Kenny Miller

RFC55

cuellar will come.

according to the Daily Mirror (don't know how reliable this rag is) Cuellar is knocking us back to see out his last year at Villa (in reserves).

Though i follow his 'so called' agent on Twitter and he says the deal is almost complete.

While I'm obviously disapointed we've missed out on some good free's/cheap players - as time goes on it says to clubs and players alike, 'we have a figure as to what you're worth, don't play ball we'll move on'.

The down side to this policy is that we'll miss out on some good players for us as I mentioned at the start but the upside is we get guys at the right price/good price, and neither the club nor the player extort us if they want the sale/move.

If this means we get Cuellar for £2M and Miller for say £600K - it's starting to look like a good policy.

I'm a doubter of bringing miller back (long term) but I have no doubts he'll do a job this season.

I'm simply saying - we've not had a shortage of transfer rumours/links this season, so missing a few won't be a disaster as long as we have back up plans and we get them in at the right price.

While it's worrying we have only one man in currently - if Cuellar joins - my tension will ease in full confidence others will follow and quality will be brought in.

I.A.W.T

according to the Daily Mirror (don't know how reliable this rag is) Cuellar is knocking us back to see out his last year at Villa (in reserves).

Though i follow his 'so called' agent on Twitter and he says the deal is almost complete.

Can't remember where I read it yesterday, but it said that IF he didn't sign he would see out his last year at Villa because no one else has bidded for him.

The dr says they want 600 grand.doesnt mention any official bids. You would hope ally has already spoken to him about wages(off the record of course) as we could easily drag that out for six months.then he's got to pass a medical,nothing like leaving it to the last minute.where's this marquee signing? Don't think we will get culler or Bartley so we better have a good plan b or z

My thinking is that we had better have a plan aa or zz ;)

you can't get a pay off if you volounteer to leave.

here is a tweet from Cuellars agent 23 mins ago

Itkagent1962 ...

Morning, meetings till early afternoon, but I expect progress from the #avfc end re Cuellar transfer to #RFC still confident it'll happen.

23 minutes ago

I hope your right buddy, I understand ally n co have figures in mind but as we are expecting other to be flexible equally should we not be flexible that sometimes quality will be a little more? I mean if for example this Dutch guy is better than bedoya( not saying he is) are we not better paying that little extra as opposed to saving a little just to get a slightly inferior player in? For me we need to invest heavily in the squad and I fail to see how figures like 2mill for one of eredivisies best players is over odds...

Itkagent1962 ...

Morning, meetings till early afternoon, but I expect progress from the #avfc end re Cuellar transfer to #RFC still confident it'll happen.

23 minutes ago

that's not his agent.

I hope your right buddy, I understand ally n co have figures in mind but as we are expecting other to be flexible equally should we not be flexible that sometimes quality will be a little more? I mean if for example this Dutch guy is better than bedoya( not saying he is) are we not better paying that little extra as opposed to saving a little just to get a slightly inferior player in? For me we need to invest heavily in the squad and I fail to see how figures like 2mill for one of eredivisies best players is over odds...

we are now the 3rd club to say the dutch guys not worth what his club are asking.

I think it means that he is not in Villa's plans. Not that he refuses to play for them!!!

My post was in response to "we better have a plan b or z" if he dosen't sign . I meant the way things have been going, we need a plan aa -zz the way they keep falling off.

Rangers make transfer bid for Kenny Miller

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/263033-rangers-make-transfer-bid-for-kenny-miller/

Rangers have submitted a bid to Bursaspor for Kenny Miller, as Ally McCoist looks to hand the striker his third spell at Ibrox.

Reports on Wednesday claim an offer of £600,000 has been tabled, £200,000 more than the Turkish club paid to take him to Bursa in January.

“We have bid for Kenny and we hope to hear from Bursaspor [on Wednesday] morning,” McCoist told the Daily Record.

“My reading of the situation is Kenny is bursting to get away but I’m not so sure any deal would be straightforward. I’m not sure if Bursa would let him go.”

Bursaspor have however already stated their willingness to allow Miller to leave, if any deal made economic sense to the club, after the player stated his intention to return to the UK for family reasons.

Their manager, Ertugrul Saglam, is in the market for a replacement striker and has targeted former Besiktas’ Brazilian forward Bobo, who has played in Turkey for the last five years and is available on a free transfer.

No matter how many times I have thought about this, I still can't make up my mind if I want him back(again).

Totally agree.

Was good for us last season but have a feeling if another team offered him more money now or even in January he would be away again

Itkagent1962 ...

23 minutes ago

why would.you think thats cuellars agent?

I would prefer us to sign someone else we need NEW faces not that same old! and for all the people saying he was forced out thats a load of shite he had the option to stay if he wanted too look at Boyd when Birmingham made a move for him

Totally agree.

Was good for us last season but have a feeling if another team offered him more money now or even in January he would be away again

Kenny was put in a difficult position, we accepted the bid and were happy to let him go. I'm quite sure that if he were to come back that would be the end of things and he'd see out the next few years here.