Mccoist On Kaunas And Promises We Will Be Ready In Regards To Signings

Boab

He said: "Because of when it is in the season, the Champions League qualifier will be tricky especially if we have to go to Eastern Europe, to Georgia or a place like that.

"We've done it before in Kaunas a few years ago. We were burnt in Kaunas and that was horrendous as we were coming off a great season. We looked jaded and tired. To say that right at the start of the season was strange but that was how we looked.

"That's why this time, we need players in to help the ones already here and to freshen the place up a bit.

"It has an affect on the players already here. After Kaunas we signed the likes of Pedro Mendes and a few others. But by then it was too late.

"That's how we know what's required this year. The new players will be in, we will be ready."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3696038/Coisty-We-cant-risk-Kaunas-two.html#ixzz1S7r9wAjP

Any player saying they feel "tired" at this stage needs a kick up the arse, or fined and punted. :disappointment:

I'd like to know who said that!

I remember watching that match with a mate... For the WHOLE match, we didnt say a word! The boys looked tire, exhausted and didnt want to be there... We need to avoid that! (Kaunas)

Far too much talking going on, starting to feel like McCoist is attempting to exert some pressure on Whyte.

Why would he need to exert pressure, the owner said more than the £5 million may be available if Alistair thinks it is needed.

You do realise that talking to the press is part of his job.

It is but maybe he needs to be a bit more savvy in what he reveals. Think he needs to learn the art of deflection like so many other managers do. It's great that he's a sound, open and honest guy, but he needs to close himself up a bit as much as that's against his character.

Just as his relationship with the players has changed with his new position so should his relationship with the press hacks.

right lets get a manager that just dont say a single thing too anyone, about anything, we can all just do guess work as it seems the norm on here, the man is the manager of our club and has to do interviews, some of you need to get of your high horse regarding this man and give hima fekking chance.

You do realise that talking to the press is part of his job.

Yes i do mate, but for me Ally has been doing too much talking to the press. Ally knew the score regarding the squad of players he was inheriting at the end of the season he would have known himself who he wanted and who he didnt, Whyte had secured the club before the end of the season claiming there would be £5m in the pot to spend. Ally had brought in before the end of the season Neil Murray and John Brown to scout players and i am sure Ally has identified players too who he wanted, now 8 days till start of season, and i think 2 weeks till Champions League qualifier where the club can secure £15m we have spent 500k in one player. There are areas of the park which need quality to improve us get us through to the Champions League which the club need the income we cant take a chance with the squad we got or i fear the worst. Our signing targets are in the press as though they know every move, Ally makes statements in the next 48hrs we will have signings etc it is becoming a circus get the business done then talk to the press all you want.

We have 8 days before the season starts and one player in. That's why.

As I said, the owner said the money is available, maybe what really needs to happen is for Alistair to put his foot down, with Smith and Whyte, because as it stands it really doesn't look as if either is taking much notice of his submitted requests, that is actually signing players Alastair has marked as required or he wants.

Yes i do mate, but for me Ally has been doing too much talking to the press. Ally knew the score regarding the squad of players he was inheriting at the end of the season he would have known himself who he wanted and who he didnt, Whyte had secured the club before the end of the season claiming there would be £5m in the pot to spend. Ally had brought in before the end of the season Neil Murray and John Brown to scout players and i am sure Ally has identified players too who he wanted, now 8 days till start of season, and i think 2 weeks till Champions League qualifier where the club can secure £15m we have spent 500k in one player. There are areas of the park which need quality to improve us get us through to the Champions League which the club need the income we cant take a chance with the squad we got or i fear the worst. Our signing targets are in the press as though they know every move, Ally makes statements in the next 48hrs we will have signings etc it is becoming a circus get the business done then talk to the press all you want.

Fair play I agree with you guys that he needs to be a bit more careful what he reveals to the press.

This will hopefully come with experience.

But, in this case I honestly believe the reason Ally is speaking to the press so much is to reach out to the fans. I think he's being genuine when trying to assure us that they will be ready and there will be more signings.