Wesley Verhoek

Broxi1872

I can assure the doubters and the optimists that the bid on the table for Verhoek HAS been rejected as being too low - it's all over the internet in Dutch press within the last hour or so.

It doesn't mean we're not going to get him,... I just find it strange that rather and be safe and sign the player on a reasonable fee - we haggle to the point of being rediculous in a public format. One would rightly think if you get a low bid accepted pubically - the other teams interested would bid the same and then the player has a choice of clubs. Should that club be in the Premiership, Italy, Spain, Germany - with our current wage structure, league, european situation, it's hard to see how that way of Transfer dealing is going to be anything other than a protracted failure costly in time and in reputation.

This is the Article that went on website at 15.27 today

ADO Den Haag has a bid from Rangers for Wesley Verhoek rejected. The Scottish champions, last Wednesday off in the third qualifying round of the Champions League, asked for a ransom that the club did not agree.

Ally McCoist manager of The Gers have extra room in the budget for the closing of the transfer market to attract some new players. Last week, the transfer of Madjid Bougherra to the Qatari Lekhwiya about that about 2 million euros for the 28-year-old defender paid.

Of this amount was the former international Roland Juhász (Anderlecht) and Wesley Verhoek to get Ibrox. Commissioner Mark van der Kallen ADO Den Haag let the Scot know however, that a transition from the flank player does not occur.

"The Rangers have already signed up for Wesley to us," he told Voetbal International. We have told them that a transfer is not at issue. That is simply not to talk about. Or finances played a role? Yes. The Glasgow bid was just not high enough. "

I can assure the doubters and the optimists that the bid on the table for Verhoek HAS been rejected as being too low - it's all over the internet in Dutch press within the last hour or so.

It doesn't mean we're not going to get him,... I just find it strange that rather and be safe and sign the player on a reasonable fee - we haggle to the point of being rediculous in a public format. One would rightly think if you get a low bid accepted pubically - the other teams interested would bid the same and then the player has a choice of clubs. Should that club be in the Premiership, Italy, Spain, Germany - with our current wage structure, league, european situation, it's hard to see how that way of Transfer dealing is going to be anything other than a protracted failure costly in time and in reputation.

Link/s?

This is the Article that went on website at 15.27 today

ADO Den Haag has a bid from Rangers for Wesley Verhoek rejected. The Scottish champions, last Wednesday off in the third qualifying round of the Champions League, asked for a ransom that the club did not agree.

Ally McCoist manager of The Gers have extra room in the budget for the closing of the transfer market to attract some new players. Last week, the transfer of Madjid Bougherra to the Qatari Lekhwiya about that about 2 million euros for the 28-year-old defender paid.

Of this amount was the former international Roland Juhász (Anderlecht) and Wesley Verhoek to get Ibrox. Commissioner Mark van der Kallen ADO Den Haag let the Scot know however, that a transition from the flank player does not occur.

"The Rangers have already signed up for Wesley to us," he told Voetbal International. We have told them that a transfer is not at issue. That is simply not to talk about. Or finances played a role? Yes. The Glasgow bid was just not high enough. "

How much exactly do they expect to get for a player we can speak to in January about a free transfer? Our lastest bid was reported to be 2 million.

So we have bid since?

im sure if you push the fact we had many on here will start to agree with you, giving you that little glimmer of joy that something else is not going to plan, perhaps sliding of yer seat in the process due to being wet with excitment

As rfc52 points out they are all variations of the same story. And a rehash of an earlier story posted on here.

I'm not sure how else you report a bid being rejected than it being a similar report to someone else - point being according to those links within the news on google that are dated today - are dutch - and they say our bid's been rejected as being too low.

I would take that to mean right now we're looking at putting another bid in if we still want him.

I'm not sure how else you report a bid being rejected than it being a similar report to someone else - point being according to those links within the news on google that are dated today - are dutch - and they say our bid's been rejected as being too low.

I would take that to mean right now we're looking at putting another bid in if we still want him.

I can find you 2 dozen stories dated today that are rehashed with info thats anywhere from a few days old, to weeks old.

Ally stated today that as far as he knew there was no new news.

