***The Official St. Johnstone vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: Goian Wallace

:ortiz: :davis: :hutton: :Naismith:

:fleck:

:jelavic:

Can't believe we have 2 must win games at the end of July and the first week of August. :(

Hopefully Goodwillie may be in by this time then we can go with 2 up top but I seriously have my doubts about that.

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :papac: :Wallace:

:ortiz: :davis: :fleck: :Naismith:

:Hemmings: :jelavic:

McGregor- thats a given

Whittaker- :anguish: It's him or broadfoot

Bougherra- We have no-one else

Papac- Capable

Wallace- Best outfield player last night

Ortiz- HE IS A RM

Davis- needs to play central

Fleck- there is a good CM in there, under davis' guidance he could be a good wee player.

Naismith- back to the midfield, if its not working for him, rotate him and ortiz regularly to keep the defence guessing

Hemmings- Deserves his chance if guys like Edu, McCulloch and Broadfoot get a game :anguish:

Jelavic- Feed the Jela he will score!

I'd go with the for the same reasons, we need to play Ortiz and Davis in their natural positions and Naisy done well in midfield last season so why change it? I also like the prospect of Hemmings and want to see him given a chance but I think I'd swap Fleck out for Hutton or Ness if he isn't injured.

I'd go with the for the same reasons, we need to play Ortiz and Davis in their natural positions and Naisy done well in midfield last season so why change it? I also like the prospect of Hemmings and want to see him given a chance but I think I'd swap Fleck out for Hutton or Ness if he isn't injured.

I considered putting hutton in instead as he is a holding midfielder, i just feel that if fleck gets a run of 10 games or so culminating with a good performance against the scum he could be on his way to being a first team starter. Always thought that he plays his best at cm. Would be good to give him/ness/hutton a place in the starting 11 for a while. I can't bare edu and mcculloch anymore.

This is going to be a major test of our mentality.Most SPL teams will have looked at our results and thought they have a real chance if they can get the 1st goal and sit in.We seem to be short on confidence and form and we are being criticised by our own support.We need a big performance and I am not sure we can provide it.

Is that a prediction or do you just want us to play the same team that's been horrific in our first 2 games?

not a prediction m8 that will be the team unless some1 comes in with goian on the bench even it wouldnae be my team a would rather play wylde instead of ortiz but am not the manager super ally is

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Goian Wallace

Ortiz Davis Edu Wylde

Naismith Jelavic

Could be Papac at CB if Goian doesnt get clearance and would maybe go with Hemmings up front instead of Naismith with Naisy moving to the right instead of Ortiz

wtf man wits the point in sayin that no backing your team just a simple question u a season ticket holder?

No. Live too far away to be a ST holder but get over to about 5-10 games a season.

I'm saying it because I don't believe we will go to St Johnstone and turn them over. After seeing our last 2 games, the lack of quality, the lack of creativity, lack of width and poor defence I think we will struggle big time.

No point saying we are going to win 5-0 when realistically that won't happen.