Any NARSA Members?

Frankie

I'm sure there are a few on here so I was wondering what issues concern you Amercian/Canadian folks at the moment.

Obviously, you'll share the rest of the RSC world's concerns with regard to lack of on the field success and PR issues but is there anything specific to your part of the world that you'd like to see addressed, brought in, removed or simply discussed?

Please fell free to pm me if you'd prefer. Any info will be kept confidential.

*raises hand*

Main concerns for me are -

On the field performances (if we aren't successful, it is far more difficult to get a feeds of the games sent over)

Off the field PR / defence of the club by the Chairman. Its galling to see a shower of terrorist loving scum being thought of as whiter than white.

I'm sure there are a few on here so I was wondering what issues concern you Amercian/Canadian folks at the moment.

Obviously, you'll share the rest of the RSC world's concerns with regard to lack of on the field success and PR issues but is there anything specific to your part of the world that you'd like to see addressed, brought in, removed or simply discussed?

Our biggest concern at Edmonton loyal now-a-days is Setanta being the only option for our feed to the games.We really are second class citizens where they are concerned. (willy)

As an ex Calgary resident who was a regular at the RSC at the Drum and Monkey I can safely say that the coverage should be better, half time analysis and chat for starters. Celtic seem to get a better service over there so why can't gers fans get the same?

Hi wicker man.

Watched a couple of games there in late 2003 and although the pub/company was fine, the overall broadcast quality wasn't very good considering the early start.

What is this Arabian feed all about Frankie? and aren't Narsa bound to Setanta? :unsure:

Hi wicker man.

Watched a couple of games there in late 2003 and although the pub/company was fine, the overall broadcast quality wasn't very good considering the early start.

What is this Arabian feed all about Frankie? and aren't Narsa bound to Setanta? :unsure:

Pubs here can get Arabian channels which feed epl/spl etc games in. And I agree with your points there Frankie, good pub, good guys but poor quality pictures.

Hi wicker man.

Pubs here can get Arabian channels which feed epl/spl etc games in. And I agree with your points there Frankie, good pub, good guys but poor quality pictures.

Where are you now Wicker man? still in Canada? :unsure:

*raises hand*

Main concerns for me are -

On the field performances (if we aren't successful, it is far more difficult to get a feeds of the games sent over)

Off the field PR / defence of the club by the Chairman. Its galling to see a shower of terrorist loving scum being thought of as whiter than white.

(tu) Agree especially with the second points made here. The only stuff that ever seems to get into print about Rangers is that about the bigots and knuckledraggers that support the club. Well and truly fed up with that @**!% nonsense!! High time the positive points about are club and supporters were called loudly to the heavens so everyone can hear them. Note to chairman... ;)

Hi wicker man.

It's Al Jazeera I think, lots of pubs in Glasgow show games that aren't meant to be on the box.

It can be a bit tempting on a cold wet day, having the craic with your mates in the boozer, realising that the game at the 'Brox is going to be on live......

But we still go.

There's a fairly big (all things considered) Scottish contingent here around Orlando Florida, so I often wonder why Rangers and Celtic aren't marketed here more. Come the summer times there's a pretty big influx of Scots and English that come to Disney et al, and they are keen to wear their Scottish and English national tops, and when I see a rangers kit I always stop and say hi (just happened recently in a local department store in Clermont, Florida.)

So, marketing in the States is something I think is a untapped gold mine and I'm wondering really if that even occurred to Rangers?

We do (finally) have Setanta though it's available only in satellite packages, not on our local cable networks. Fox Soccer Channel is a very good source of news and matches, but they lost out to Setanta a few years ago. I used to watch the Rangers Matches reruns at 11pm saturday and sundays.

Our biggest concern at Edmonton loyal now-a-days is Setanta being the only option for our feed to the games.We really are second class citizens where they are concerned. (willy)

Frankie, Many RSC's as part of NARSA have contracts with them... In geneeral it sucks. Far too much money. My club is looking at just going with Rangers Live and not renewing with NARSA/Setanta.

I get Rangers Live on my laptop at home in Northern Virginia. I find that very convenien

DC Blue goes to the pub at Rosslyn VA which is not that far from me, but the convenience of watching at home is nice and less expensive.

I get Rangers Live on my laptop at home in Northern Virginia. I find that very convenien

DC Blue goes to the pub at Rosslyn VA which is not that far from me, but the convenience of watching at home is nice and less expensive.

Yeah, my main complaint is the quality or lack of of the Gers live game feeds from the websites. Why is it that last Sunday I could watch Live Ice Hockey, Baseball and Cricket all at the same time on my pc but Rangers stream stops and starts like a..a..a Stop Starty thing!

That, and I would like to see the club play more out here. Obviously May 23rd is on now it seems but a tour of the states every, 4 years or so, just playing maybe 3 or 4 friendlies in the different regions so that all of us Bears out here can go and watch.

This year on the whole the feeds have been OK although expensive through NARSA/SETANTA, (most clubs have to charge $10/$15 per person to make ends meet). It is still better to be in the company of other bears watching the games than watching on your own on your computer IMHO even though it's a 60 mile round trip to watch the games on TV for me. It does worry me that SATAN TV are making a killing as I am led to believe RFC get little out of the money that NARSA pay for the feeds.

At one of the previous conventions, I can't remember if it was Bramlea or Houston, Rangers brought a limited amount of merchandise with them but most people have to get stuff sent by family members or go daft any time they do get across to a game in the shop. It might be an idea for NARSA/RFC to issue catalogues to all affiliated clubs with a full range of merchandise. I realize that this can be done over the web but not everyone uses the web. Most clubs sell their own club shirts but few sell official gear.

The fact that RFC do little to defend themselves is indeed a big worry. I for one will join the RST at this years convention and know of a few others who are planning to do the same. However pressure from NARSA should also be put on SDM and Bain to defend our club.

I have family in Canada,Calgary and Vancouver,and for years Rangers toured Canada and parts of the States but that has gone now.

We have a huge fan base in North America and we should tap into that market as "soccer" as far as i heard is booming in America.

Plus it gives ex pats and their families a chance to see the Bears in the flesh.

Hi wicker man.

Where are you now Wicker man? still in Canada? :unsure:

Sadly not, Calgary's loss was Glasgows gain.

Hi Nvager,Rangers Live(it is live eh?) could be transfered from your computer on to a big screen,TV,etc.? :unsure: and how much does it cost?do you pay game by game?do you order it thru Rangers World?So many questions,but I'm sure you will answer them. (tu)