The foreign websites report things for days on end mate with a new date on them There was one with Juhasz which was a week old that was put up again by 3 sites. I dont know if google have a bot that goes through all the sites every so often

ADO Den Haag has a bid from Rangers for Wesley Verhoek rejected. The Scottish champions, last Wednesday off in the third qualifying round of the Champions League, proposed a lump sum payment for which the club did not agree. manager Ally McCoist by The Gers have extra room in the budget for the closing of the transfer market some new players pulling. Last week, the transfer of Madjid Bougherra to the Qatari Lekhwiya about that about 2 million euros for the 28-year-old defender paid. This amount was the former international Roland Juhász (Anderlecht) and Wesley Verhoek get to Ibrox. Commissioner Mark van der Kallen for ADO Den Haag let the Scot know however, that a transition from the flank player does not occur. "The Rangers have already signed up for Wesley to us," he told Voetbal International . We have told them that a transfer is not at issue. That is simply not to talk about. Or finances played a role? Yes. The Glasgow bid was just not high enough. "

I can find you 2 dozen stories dated today that are rehashed with info thats anywhere from a few days old, to weeks old.

Ally stated today that as far as he knew there was no new news.

I don't doubt that you can - my point was that it's the Dutch press on a Dutch player - the Daily record isn't going to have the back page headline in 2 weeks that a deal has been agreed for Bougherra. In other words if someones going to know what a dutch club are doing behind the scenes then it will be Dutch press - it's not German and Italian sites that are catching on to the news late as it circulates the world, they are all articles from Holland from this afternoon.

The latest in Holland is our bid is rejected - should there be knowledge of another bid being on the table that's what they'd be reporting right now. This isn't the case.

I think we will cough up on him and we may well be putting another bid as we speak but our side of the deal there's no news and the latest in Holland is the bid was rejected.

As fans we can't really go on anything other than the latest can we?!

----------Edit----------

According to my dutch friends the news is that the latest bid was rejected. (They are from Limburg, Dokkum, and Naarden)

I keep opening these player threads hoping we've signed someone. They always seem to be long drawn out affairs. I'll just need to hang around for a bit longer.

I keep opening these threads as there are new posts only to find it's two fandango's having another handbag fight

Nothing mate. :lol: Broxi made a wrongful point about nobody caring about the issue in the debate, which I proved to be false. Still claims that my post's had nothing to do with this player yet the whole crux was based around people talking about a straight choose between Forrest and us. In reality it was connected! Was claimed we would get beat on wage terms due to a tv deal/attendances, which I made counter points against, as did Paul. Could not make it up mate, apparently bumping a thread up saying "this is getting too far down the page, need to bump it up" is much more acceptable. Yes because people will not see the thread at the top of the page and think there is new news, oh wait it's just posts about Iniesta wanting to come to Scotland and someone talking about bumping the thread. dohBroxi will be in here next going mental because Getstiffed, rfc52 and preacher are discussing the validity of news articles and those dates etc. :crabflute:

I keep opening these threads as there are new posts only to find it's two fandango's having another handbag fight

that proves my whole point, you keep going on about one post I made as a joke. You can have your argument but make a thread for it next time as people come in here to find news

I don't doubt that you can - my point was that it's the Dutch press on a Dutch player - the Daily record isn't going to have the back page headline in 2 weeks that a deal has been agreed for Bougherra. In other words if someones going to know what a dutch club are doing behind the scenes then it will be Dutch press - it's not German and Italian sites that are catching on to the news late as it circulates the world, they are all articles from Holland from this afternoon.

The latest in Holland is our bid is rejected - should there be knowledge of another bid being on the table that's what they'd be reporting right now. This isn't the case.

I think we will cough up on him and we may well be putting another bid as we speak but our side of the deal there's no news and the latest in Holland is the bid was rejected.

As fans we can't really go on anything other than the latest can we?!

----------Edit----------

According to my dutch friends the news is that the latest bid was rejected. (They are from Limburg, Dokkum, and Naarden)

If thats from actual Dutch folk then fair enough. The articles are very similar to each other aswell as some older ones.