Murray Davidson

Broxi1872

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STVRaman Raman Bhardwaj

Another old firm signing target scoop coming up on the STV website folks.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Rangers have made a fresh bid of 550k for Murray Davidson, with 400k upfront #RFC

St Johnstone chairman, Geoff Brown has slammed Rangers' bid for midfielder Murray Davidson.

The Scotland squad member was the subject of an undisclosed transfer offer from Rangers yesterday afternoon, but the St Johnstone chairman has dismissed the offer out of hand.

Speaking to The Courier, Brown said: "The offer was not enough. Not even close.

"It seemed weird to me that it came through by email. I would have thought that the decent thing to do would be to phone me directly.

"Even by email I would have thought it would have come from Gordon Smith, but it didn't."

He continued: "You don't know whether another bid will come in but, as far as we're concerned, Murray will only be going if they meet our valuation."

Proven performer

The Saints chairman drew comparison's to Rangers' pursuit of Lee Wallace, in which the Ibrox club opened with a swiftly dismissed bid, and eventually parted with £1.5m to get their man.

He said, "They started with a bid of £300,000 and eventually agreed £1.5m.

"I'm not saying that we're expecting £1.5m for Murray but there is a minimum amount of money that a club like Rangers should be spending on a player like Murray."

"We won't be unrealistic because we know how the market is just now, but we're not mugs and we won't be stood on."

While Brown has dismissed Rangers' initial inquiries for Davidson, he admits that he would be willing to let the player leave should the club receive an offer that matches their valuation.

The chairman said: "We have made it clear that we won't stand in the way of a player going on to a bigger stage.

"We can be a stepping stone, as has happened in the past, but the price has to be right for St Johnstone."

Davidson arrived at McDiarmid Park from Livingston in 2009, and has since made over 80 appearances for the Perth club, scoring eight goals. He has been involved in the Scotland squad on two occasions, against the Faroe Islands and against Brazil.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/st-johnstone/263403-saints-chairman-dismisses-rangers-bid-for-davidson/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

McCoist could also make a second bid for St Johnstone midfielder Murray Davidson, having had an initial £150,000 offer for the Scotland squad man knocked back on Thursday.

He added: "Our first bid for Davidson was rejected and it would be unfair to speak any more about that until the club has been back in touch with Geoff Brown or Derek McInnes.

"That's where we are at that one.

"We'll be pushing forward on four or five fronts."

McCoist - who signed Lee Wallace from Hearts earlier this week - admits he's happier now he's starting to get players in he wants.

He added: "It has been very, very hectic. And it is still going to be hectic, because there is still a lot of work to be done in that particular department. But we'll get there.

"I'm still looking to get more bodies in.

"I've said it often, the boys we've got give us everything, and they are a fantastic group of players, but we've said to them that we are going to give them a helping hand by getting a few bodies in.

"But there are a number of factors that haven't helped us at all.

"First, the timing of the start of the season."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3710644/Ally-McCoist-makes-Goian-swoop.html#ixzz1SsQ4p6oy

Hardly slammed ffs. Oh the mhedia are hurting big time, i wonder if its because Mr Whyte and Allys plans are finally coming together.

When they are this active with their carry-on I get a warm feeling inside. I know we're doing something right.

Fuck em and all who sail in them.

We need proven, not potential.

Agreed, but for the price he would cost it would do no harm bringing him here to further his development. If we sign him we should still be in the Market for another midfielder.

Agreed, but for the price he would cost it would do no harm bringing him here to further his development. If we sign him we should still be in the Market for another midfielder.

Sign Murray Davidson and another central midfielder and punt Lee McCulloch (tu) (tu) (tu)