Alejandro Bedoya deal agreed

"The SPL champions have also had a bid rejected for USA international midfielder Alejandro Bedoya, currently with Swedish outfit Orebro, as boss Ally McCoist steps up his reinforcement plans."

- Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2016670/Rangers-boss-Ally-McCoist-bids-Kenny-Miller.html?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were originally linked with him a month or so ago. He's had a good few caps for the US, and Bocanegra called him 'the breakout player of the Gold Cup', which is nice to hear.

From the same article, a quote about him from Tim Howard:

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/6703567/alejandro-bedoya-breakout-player-gold-cup

Missed all the talk you mentioned.

Whats the skinny on this guy then?

The earlier stuff just said that we were interested, but gave no more details.

I know we should be rational and 'only want to sign the right people', but I'm a football fan, and so, by definition, supposed to be irrational. Can we please hurry up and sign someone now?!

Its hard not to get anxious.

Imagine how Ally feels though mate. Must be so many differnt emotions to deal with and from what I seen in his interview today he didnt/isnt showing it.

Have you seen this Bedoya in action then?

Our bidding process this summer has been shambolic

I'm not sure who is to blame.. Smith?

We seem to be finding out clubs valuation then offering half.

Ie Rodriguez?

Lunacy.

So if a team was going to buy Steve Davis and asked us how much do you want...

We would realistically accept anywhere between £5-8m (Going by our recent big sales) but if you didnt want to sell the player then your obviously going to say higher than that...

So if we say, we want £10m for him, then teams should pay that and by offering anything lower they are "shambolic"? Its called negotiating!

Only a moron would pay the asking price for a player every single time! Look at Cuellar...Villa wanted £3-4m and we bid £2m, it was rejected but we stuck by our guns and the offer was eventually accepted!

If he signs we've saved ourselves £1-2m because we played hard ball, the total opposite of "shambolic" IMO!

no one is disputing that we need to negotiate, but it stands to reason that we should already have a fair idea of what the club wants for a player, but we always charge in with a ridicously low bid..now thats fine if it works, but we dont seem to do much negotiation past that point, simply pull out of deals..

we are no further forward than we were weeks ago, despite ally, smith, dickson, whyte etc all telling us we will have more players in 48 hrs blah blah...it is shambolic because the way we have handled the media...we have made alot of brash statements and comments on players, but fuck all to show for it, that does not make sense to me...

i think i prefer walts transfer dealings, at least what we don't know...