Wesley Verhoek

Broxi1872

There would be no reason to make an excuse - think of all the player that have turned us down - they have just said why - money, want to play in england/spain etc etc.

If he was to sign for another club abroad now he would just look like a lying bastard.

There's barely a footballer on this planet who isn't a lying bastard!

There would be no reason to make an excuse - think of all the player that have turned us down - they have just said why - money, want to play in england/spain etc etc.

If he was to sign for another club abroad now he would just look like a lying bastard.

But no one else has had a bid accepted he doesn't have a choice as of yet

nice try, In dundee and they dont use cutlery they use there hands (tu)

If your going to try and take the piss out of people at least punctuate and compose your sentences properly - otherwise you just look like a knob. And I wasn't referring to cutlery - I was referring to you being a spoon.

I missed this thread for 24-36 hours as I thought he was offski to NF .... looks like thats changed (i think) ... can someone fill me in so I dont need to read a few dozen pages.

Didn't go to NF cause he would be " homesick " then just about 10 pages of people saying " get a bid in " or " he'll be homesick there's no point " apart from that, nothing

Do we have any Dutch Coach or anything still at the Club?? Maybe that was the issue at Forrest , nothing familiar.

At least Murrsy Park was modeled on the Dutch system after Advocat.. So he might find our setup more familiar,,, either that or quickly go buy him a wee dutch pal.

We need a stiker, so maybe that lad Bost at Heerenveen who was getting raved aboot last year or Ricky Van Wolfwinkle (his name just makes me haller everytime I hear it lol )

I missed this thread for 24-36 hours as I thought he was offski to NF .... looks like thats changed (i think) ... can someone fill me in so I dont need to read a few dozen pages.

He is worried about being homesick so he is away back home - which obviously allows us to go back in as he wouldn't get homesick in Glasgow.

Yeah makes perfect sense - don't you think?

Best translation of the Dutch report is as follows:

A statement released on their official website read: "After one day in England, Wesley Verhoek has decided that Nottingham Forest was not the adventure he thought it would be.

"He has given up on a foreign move and is hoping to stay in Holland, preferably with ADO Den Haag.

"After spending the last seven years with the club, his ties to the club are stronger than he first thought.

"The club is set to hold further discussions with him about his current situation and the future."

I think it's perfectly valid to suggest that he didn't like what he saw at Forest and is now claiming to be happy in Holland and with ADO Den Haag.

However, I think it's also valid to suggest that this is a tactic to avoid Forest who offered more than us, put pressure on Den Haag to offer a better deal and further, to possibly lower their expectations of a fee, after Den Haag cam't meet his demands, thus paving the way for a transfer with a lower fee.