UEFA Probe

Rangers will find out next week if they have to attend a disciplinary hearing, if they do it will be on the 3rd May. I personaly think it will be a disgrace if they have to, especially with the way Spurs fans were treated by Spanish police and Utd fans by Italian police. Osasuna should be the ones reprimanded for allowing home tickets to be sold to Rangers fans who shouldn't have been there, allowing them in the ground and the lack of segragation.

Rangers await news of Uefa probe

Rangers will learn early next week whether they will face a disciplinary hearing over the behaviour of their fans in Pamplona.

A spokesperson for European football's governing body said that events during last month's Uefa Cup tie against Osasuna are still being investigated.

Rangers fans clashed with Spanish police, while there were also allegations of sectarian singing.

If the Glasgow club are to face a Uefa hearing, it will be held on 3 May.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/6564745.stm

If we get done for Sectarian singing, fair enough, but if we get done for "clashing" with the Scum it's a disgrace, let's see if Man Utd and Spurs get done aswell.

I hope Rangers challenge the 'evidence'.

I think it was made with £30 software.

We would have to have a chairman who will stand up and be counted first.

Irrelevant - the video of the singing was genuine.

I think it is relevant. The whole thing was suspicious.

Simply the best being played though our oppositions PA and turned down at (in)convenient moments.

A so called Rangers fan just happens to record this and post it on the web.

The Scottish Excecutive supressing reports that Strathclyde police are making the situation worse.

Failure of police forces nationwide to charge perpetrators for sectarian crime despite the law stating that they be fined.

It's quite obvious that there's alot going on behind the scenes and it's time we started open our eyes to these threats instead of just watching each other.

That's for our accusers to prove, not for us to concede.

disagree. Anyone who was there knows the singing took place. We should not deny it, nor revel in it.

We should hold our hands up and then ask the relevant questions about the more important issues.

disagree. Anyone who was there knows the singing took place. We should not deny it, nor revel in it.

We should hold our hands up and then ask the relevant questions about the more important issues.

tell them to prove it,and what about the innocent fans who were battered uefa are just a joke.

The big question is why are the only ones being punished the innocent ones like the club and the fans. As I've always tried to point out laws were already in existence to deal with sectarian crime even before the Villareal flashpoint.

As i've also tried to explain the police are under political instruction not to charge and fine people at football matches because the vast number of people charged would show up on annual crime rates showing an increase in sectarianism.

Thats why the Scottish excecutive got involved with the new domestic regulations for point docking next season - if a club gets punished by the SFA then that doesnt show up on the annual crime figures.

In case you arent convinced then consider that a university studying the sectarian problem had a report claiming that Strathclyde police are worsening the problem supressed by none other than... you guessed it - the Scottish Excecutive.

The stroke of genius is that our enemys have us bickering amongst ourselves instead of discussing how to aproach the real threat.

Guest orangpendek

this idea that we're bickering amongst ourselves instead of fighting a common enemy i don't get. this is a rangers forum right? where we can talk with rangers fans and no-one else? where better to discuss these things and get our perspective together, even if it means disagreeing with some others. it's not a sign of weakness to have debate.

tell them to prove it,and what about the innocent fans who were battered uefa are just a joke.

The innocent fans are the very reason we should admit it.

1. Yes, we are guilty of singing stuff 30 minutes after the game ended, with no-one in the round but us, and when we were 'prompted' by a tune played on the PA -guilty as charged your honour.

NOW

Please identify any inappropriate singing 'during or before' the game.

NOW

Explain why in the absence of any provocation the police battered our fans.

NOW

Explain why there was inadequate segregation

NOW

Explain whose idea it was to play Simply the Best when they did .

Plead guilty to the misdemeanour, ACCUSE them of the real crime.

1. Yes, we are guilty of singing stuff 30 minutes after the game ended, with no-one in the round but us, and when we were 'prompted' by a tune played on the PA -guilty as charged your honour.

NOW

NOW

NOW

NOW

great answer. (tu)

NOW

NOW

NOW

NOW

Plead guilty to the misdemeanour, ACCUSE them of the real crime.

Good points alba.

I had left the ground earlier to avoid the truncheons (running from bulls in Pamplona is bad enough), but I still think we should make our accusers establish a case.

We could be facing a ban and I don't think we deserve that.

If it looks like UEFA are going to hammer us then perhaps we should threaten to throw the game in Europe into turmoil by taking them to court. I can't believe it's legal in the EU for clubs to be held responsible for the behaviour of people who may not even be their supporters.

Also I can't help feeling that if they are going to hit us hard they will leave it till after the UEFA Cup final ... that way there is a good chance we will be on our best behaviour for the big night rather than severely pissed.