Roland Juhasz

Gaffbear

But do we have the money?

I was under the impression that we had 2 mill set aside for cuellar, you think that would be freed up to push this one through. We could be playing hardball again though, hoping that they'll accept the original offer. I wish we would stop pissing about though.

I was under the impression that we had 2 mill set aside for cuellar, you think that would be freed up to push this one through. We could be playing hardball again though, hoping that they'll accept the original offer. I wish we would stop pissing about though.

I was under the impression we had millions to spend, at least five with several more front ended if Ally needed it and need it he does.

(tu)

I was under the impression we had millions to spend, at least five with several more front ended if Ally needed it and need it he does.

(tu)

Well many posters on here were adamant that the fact we had bids in for Goodwillie, Juhasz and Cuellar proved we have plenty money to spend so I fully expect us now to move quickly and bring in alternatives to these players, which surely any sensible club with money to spend would have identified.

I'd hate to think the club had spent so much time chasing the likes of Cuellar that they've neglected to identify adequate 'plan B' players.

Well many posters on here were adamant that the fact we had bids in for Goodwillie, Juhasz and Cuellar proved we have plenty money to spend so I fully expect us now to move quickly and bring in alternatives to these players, which surely any sensible club with money to spend would have identified.

I'd hate to think the club had spent so much time chasing the likes of Cuellar that they've neglected to identify adequate 'plan B' players.

I was one mate. :blush: But withdrawing our interest in this class act because of 200k is worrying.

I agree also, i am fully expecting us to move quickly and spend that ten million odds we had in, in other bids on other players.

Cuellar should never have been plan A anyway given his injury situ.

Ally has had since last year to plan for this summer. :(

(tu)

Situation Juhasz remains unclear

The situation of Juhasz remains unclear. It looks like the Hungarian international will stay in Anderlecht until the end of the season. Though some sources write that the Scottish club will make one last attempt to land the player

Manager Van Holsbeeck declared that a transfer won't be for this summer. With Mazuch injured, Deschacht rehabilitating and Odoi suspended, the Mauves are not thick on defenders. The Rangers also didn't quite offer what Anderlecht requested.

According to reliable sources, there are also personal issues. Juhasz's wife prefers to stay in Belgium and is not keen on a move to Glasgow.

But money can change a lot. If the Rangers indeed make one final offer, Juhasz might leave Anderlecht after all.

The Cuellar and Juhasz deals now look to be dead in the water. Instead we'll now be getting Wilson on loan and maybe a out-of-contract RB. That'll be our defense for this season. (tu)

This demonstrates how shambolic our transfer dealings have been this summer

It's all beginning (or is that continuing?)to look a little ragged now. All of our prefered choices are gone and we're 'scrambling' around for 2nd best, low cost deals or loans.

Evidence?

I think it's pretty obvious. Before we went out to Malmo I was very confident of getting the Hungarian, ceuallr and DGW.

Now it's looking like we are in Plan B mode. I think McKay will be a good signing along with Gioan. Papac will squeeze Wallace out of position.

Sir Davie will walk back into the CB position at the expense of a better CB.

Jig will walk back into the CM at the expense of a better CM.

I know next to nothing about the Swedish boy and Oritz is pish, seen enough now.

2 or 3 quality singsings are required before the end of August, could you imagine if Jela get's injured? :disappointment:

I think it's pretty obvious. Before we went out to Malmo I was very confident of getting the Hungarian, ceuallr and DGW.

Now it's looking like we are in Plan B mode. I think McKay will be a good signing along with Gioan. Papac will squeeze Wallace out of position.

Sir Davie will walk back into the CB position at the expense of a better CB.

Jig will walk back into the CM at the expense of a better CM.

I know next to nothing about the Swedish boy and Oritz is pish, seen enough now.

2 or 3 quality singsings are required before the end of August, could you imagine if Jela get's injured? :disappointment:

I have not been confident of getting any of our targets all summer. None of them. But then, i am a pessimist.

Plan B, Plan A wasnt too clever if we had one. I rate Wallace better than Sasa, and have done even when he was at Hearts.

A team with Weir and McCulloch in it, screams out, skint, desperate and weak.

The Swedish boy is American and Ortiz is not pish, you have clearly not seen enough mate.

I think we need 4 of real quality. If Jelavic gets injured we wont get away with it like we did last year.

So much work to be done still for a manager who shold have been planning since last season for taking over.

(tu)

So much work to be done still for a manager who shold have been planning since last season for taking over.

McCoist's been planning for a long time now but what can he do if the money men don't back his judgement?

Oh how he would love to have Miller, Goodwillie, Juhasz and Cuellar there. Add those 4 to the many other good players we have such as McGregor, Wallace, Davis, Naisy and Jelavic..... we could have had a cracking team.

Sadly, it does look as though we've lost out on just about every major target.

There's still time for Whyte to put his money where his mouth is but it has to be said that so far this window has been a major disappointment.