HD DVD or Blu Ray

j1mgg

Heres my 10 pence worth.

I have a 52 inch hd plasma and i can tell you buy a Samsung hd 850 upscaler.

Playing new 007 on my PS3 (blue ray) and 007 on my Samsung (ripped retail copy) cant notice any difference .

Final point ripped dvds easy to get hold and of and cheap , as long as its retail ripp you will not tell the diff.

Heres my 10 pence worth.

I have a 52 inch hd plasma and i can tell you buy a Samsung hd 850 upscaler.

Playing new 007 on my PS3 (blue ray) and 007 on my Samsung (ripped retail copy) cant notice any difference .

Final point ripped dvds easy to get hold and of and cheap , as long as its retail ripp you will not tell the diff.

but copying a retail dvd you lose quality already by compressing but to be fair you are right the quality difference will be hard to notice.

Whats a samsung hd 850 upscaler?

Samsung 850 is a £80 dvd player and i joke you not you will not believe the quality this little player does.

It has a chip in it that upscales the pic to 1080 look for reviews on it.

Copying a retail dvd and ripping it the quality u lose is tiny and the upscaler fixes most of the quailty problems anyway.

The magic is that its using the hmdi port on hd tv thats how i can say its worth its wieght and buying £25 -£30 retail blue ray or hd dvds is not.

Guest TheQueensXI
hd dvds are only 15 pounds in most places and they tend to come double sided, the HD movie on one side, flip it over, standard dvd on the other ;)

(tu) quality idea.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheQueensXI
Are either backwards compatible?

Are many films out for either?

DVD only became popular when PS2 sales soared. With PS3 being expensive I don't see the point right now.

Ask me in a few years!

they both play dvds - though im pretty sure neither play cds. well, a player i seen couldnt.

they both play dvds - though im pretty sure neither play cds. well, a player i seen couldnt.

My ps3 plays cds.

update on upscaler dvd player .

Ive got a Phillips dvp5980 from Costco way better than my Samsung plus has a usb socket you can watch stuff from a usb men stick now.

Guest TheQueensXI
My ps3 plays cds.

update on upscaler dvd player .

Ive got a Phillips dvp5980 from Costco way better than my Samsung plus has a usb socket you can watch stuff from a usb men stick now.

i looked into that - it was a hd/bd player that played both discs that couldnt. the others i saw did (tu)