Kenny Miller

RFC55

You want to hear 48hrs? You must be the only one.

Anyway, if we're skint how could we afford to sign McGregor, Davis, and whittaker on 5 year deals?

Not saying i want to hear 48hrs thats what we keep getting told by the club mate.

Were not skint all we have done is upped the wages of McGregor, Whittaker, Davis, if a club comes in for them now we are going to get more money for them. Bougherra is now the only player left who can leave for nothing come end of the season.

The way we are dealing in the transfer market for players is very unprofessional.

So you'd be happy if we were to spend a million on him to bring him back?

If so, you're clearly in the minority. Miller's best attribute is his pace and that's lost a yard at least according to folk who have been keeping up with him. Plus, he's nearly 32 and his pace will fall away to fuck soon.

If McCoist wants him back, which is much more important than what I think, then surely 1 Million Euros is a fair price considering we need another striker? Why are we trying to get him back if we only value him at 400,000 Euros?

I'd rather we got Goodwillie.

So you'd be happy if we were to spend a million on him to bring him back?

If so, you're clearly in the minority. Miller's best attribute is his pace and that's lost a yard at least according to folk who have been keeping up with him. Plus, he's nearly 32 and his pace will fall away to fuck soon.

Kenny Miller minus a yard of pace would still dick all over the SPL. I'm sure he hasn't fallen to bits in the last 6 months. People assume he's gonna become shit because he's hit 30. All evidence over the last 3 years at Ibrox points to the contrary.

That's not to say that we should spend a million on him, just to point out that loads of people hate him just cos he's Kenny Miller and lazily decide that being over means your on the way down

Not saying i want to hear 48hrs thats what we keep getting told by the club mate.

Were not skint all we have done is upped the wages of McGregor, Whittaker, Davis, if a club comes in for them now we are going to get more money for them. Bougherra is now the only player left who can leave for nothing come end of the season.

The way we are dealing in the transfer market for players is very unprofessional.

You said they keep telling us what we want to hear - 48hrs.

You said you doubted whether the funds exist.

If McCoist wants him back, which is much more important than what I think, then surely 1 Million Euros is a fair price considering we need another striker? Why are we trying to get him back if we only value him at 400,000 Euros?

I'd rather we got Goodwillie.

If McCoist wanted Billy Dodds back, then surely £1m is a fair price considering we need another striker?

You seem to be suggesting that the fee paid for a player dictates how good he is. In that case, Tore Andre Flo was 6x better than Brian Laudrup, 12x better than Andy Goram and £12m better than Dado Prso.

Ludicrous.

Kenny Miller minus a yard of pace would still dick all over the SPL. I'm sure he hasn't fallen to bits in the last 6 months. People assume he's gonna become shit because he's hit 30. All evidence over the last 3 years at Ibrox points to the contrary.

That's not to say that we should spend a million on him, just to point out that loads of people hate him just cos he's Kenny Miller and lazily decide that being over means your on the way down

I was one of the backers of him when we resigned him but I think paying Bursa any more than we got for him would be insane. Especially since his pace will go soon, and that's just a sad fact of life - almost no speedy players keep their pace up to the age of around 34, which is more than likely the length of deal we'd offer him.

If McCoist wanted Billy Dodds back, then surely £1m is a fair price considering we need another striker?

You seem to be suggesting that the fee paid for a player dictates how good he is. In that case, Tore Andre Flo was 6x better than Brian Laudrup, 12x better than Andy Goram and £12m better than Dado Prso.

Ludicrous.

No, if we have £15M, then surely spending less than a fifteenth of that on a guy who would be one of our first choice strikers would be fair?

No, if we have £15M, then surely spending less than a fifteenth of that on a guy who would be one of our first choice strikers would be fair?

What's the obsession with blowing this money on players that aren't worth what we're being told to pay for them?

Fuck sake, it's as if some people have blanked the Advocaat years out and the financial catastrophes that followed.

A player should be judged on how much he's worth, not on how much money we have available. Also nobody from the club has quoted 15M it's a made up figure.

By your logic if we had £150M we should just spend 10M to get him

I was one of the backers of him when we resigned him but I think paying Bursa any more than we got for him would be insane. Especially since his pace will go soon, and that's just a sad fact of life - almost no speedy players keep their pace up to the age of around 34, which is more than likely the length of deal we'd offer him.

Even if he lost his pace, which i'm not convinced is going to go to the extent you claim, he improved vastly as a footballer in the time he was with us. For me, if we signed him for £1m (not saying we should at that price), but if we did, and he scored 20 goals and we won the league next season, then we'd already have a bargain. People need to distance themselves from the fee we lost him for, it was due to his contract. It felt like a shit deal, but in all honesty, if we were selling him then and he had a 2-3 year contract, tell me on here who would have thought that a million quid was a good price for us? In just looking at this deal alone, away from all other things, under a million quid would be a bargain for someone who would guaranetee you 15-20+ goals a season.

