in 116.

His goalscoring record isn't the best, but neither was Kenny Miller's for the majority of his career.

Rangers have launched their move to bring Kenny Miller back to Ibrox for a third time by contacting Bursaspor with a formal offer.

The SPL champions have also had a bid rejected for USA international midfielder Alejandro Bedoya, currently with Swedish outfit Orebro, as boss Ally McCoist steps up his reinforcement plans.

McCoist admitted last week that he was keen on the possibility of being reunited with Miller, just six months after the Scotland striker departed to Turkey in a £400,000 deal.

Cardiff City are waiting in the wings with a rival proposal, but Rangers hope to steal a march on the Championship club after opening talks with an undisclosed bid.

Bursaspor are understood to value Miller at £1million, while it is thought the Ibrox outfit hope to land him for closer to £600,000.

Should an agreement between the clubs be struck, then Rangers would have to deal with the issue of Miller’s salary as the 31-year-old currently earns in excess of £40,000 per week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2016670/Rangers-boss-Ally-McCoist-bids-Kenny-Miller.html#ixzz1Sb3a50Wu

The dr says they want 600 grand.doesnt mention any official bids. You would hope ally has already spoken to him about wages(off the record of course) as we could easily drag that out for six months.then he's got to pass a medical,nothing like leaving it to the last minute.where's this marquee signing? Don't think we will get culler or Bartley so we better have a good plan b or z

First post gents so please be kind!!!

Not so sure we will get miller, always been about the money for him and reckon someone else with more cash to spend and a less sensible head on will get him.

I'm sure that Ally has other options to turn to

WATP!!!

this will be the second time he's taken a pay cut to join us.

http://www.<No links to this website>/2011/07

Rangers lodge offer to bring striker Kenny Miller back from Turkey

RANGERS last night slapped in a bid to bring Kenny Miller back to Ibrox - while having an offer for USA international Alejandro Bedoya booted into touch.

Manager Ally McCoist confirmed the moves moments after watching his side chalk up a 2-0 win at Blackpool in a final warm-up clash ahead of this weekend's SPL curtain-raiser. McCoist will now wait for Miller's club, Bursaspor, to give him an answer on his offer which is likely to be around the £600,000 mark.

The Turks snapped up the Scotland striker for not much more than £300,000 back in January but McCoist fears they may attempt to hold out for more than THREE times that amount.

McCoist also confirmed to Record Sport that Swedish outfit Orebro have knocked back a bid for another of his long-term targets, midfield man Bedoya.

He said: "Bedoya is a player we have an interest in but the bid we have made has been knocked back.

"We have bid for Kenny and we hope to hear from Bursaspor in the morning."

McCoist, though, expects negotiations over Miller's deal to be complex.

Before last night's win he admitted he thought the SuperLiga outfit would be hard to deal with

He said: "My reading of the situation is Kenny is bursting to get away but I'm not so sure any deal would be straightforward.

"I'm not sure if Bursa would let him go."

But that changed during the match when contracts chief Andrew Dickson fired in an offer for Miller.

It's unclear if Dickson will also be ordered to increase the original bid for Bedoya.

But the determination on McCoist's part to bulk up his squad is crystal clear.

He is still waiting for Carlos Cuellar to commit despite setting the Spaniard a 24-hour deadline to decide on his future.

McCoist expected an answer from the £2million target before last night's kick-off at Bloomfield Road.

The Rangers boss was boosted by the news that key midfield man Steve Davis has put pen to paper on a new five-year deal.

But he is also desperate to discover whether or not Aston Villa defender Cuellar is finally ready to sign up.

Rangers agreed a price with Villa for the 29-year-old at the end of last week and McCoist told the player's camp that an answer would be expected before close of business yesterday.

But McCoist said: "There has been no news yet, unfortunately, from Carlos. He's not been in touch.

"We wanted an answer from Carlos today, definitely. He knows that, as does his agent and lawyer.

"They all know we are pressing for an answer as soon as possible.

"How would I assess our chances? I have no idea. There is only one man who can answer that and it's Carlos.

"I understand he's in Spain and I don't know if he's talking to other clubs there but I've never asked for any assurances."

McCoist is still confident of getting some business done ahead of the signing deadline for the Champions League tomorrow.

He said: "In an ideal world, I would love to have them all in by Thursday. That would be fantastic."

The Light Blues boss confirmed, however, he won't be entering the chase for highly-rated Ado Den Haag winger Wesley Verhoek.

He said: "We've looked at him but I think the fee would rule us out."

McCoist revealed he has spoken to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger and Kyle Bartley about bringing the stopper back to Ibrox for another loan deal but admits any move is unlikely before the SPL kicks off.

He did, however, complete a major piece of business by signing Davis on a new deal.

McCoist said: "I'm delighted Steve has signed his new deal. We always thought we'd get that one over the line and that's now the case."

Davis was just as thrilled to get his future sorted. He said: "I'm delighted to get the deal signed and hopefully we keep being successful for the length of the contract.

"It was a big boost to see Allan McGregor and Steven Whittaker sign and it's just a case of adding to our group now as it's a wee bit thin.

"It's vital for any player that his family is settled and that's the case with mine."