Wesley Verhoek

Broxi1872

You might very well be right. But if the club don't think he is value for money at that price, and with full knowledge of other players/bids we have in and of the club's finances, we shouldn't pay it.

So why bid? We are trying to save money but if a team wants a 2 million you're pretty much gonna have to give them it!!!

they wanted 2 million, i thought after the DG saga and the defeat to malmo we would have made sure we got him and just bid the 2 million. Not a bad price for this guy tbh. Whos gonna be the next target we get our hopes up about :(

It's amazing that some folk want us to pay the full amount of the selling club's opening gambit, irrespective of how much we as a club value that player. So if we value someone at £1.5m, but the selling club want £3m, and another club comes in with a bid of £3m, suddenly we've got to offer £3m or it's an embarrassment? No, our maximum offer should be what we think that player is worth. If another club places a higher value on him, such is life. We've gone many years paying too much for players - that worked, didn't it! :rolleyes:

I'm not in the least bit embarrassed that the club are at last endeavouring to find value for money in the transfer market.

Bang on. Paying over the odds is what got us into financial rouble in the first place. Yet people are happy to neglect that fact and moan about Whyte not paying up for a player that 99% of people on here, including myself, are judging on the basis of a YouTube compilation of his bets bits. I fully back the club in their fight to sign players of good value. A few hundred thousand for an Aussie international? Yes please. Also hoping that should Goian go on to be a success, Ally and the team will be praised highly for getting such a good player at a knock-down price

Rangers dont seem to think anyones worth there clubs valuation they dont have a clue they take this piss wae shit offers n the players watch this n go fuck goin tae a club that does deals like that therefor we will continue to sign shit till it changes with acception to bartley n judhazs imo

So why bid? We are trying to save money but if a team wants a 2 million you're pretty much gonna have to give them it!!!

I've got a client who today put a bid in for a house that is way, way under the asking price. It looks like he is going to be successful and get the house. If only he had bid what the sellers wanted in the first place! <cr>

(And even if he isn't successful, there are thousands more houses he can put in offers for that would represent better value for money than paying over his valuation of the house.)

Whytes clearly no got the money and we are making shite bids so we can turn around and say after it ''We tried'' knowing full well we have no chance of getting him for that price.

Whyte stinks and the warnings from AJ and the old board are now starting to become real.

Will you peddle that same shite when Juhasz arrives for £3.5m?

As much as i grow increasingly frustrated by our transfer dealings, im sticking with my original theory, i will hold off and judge whyte and our club on 1st Sept when i'll know exacly whos came in, whos left, and roughly how much we've spent.

I will say this, people are forgetting we paid £1.5M for lee wallace, so there is, or was, money there.

Rangers dont seem to think anyones worth there clubs valuation they dont have a clue they take this piss wae shit offers n the players watch this n go fuck goin tae a club that does deals like that therefor we will continue to sign shit till it changes with acception to exception of bartley n judhazs imo

So, basically, all our signings have been shite...except for Bartley...and possibly Juhasz...and probably Goian when he gets to play a couple of games for us? Give the new lads a while to actually play a couple of games of football eh? Wallace has started very well in my opinion. Ortiz is the only one who hasn't quite got going yet and even then, he's only played a handful of games

Will you peddle that same shite when Juhasz arrives for £3.5m?

Aye a will we are getting 1.7 million for Bougherra and we got 800k for Charlie Adam... Don't be surprised if we sell Edu aswell...

Im awaiting the ''Paying over the odds got us into trouble blah blah blah'' shite but theres a difference spending 12 million for Flo and spending 2 million for Goodwillie.

Whytes probably spending about 1 million of his own money in the Juhasz deal.

It's amazing that some folk want us to pay the full amount of the selling club's opening gambit, irrespective of how much we as a club value that player. So if we value someone at £1.5m, but the selling club want £3m, and another club comes in with a bid of £3m, suddenly we've got to offer £3m or it's an embarrassment? No, our maximum offer should be what we think that player is worth. If another club places a higher value on him, such is life. We've gone many years paying too much for players - that worked, didn't it! :rolleyes:

I'm not in the least bit embarrassed that the club are at last endeavouring to find value for money in the transfer market.

No one's suggesting we pay the full amount, of course we've got to try and get the player at the best price possible.

This situation changes dramatically once the selling club receives an acceptable offer from another team. We have a decision to make, up the offer or walk away. Somehow we're failing to grasp this very basic of concepts.

Aye a will we are getting 1.7 million for Bougherra and we got 800k for Charlie Adam... Don't be surprised if we sell Edu aswell...

Im awaiting the ''Paying over the odds got us into trouble blah blah blah'' shite but theres a difference spending 12 million for Flo and spending 2 million for Goodwillie.

Whats:

1.5M + 800k + 500k + 3.5m - 1.7M - 800k

=?

Fair enough. The facts speak for themselves though. We've brought in approx £2.5m on Boughy and Adam sell on clause and we've so far spent £3m on players (Wallace, Ortiz, Goain) and will apparently soon complete a £3.5m deal for Juhasz. That's not even including giving Shagger, Davis and Whittaker bumper deals. He's got the money and is spending it, importantly, he's spending it wisely.

No one's suggesting we pay the full amount, of course we've got to try and get the player at the best price possible.

This situation changes dramatically once the selling club receives an acceptable offer from another team. We have a decision to make, up the offer or walk away. Somehow we're failing to grasp this very basic of concepts.

With Goodwillie perhaps but surely with Verhoek, we have walked away? I don't doubt that the Goodwillie bids weren't dealt with perfectly but I think it's clear we have walked away from upping our Verhoek bid. The problem is, people on here have decided he's the best thing since sliced bread and are fuming that Ally doesn't rate him as highly as Youtube viewing Gers do. Signing MacKay would say to me that we have moved on

With Goodwillie perhaps but surely with Verhoek, we have walked away? I don't doubt that the Goodwillie bids weren't dealt with perfectly but I think it's clear we have walked away from upping our Verhoek bid. The problem is, people on here have decided he's the best thing since sliced bread and are fuming that Ally doesn't rate him as highly as Youtube viewing Gers do. Signing MacKay would say to me that we have moved on

Another good point mate. Also, if we do indeed miss out, i think we should all wait to see who we actually get in before throwin the towel in.

Did we? There are so many lies coming out of Ibrox these days I don't know who or what to believe.

Verhoek's a loss, no two ways about it, but the signing of MacKay does go some way to softening the blow. He could well turn out to be exactly what we're looking for.

Another good point mate. Also, if we do indeed miss out, i think we should all wait to see who we actually get in before throwin the towel in.

Absolutely. I know very little about Verhoek, he may well turn out to be a fantastic player. However, some people on here already have him as a superstar, similarly to Goodwillie, simply because they want a signing. We all want players coming in, quality players. However, it would have taken a hell of an effort to get all our top targets and I trust that we don't want to overspend on one player, leaving us without the money to fill a weak spot elsewhere in the team. We really do have to wait until September 1st. We've missed out on Verhoek but who knows, maybe in a couple of weeks time, when the Premiership squads are decided, a fantastic striker or winger will become available for less than we would have had to pay for Verhoek? It's not an exact science and unfortunately, we will just have to wait and see how our plans end up working out.

No one's throwing the towel in. As a support we have a right to feel disappointed at the way the club have gone about their business in this window.

We all hoped for a brave new dawn under Whyte but so far he's gone down like a pork pie at a jews weddding.

Well by your reckoning he could get Verhoek without spending a dime. Stop being a greeting faced wee lassie