Your feelings towards SDM  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still support him ?

• Yes he has my total support
    • Yes but I am becoming disillusioned
    • Wavering
    • No I am becoming more and more disillusioned
    • I agree with Fish - Murray GTF !

Is now looking silly after his often quoted "For every fiver that Celtic spend...." claim. Seriously needs to back up the team now or go. No trophys in what will be over 2 years just isnt good enough.

SDM has had his day. It's been nearly 10 years since 9IAR and not even his biggest fan can say we've improved in those 10 years in any area. Success has went from the norm, to sporadic, to non-existent.

The club was went from being number 1 to being number 2 and sometimes worse. Other key areas of the club have been neglected so much that faith in the current administration is decreasing by the day. We have an owner who places self-image and promotion before those of some of the most loyal fans in the world.

I see little or no evidence in favour of Sir David Murray remaining being the best thing for our club.

murray is one of the worst things to happen to rangers imo cue the replies of he gave us 9 in a row

And our debt, the worst Manager we've ever had, the most amount of games without a win, persistant lying to the fans, next to no money invested in the team, and several years without a trophy.

MURRAY GTF!

murray is one of the worst things to happen to rangers imo cue the replies of he gave us 9 in a row

And our debt, the worst Manager we've ever had, the most amount of games without a win, persistant lying to the fans, next to no money invested in the team, and several years without a trophy.

MURRAY GTF!

add the constant liberties the media take unchallenged

MURRAY GTF!

add the constant liberties the media take unchallenged

I knew there was something else...

I think most of the criticism Murray receives is warranted and there's not too many (online) bears who don't appreciate this.

As such, I'd actually be interested in reading why the couple of people who have voted they back him still do so. What exactly has he shown in recent years to merit such loyalty and faith?

What exactly has he shown in recent years to merit such loyalty and faith?

Is there anything ?

Well, looking at it from as neutral a position as possible, one could argue that the club have done reasonably well to reduce the debt from £83million to a quarter of that and still retain the sporadic success we did have under Alex McLeish.

The building of Murray Park is also another good thing which does help the image and continuity of the club to a degree worth praise.

However, even with both these positive items, negatives can be immediately attached. SDM should never have allowed the debt to happen and our excellent training facility should have been built 15 years ago when money was more prevalent.

I can't think of any more than that so, like I say, I'd be interested to hear from someone who does feel SDM is still the man for the job.

What exactly has he shown in recent years to merit such loyalty and faith?

Is there anything ?

Well, looking at it from as neutral a position as possible, one could argue that the club have done reasonably well to reduce the debt from £83million to a quarter of that and still retain the sporadic success we did have under Alex McLeish.

The building of Murray Park is also another good thing which does help the image and continuity of the club to a degree worth praise.

However, even with both these positive items, negatives can be immediately attached. SDM should never have allowed the debt to happen and our excellent training facility should have been built 15 years ago when money was more prevalent.

I can't think of any more than that so, like I say, I'd be interested to hear from someone who does feel SDM is still the man for the job.

I'm the same mate, i can't think of anything.

TBH, I'm surprised that a man "involved", if you will, with Rangers does not back Murray, as former players, etc, seem to all stick up for him.

Fair play for saying what you think Frankie (tu)

Don't worry Davy, SDM knows exactly what I think of him. ;)

To be fair to him he accepts mistakes have been made and he's made it pretty clear that it's time for him to move on. Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later but until he does go, it's vital that the current dialogue channels continue and that it stays as positive as possible.

Don't worry Davy, SDM knows exactly what I think of him. ;)

To be fair to him he accepts mistakes have been made and he's made it pretty clear that it's time for him to move on. Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later but until he does go, it's vital that the current dialogue channels continue and that it stays as positive as possible.

(tu)

Obviously the most interesting aspect of online forum polls like this will be the final result where the majority of people usually suggest they'd be happier if SDM did move on.

Unfortunately, these online results would not transfer to the stadium on match day. There, it has still been obvious recently, that the vast majority are still arguably behind SDM and refuse to question his decisions and tenure.

That's why, although people like the Fish's straight-talking may have it's place here, one must be more tactful in how they approach the bigger picture away from often one-sided and unrepresentative internet forums.

It's simply not as easy as saying Murray GTF. The man still owns 91.8% of our club and even the most valued and accurate of protests aren't enough to make him give away his shareholding for nothing. A more patient (and albeit frustrating) strategy has to be employed.

So that's 4 people who give him their total support.

Any chance you guys could tell us why he still gets your vote of confidence? If you're not comfortable doing it publicly, feel free to pm as I am genuinely interested in your reasons.

:)

But nobody gives him enough credit for turning round the Club when he brought in Souness; or for rebuilding the Stadium.

Only kidding, that fishing expedition's run its course for now :pipeguy: