Murray Davidson

Broxi1872

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davidson is in a similar position to what Wallace was: talented boy who has gone as far as he will at his current club.

I think he'd kick on, become a better player and eventually cement his place as a Rangers and Scotland regular if he joined us.

(tu)

I really see no downside to signing a good young player who is on the fringes of the Scotland squad for under 500k.

Davidson is in a similar position to what Wallace was: talented boy who has gone as far as he will at his current club.

I think he'd kick on, become a better player and eventually cement his place as a Rangers and Scotland regular if he joined us.

(tu) Agree, with better players around him he can hopefully improve (tu) also he won't cost as much so will hopefully give us more money for Juhasz and Verhoek (tu)

I must admit Edu is not my favourite player but he gets an unbelievable amount of bad press.

Still think he is better then Davidson. There is a decent chance Edu will move on though so it pays to be scouring the market. If someone was to pay 2m I'd let him go.

We need to decide what role we want our midfielders to play. If it's a CM who will chase and tackle there is only one name - Gattuso.

Would be a decent option in the middle (something we lack). I honestly feel Edu gets pelters for nothing. The guy is just suffering a lack of confidence due to the crowd being permanently on his back. Always gives 100% for the team, pops up with the odd important goal and can play a few positions. Can't be easy when your giving everything and the crowd boo you. I would honestly prefer edu at RB over Whittaker. I would be sad to see Edu go, when the crowd is on his side he is more than capable of doing a job.

Remind me who played a lovely ball right onto Jelavic for the goal against Malmo? Can tell in his face he is just shitting himself in case he makes a little mistake as unfortunately a rising minority of our fans prefer to boo rather than cheer and spur our team on.

(tu)

I really see no downside to signing a good young player who is on the fringes of the Scotland squad for under 500k.

And for all the criticisim that is being thrown his way, the one market I would expect and trust McCoist to know like the back of his hand is the Scottish market.

Totally disagree.

Wallace, Goodwillie etc had proven themselves regularly in the SPL and produced performances against the Old Firm. Something I've yet to see from Murray, in-fact I would go as far as saying he has been pretty dire against the Old Firm and Morris has been much more impressive.

Murray Davidson will never be good enough for Rangers or Scotland. Would rather use the money from the transfer fee and his wages to sign other targets because he certainly is not better than what we have!

If he does join you can quote me that he will be gone from Rangers within a year or two and will have been a complete waste of money.

I wont disagree that the lad has never had as many standouts against us or them as Wallace and Goodwillie.

But tbf aswell, Davidson isnt playing for a side that is challenging for third spot every season and giving us(and them)at least a couple tough games a season. Every season.

You don't need to be on the winning side or play with one of the better teams to produce a performance against the Old Firm or the other better teams in the SPL. Morris has produced good displays against us, as did the likes of Sammon, Hayes, Rooney, Rankin to name a few.

This is not about SPL standard that some will no doubt claim, because I was the first to state Lee Wallace was massively underrated by our fans. Just don't get what this lad would bring to us or why some are happy to get him.

Thats a fair shout mate but I struggle to remember those players mentioned playing half as well the rest of the time.

What ive seen of this lad against us is what Ive seen from him against the rest. Raising your game 2 or 3 games a season isnt good enough.

Maybe thats why Ally rates him more highly than other similar aged talent in the SPL.

And btw I remember you saying that about Wallace (tu)

Bingo (tu) If we did sign him the only thing is hes got no older player to learn from in his position and his role in the team apart from Jig and i just dont want him picking up any of Jigs habits :lol:

Totally disagree.

Wallace, Goodwillie etc had proven themselves regularly in the SPL and produced performances against the Old Firm. Something I've yet to see from Murray, in-fact I would go as far as saying he has been pretty dire against the Old Firm and Morris has been much more impressive.

Murray Davidson will never be good enough for Rangers or Scotland. Would rather use the money from the transfer fee and his wages to sign other targets because he certainly is not better than what we have!

If he does join you can quote me that he will be gone from Rangers within a year or two and will have been a complete waste of money.