A player should be judged on how much he's worth, not on how much money we have available. Also nobody from the club has quoted 15M it's a made up figure.

By your logic if we had £150M we should just spend 10M to get him

Another very good point.

I think this guy is trolling and we've bit.

Either that or FM completely rules his life.

Yeah, I said that before. We don't have £15M and I think this Miller saga shows that. Considering Goodwillie seems to be a no-goer, then 1 Million Euros on Miller could be a great piece of business. Him and Jelavic would probably be devastating for us this year. Who better could we get for the money we seem willing to spend?

Another very good point.

I think this guy is trolling and we've bit.

Either that or FM completely rules his life.

laugh.gif Nah, Playing Football Manager is like having your face rubbed against some sand paper. Who better could we get given our limited budget?

Even if he lost his pace, which i'm not convinced is going to go to the extent you claim, he improved vastly as a footballer in the time he was with us. For me, if we signed him for £1m (not saying we should at that price), but if we did, and he scored 20 goals and we won the league next season, then we'd already have a bargain. People need to distance themselves from the fee we lost him for, it was due to his contract. It felt like a shit deal, but in all honesty, if we were selling him then and he had a 2-3 year contract, tell me on here who would have thought that a million quid was a good price for us? In just looking at this deal alone, away from all other things, under a million quid would be a bargain for someone who would guaranetee you 15-20+ goals a season.

Not for me, he's only broken 20 league goals once in his career - which is not good enough for someone with his pace which should get him in on goal an awful lot more than other strikers. Let's not forget as well, most of those years were in the SPL, which should have been bread and butter.

Paying £1m for a near 32 year old Kenny Miller is not good value in my eyes.

We have to be prudent, regardless if we've got 15p or £15m to spend.

1. What's a "ledt back"?

2. Wallace was supposedly worth £1m so something close to that like £800k would have been more appropriate.

3. I think Rangers initial £300k bid was in fact derisory.

im on my fone, some of us have to work, so please excuse the odd typing error.

£1M? According to who? Maybe if he had 2 years to run on his contract he would be worth £1M.

Your always going to say our offer was derisory, the same as you critised our kenny miller bid yesterday, despite saying you didnt want him at ibrox. Your posts are odd, especially since the " i can exclusively reveal cuellar and goodwillie have signed" post.

But then again, your not one of us are you.

Yeah, I said that before. We don't have £15M and I think this Miller saga shows that. Considering Goodwillie seems to be a no-goer, then 1 Million Euros on Miller could be a great piece of business. Him and Jelavic would probably be devastating for us this year. Who better could we get for the money we seem willing to spend?

there was no mention by Craig Whyte of £15m, only the promise of more money if needed. the majority on here bit because it was pro-Rangers news, even though it came from the Sundya version of what most refer to as the Daily Rhebel. Simialrly, most bit on Fourth_Official's proclamations because it was pro-Rangers. Can we all just try to not believe everything the media tell us? They are generally full of shit

laugh.gif Nah, Playing Football Manager is like having your face rubbed against some sand paper. Who better could we get given our limited budget?

What we'd need to lay out in wages to Miller could be used to get Goodwillie in for a start.

I don't buy this limited budget crap, why would we be looking at guys like Cuellar, Juhasz, Verhoek or whoever if we've got nothing?

there was no mention by Craig Whyte of £15m, only the promise of more money if needed. the majority on here bit because it was pro-Rangers news, even though it came from the Sundya version of what most refer to as the Daily Rhebel. Simialrly, most bit on Fourth_Official's proclamations because it was pro-Rangers. Can we all just try to not believe everything the media tell us? They are generally full of shit

Yeah, I didn't ever believe we'd spend £15M. We don't need to spend that kind of money to be successful.

Not for me, he's only broken 20 league goals once in his career - which is not good enough for someone with his pace which should get him in on goal an awful lot more than other strikers. Let's not forget as well, most of those years were in the SPL, which should have been bread and butter.

Paying £1m for a near 32 year old Kenny Miller is not good value in my eyes.

We have to be prudent, regardless if we've got 15p or £15m to spend.

Fair enough. Some people will never be convinced by him. I personally think he could score 20 goals a season for Rangers for the next 3-4 years up here. He'd certainly improve our squad. All that for £880k.

I know i have seen him in England and he has only just went to Spain. He has not been in the Spain the whole time, that is a FACT.

Ah yes fact in capital letters after any old made up shite actually makes it true.

It was widely reported that cuellar spoke to mccoist from Spain.

What we'd need to lay out in wages to Miller could be used to get Goodwillie in for a start.

I don't buy this limited budget crap, why would we be looking at guys like Cuellar, Juhasz, Verhoek or whoever if we've got nothing?

The problem for us is that we need to spend our budget on 5 or 6 players. We need to spread the money around whilst bringing in quality players which seems to be proving quite difficult.