Hugo Leal

I was thining about potential players we could go for and this guy came to mind. After trying to read up about him on Wiki (page was in Portugese) it seems that he is unattached at the moment after leaving Sporting Braga in the January. I'm not sure why he left but I think he had a row with one of the coaches.

He is still only 26 and has played for clubs like Atleticho Madrid, Porto and PSG and can play in the centre of midfield, on the left and behind the strikers. I'm not too sure if he has many international caps or not (could anybody confirm) but he has played in Europe as recently as this season.

I don't know too much about him now but could he be worth a shout? We need players with experience and versatility and this guy has both.

I was thining about potential players we could go for and this guy came to mind. After trying to read up about him on Wiki (page was in Portugese) it seems that he is unattached at the moment after leaving Sporting Braga in the January. I'm not sure why he left but I think he had a row with one of the coaches.

He is still only 26 and has played for clubs like Atleticho Madrid, Porto and PSG and can play in the centre of midfield, on the left and behind the strikers. I'm not too sure if he has many international caps or not (could anybody confirm) but he has played in Europe as recently as this season.

I don't know too much about him now but could he be worth a shout? We need players with experience and versatility and this guy has both.

Feck sake mate your list is endless

He was a big hope in portugal, but went downhill once he went to PSG, actually played against us for them.

As far as I remember he's very skillful but very lightweight, so not sure how he will cope with the rough and tumble that is the SPL

Lightweight doesn't mean unsuitable for the SPL. Rod Wallace was hardly a clogger and did very well here.

And of course folk call Buffel it, yet no one would deny he HAS performed well (if inconsistently, in some fans' eyes).

As for this Leal guy - sounds quite interesting to an extent, but I'd hate us to sign another Sionko.

i would get him over on trial and see what happens. yes we could probably do better but i would rather have someone experienced like that than some of the pish we have been linked to.