Tbf Davidson in his position might just be one of those players who never gets the plaudits or the limelight after a game because he is just going about his business putting in a tackle and just making the simple passes etc. Plenty of players like that that just because they dont make a game winning pass or goal etc they are overlooked but they have put in a good shift and did their job well.

Sammon and Rooney produced the goods more than often last season, the other two you are spot on about.

Saying that I can't comment on how Davidson performs in every game because I go to our games whilst majority of Saints games are not on tv, but that is the same for everyone. Your opinion is based on what you have seen, that's why I find it confusing that some believe he will be a regular for Scotland/Rangers when the lad has never shined or showed promise in those live games.

I dont know for a fact that he will be a regular for Rangers or Scotland but a step up in quality in terms of the players you're training with and playing with can make a huge difference.

Rooney and Sammon scored goals. They did about as much as Kris Boyd did the rest of the time. But, goals wins games so I'll give you they 2. Rankin and other no mark are fuds and can fuck off.

:lol:

The difference is during the games he has just been similar to McCulloch in my eyes. Giving away free-kicks, hardly moving the ball forward, being slow on the ball.

I've certainly noticed him during the games but not for the right reasons. Maybe you are happy to settle for a player doing the simple things or putting in a shift, I expect quality players arriving at my club who are technically good and can make things happen. Put it this way he is not even a 1/4 of the player Kevin Thomson was.

When you read comments from St Johnstone fans talking about his work rate and tackling as his best assets, you know that something is wrong!

somethings wrong because the boy can put in a shift and tackle well ? Thats exactly what were missing beside Davis. Someone to get the ball off the opposition which neither Jig nor Edu can do. Jig cant time a tackle and gives away a foul and Edu just will not put in a solid tackle.

Just because he isnt known for spraying 50 yard balls or unlocking defences or being the best technically doesnt mean the job he does wouldnt be a vital cog in the team. The job he does isnt being done by the 2 clowns that are attempting it at the moment so me personally i think it would be a good signing and he would kick on with us definatley. But we each have our own views on it :lol:

If that is true why not just give Hutton a game next to Davis? I'm not a big Hutton fan but I'd take him over Davidson every week of the day.

Rooney and Sammon did more than score goals, they troubled our backline at times. But you know what I mean anyway. (tu)

I do know exactly what you mean. I also believe you have a valid point.

Lets talk logic then: Why bring this guy with the young talent already there? Someone moving on? Someone moving position? Ive heard it said Edu to RB, not that--that interests me at all.

I like Hutton. To stroll through you're debut is a big deal but to stroll through it playing at Old Trafford? The boys has the mentality at least.

Ness to me is the subtle, assured CM we're crying out for. Just a shame we cant get him fit and get him the experience he needs.

Future sure is bright. Lets hope its also Orange. (tu)

That's were I differ, we badly lack a creative midfielder more than 'tackler' in midfield.

Always stated we can easily get by with Davis as the deeper lying midfield player and a new creative midfielder. Never bought into this whole great tackling defensive midfielder attitude, the best DMs are Alonso, Busquets, Makelele etc whom are not amazing in a challenge. What they do possess is ability on the ball, positional sense and ability to hold onto the ball in tight situations and start attacks.

Davis's best attributes suit that role more than as an attacking midfielder, we don't need a hard tackling midfielder especially in the SPL. We have a so called tough tackling midfielder playing just now and how successful has that been? Our better performances last season were with Edu/Davis.

I think we lack both.

Do you ever look at Davis and think "Stuart Mccall"?

That's were I differ, we badly lack a creative midfielder more than 'tackler' in midfield.

Always stated we can easily get by with Davis as the deeper lying midfield player and a new creative midfielder. Never bought into this whole great tackling defensive midfielder attitude, the best DMs are Alonso, Busquets, Makelele etc whom are not amazing in a challenge. What they do possess is ability on the ball, positional sense and ability to hold onto the ball in tight situations and start attacks.

Davis's best attributes suit that role more than as an attacking midfielder, we don't need a hard tackling midfielder especially in the SPL. We have a so called tough tackling midfielder playing just now and how successful has that been? Our better performances last season were with Edu/Davis.

This is a great post, well put, although i do feel we need a more aggresive midfielder for OF matches.

If only we could get kyle bartley