I'm very meh on this deal

The idea of spending about £4 million on a centre half when the team is crying out for 2 midfielders and a striker is very troubling

I would settle for a partnership of Bartley and Goian and us spending the Juhasz money on positions we desperately need to strengthen

What the fuck does meh mean?that even a word?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Closing in on two esthablished international players with another 23 days of the window still to go and some posters are still moaning? Why do people with that much of a negative mindset actually both

I have never read so much pish about football transfers especially from mclhachan. We perhaps start too low that cannot be argued however unless there is a release clause clubs with small budgets will

boogies not lost weight to play for us.

I am with you on that.

A central midfielder, a winger and a striker are all of a higher concern just now.

And even then there would probably still be enough money left over to pick up an experienced centre half who's current club would be willing to let him go for free.

Any centre half or midfielder with half an ounce of talent should be able to come up here and use their experience to basically coast it, providing they apply themselves properly. Guys like Majstorovic, Weir, Dubbery, Moravcik, Berg, Morris & Eremenko have all shown that in fairly recent seasons.

The fact that we could pick up a number of guys of that ilk this for small/nominal fees suggests we should spend why money we do have on real quality for the final third.

I'd echo the statements of a few posters above in saying that we shouldn't be spending 4 million euros on a centre back at the moment. Bartley & Goian is a good enough partnership for the SPL. Partner for Davis, partner for Jelavic and a left midfielder should be where we invest our serious money.

It's easy enough saying we want a wingers, striker etc.. Incase no-one has noticed, we struggle to complete any transfer, I'll take what I can get at the moment if it's strengthening the team and Roland Juhasz would do that

We need a top class CB to replace Bougherra. Bartley is IMO not ready to play 30+ games a season, Goian has suffered in the past with injuries, Weir is 41 now and Broadfoot should not be allowed to play.

But is spending nearly £4m on a 28 year old CB good business? We badly need a CM, LW and a good ST.

We need a top class CB to replace Bougherra. Bartley is IMO not ready to play 30+ games a season, Goian has suffered in the past with injuries, Weir is 41 now and Broadfoot should not be allowed to play.

But is spending nearly £4m on a 28 year old CB good business? We badly need a CM, LW and a good ST.

That's how I'd summarise this possible transfer. Juhasz would be a good replacement for Bougherra but not at nearly £4M. We've sold a 28 year old centre back in Bougherra for £1.7M and to replace him with another 28 year old centre back for nearly £4M doesn't seem like good business.

1201 FOOTBALL: - BBC Sport's Chris McLaughlin on Twitter: "Rangers have not ended their interest in Roland Juhasz after a bid was rejected by Anderlecht. No new bid today though."

We sold a 28yr old CH who was in his last year of contract and didn't want to be here. We'd be signing a 28yr old centre half on a 4yr deal for c. £3m. From all accounts this lad is top drawer and if we got him around that price our spending would be roughly:-

£3m Juhasz

£1.5m Wallace

£0.5m Goian

£0.4m Ortiz

£5.4m Ins

£1.7m Boogie

£0.9m Adam

£2.6m Outs

So even with Juhasz we'd only have spent net £2.8m to £3m. I'd imagine leaving us funds for 2 more decent signings - a striker and a left winger if Whyte's noises about front loading investment are genuine.

If the are looking for an extra £200,000 then I don't see us walking away yet. It's not as if they are looking for an awful lot more money but we should not be paying he extra money after they told us a price that they deemed acceptable.

Keep the same bid in and try and flog them one of our duds.

That's how I'd summarise this possible transfer. Juhasz would be a good replacement for Bougherra but not at nearly £4M. We've sold a 28 year old centre back in Bougherra for £1.7M and to replace him with another 28 year old centre back for nearly £4M doesn't seem like good business.

Agreed, would rather get a decent striker in for that money. While i'd like to strengthen at the back, I think we have enough to just about cover us for now.

Bartley/Goian may well be good enough, but what do we do when either of them is injured. We only have a 41 year old and Broadfoot who we all know isn't good enough. We could play Bartley in the holding role, push Davis into a more attacking role and partner Goian with Juhasz then we wouldn't need a CM. Just a suggestion.

McGregor

Whttaker - Goian - Juhasz - Wallace

Bartley

Ortiz ------------------ New LM

Davis

Jelavic - New ST

If the are looking for an extra £200,000 then I don't see us walking away yet. It's not as if they are looking for an awful lot more money but we should not be paying he extra money after they told us a price that they deemed acceptable.

Keep the same bid in and try and flog them one of our duds.

You been on holiday the past few weeks mate?

Quite a big deal being made in Hungarian and Belgian press about the 'promise made to Juhasz' ie - if bid amount comes in that he would be allowed to leave.

I can see this forcing Anderlechts hand - really bad press for them...would imagine it would put players off signing for them.

Bartley/Goian may well be good enough, but what do we do when either of them is injured. We only have a 41 year old and Broadfoot who we all know isn't good enough. We could play Bartley in the holding role, push Davis into a more attacking role and partner Goian with Juhasz then we wouldn't need a CM. Just a suggestion.

No Naismith :o

McGregor

Bartley

Davis

Jelavic - New ST

McGregor

Bartley

Davis

Jelavic - New ST

Davis isn't an attacking midfielder in a million years.

Its obvious he is not no idea why fans pedal the myth that he is.

(tu)

Said something similar the other day. He's a neat and tidy midfielder, who is at his best keeping things ticking over, while looking to probe oppositions from deeper.

McGregor

Bartley

Davis

Jelavic - New ST

I get your point but he's a 41 year old who has been absolutely superb for us for the last 4-5 years. Big Davie will still do us a job if he can stay fit

Chef likes this

No Naismith.

McGregor

Bartley

Davis

Jelavic - New ST