Wesley Verhoek

Broxi1872

this, along with the ziani link are the types of players i fully expect us to be setting our sights on...players that have flair and skill to compliment our graft and guile...players that will not cost the earth in transfer fees (if nearing end of contract) but may have decent sell on value...

this, along with the ziani link are the types of players i fully expect us to be setting our sights on...players that have flair and skill to compliment our graft and guile...players that will not cost the earth in transfer fees (if nearing end of contract) but may have decent sell on value...

(tu) i agree completely. Judging by what I've seen of him he's defo better than we have got already. His crossing looks excellent and his pace is frightening. I just don't see a re-igniting an interest because notts forest pulled out? Why would we not be prepared to go in for him in the first place?

Had a wee look at the Forrest forums to see what they make of it - I should have known it would rile me.

They're giving it things like "why would he want to join Rangers?, Rangers and Celtic would be mid championship at best" - in other words they're the bigger club of us currently....I also read that if he joined us it would be for the money - i nearly pissed myself at that one, on account of Championship sides offering mediocre players £25,000 p/w.

English ignorance and arrogence gets on my wick summit awful.

Had a wee look at the Forrest forums to see what they make of it - I should have known it would rile me.

They're giving it things like "why would he want to join Rangers?, Rangers and Celtic would be mid championship at best" - in other words they're the bigger club of us currently....I also read that if he joined us it would be for the money - i nearly pissed myself at that one, on account of Championship sides offering mediocre players £25,000 p/w.

:mecha-anguish:

I dont get how these fuds think! If we were given an extra £30M like the epl teams get, how big would we become? We already get a bigger income than a lot of the epl teams Yet we only get £2/3M from tv rights!

The Championship rarely offer that sort of money.

He would get more money coming up here but they are deluded.

We would walk that League easily.

I dont get how these fuds think! If we were given an extra £30M like the epl teams get, how big would we become? We already get a bigger income than a lot of the epl teams Yet we only get £2/3M from tv rights!

Tell me about it - seen one comment saying "if he goes to Rangers he'll never win anything outside of Scotland with them" .......and what would he win at all with Forrest outside of Englands promotion to being whipping boys? i must have missed it on SSN that Clough had retaken charge and is ready for the Champions League campaign this season.

I mean fair play the leagues better in terms of depth, but there is not a team in that division we wouldn't beat.

Been talking to a Dutchie I know today, and according to him pretty much everyone who has any direct contact with this lad doubts wether he'd be able to handle a move abroad. Not from a footballing perspective, mind, but he's so hugely patriotic and loves the windmills so much that they all think he'd last a year tops before pining for a move home.

Been talking to a Dutchie I know today, and according to him pretty much everyone who has any direct contact with this lad doubts wether he'd be able to handle a move abroad. Not from a footballing perspective, mind, but he's so hugely patriotic and loves the windmills so much that they all think he'd last a year tops before pining for a move home.

bloody hell he is only just down road from holland if he comes to ibrox!!

Rangers head Verhoek chase

Rangers are leading the race to sign Dutch winger Wesley Verhoek after a Nottingham Forest bid fell through.

The 24-year-old is one of the most highly-rated wide-men in Holland and Forest boss Steve McClaren is only too aware of his abilities following his time with FC Twente.

After taking charge of Forest earlier this summer, McClaren is understood to have made Verhoek one of his primary targets.

But after talks with his club Den Haag, Forest have been unable to agree terms which has allowed Scottish champions Rangers to step in.

Interest remains high in Holland with Ajax, AZ Alkmaar, FC Twente and Utrecht all keen - but a move to either Scotland or England would appeal more.

Now Rangers are ready to make their move and could even lodge a firm offer in the coming week after Verhoek helps Den Haag face FK Tauras in the second leg of their Europa League qualifying clash.

Blah blah blah

Talk talk talk

48hrs 48hrs 48hrs

The boys need new faces the boys need new faces

The boys need new faces

We talk 3 times a day we talk 3 times a day

We talk 3 times a day