Little did we think, in those far-off days,

*Manticore*

Did anybody spot the deliberate mistake?

I think the Willie referred to was in fact Willie McBeath and not one William McNeil.

Most historical records attribute the 4 principal founders as Moses & Peter McNeil, Peter Campbell and Willie McBeath....although his brother William did play for Rangers.

Did anybody spot the deliberate mistake?

I think the Willie referred to was in fact Willie McBeath and not one William McNeil.

Most historical records attribute the 4 principal founders as Moses & Peter McNeil, Peter Campbell and Willie McBeath....although his brother William did play for Rangers.

Naw it was saying 1873 instead of 1872, but he was an old guy looking back 60 years or so.

somehow I missed this, apologies. It makes you think alright, how the club started and the obvious enthusiasm these men had. These men were fighters/doers, not the sort to give up. That shines through. We owe these men thanks for creating an institution worthy of world fame.

somehow I missed this, apologies. It makes you think alright, how the club started and the obvious enthusiasm these men had. These men were fighters/doers, not the sort to give up. That shines through. We owe these men thanks for creating an institution worthy of world fame.

I've said it time and time again.

There is no greater 'rags to riches' story in world sport than RFC.

The most successful Football Club ever was founded by a bunch of guys who just wanted to play this new game.

They didn't play for a few months because they couldn't afford a ball......

I've said it time and time again.

There is no greater 'rags to riches' story in world sport than RFC.

The most successful Football Club ever was founded by a bunch of guys who just wanted to play this new game.

They didn't play for a few months because they couldn't afford a ball......

well said DS, these men had drive and when obviously up against it, in terms of funding, even to get a ball, they kept going and never gave up. Rangers might have sunk in those early days very easily, but these men ensured the birth and continuing growth of what is Rangers Football Club today. We all owe them a debt we can never repay, only our loyal support will go some way towards it.