***The Official St. Johnstone vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Goian Wallace

Naismith Hutton Davis Wylde

Jelavic Hemmings

I'm a bit dubious about Wallace & Wylde together, possibility they'll just end up getting in each others way but I'd still give it a go.

Hutton - good enough for Man Utd in the CL, should be able to handle a simple SPL game surely!

Hemmings - Jelavic needs to play with a striker who has pace and runs in behind, the only available option imo.

You don't think the team that just won 3 in a row is capable of beating St.Johnstone 4-0? Don't think i'm the deluded one here.

You can't ignore the way that Rangers have been playing.

If Rangers are to win this one, it'll take a huge improvement in performance or it'll be a scrappy 1-0.

You can't ignore the way that Rangers have been playing.

If Rangers are to win this one, it'll take a huge improvement in performance or it'll be a scrappy 1-0.

I'm not denying we've been poor, but I know the champions are capable of taking it up a level in this game.

I'm not denying we've been poor, but I know the champions are capable of taking it up a level in this game.

I agree, this squad of players is capable of playing far better and should be beating St. Johnstone, but with Edu and McCulloch in the middle of the park together we don't stand much of a chance.

This squad can beat St. Johnstone, but it can't win the league. We need Goodwillie, Cuellar, Juhasz, Verhoek and a new central-midfielder in.

You don't think the team that just won 3 in a row is capable of beating St.Johnstone 4-0? Don't think i'm the deluded one here.

Course they are. BUT the team that just drew with hearts and lost to malmo aren't capable of winning 4-0.

I agree, this squad of players is capable of playing far better and should be beating St. Johnstone, but with Edu and McCulloch in the middle of the park together we don't stand much of a chance.

This squad can beat St. Johnstone, but it can't win the league. We need Goodwillie, Cuellar, Juhasz, Verhoek and a new central-midfielder in.

We definitely need new faces in, that's for sure! I don't understand the team Ally is picking atm, why play Ortiz on the left when he clearly can't play there? Why play Edu and McCulloch? Why play our best midfielder out of position? Why play Whittaker? But it's going to take time to get the team settled so we'll just eed to wait and see.

A creative midfielder should be top of Ally's priority list IMO.

As much as I tell myself things can only get better, it just feels like if a season starts off this badly can it really pick up as urgently as it needs to?

Time will tell. I hope I'm wrong.

Fuckin dreading this game BUT this is the kind of game we will end up scoring 3 0r 4 when everyone is dreading it.

Would like to see

Shagger

Whittaker

Boughy

Goian (would love to see boughy try and argue with goian if goian doesnt think hes pulling his weight)

Wallace (best player last night. Papac really shouldnt get a look in from now on if he keeps it up)

Naismith

Davis

Hutton (Maybe Davidson ) ;)

Wylde

Jelavic

Hemmings (lets see what this guy can do. Cant do any worse that anyone in the last 2 games)

The saddest thing about it is if he doesnt change anything it just shows you he isnt his own man. Just copying walter smith and is afraid to change.

Pathetic really.

The saddest thing about it is if he doesnt change anything it just shows you he isnt his own man. Just copying walter smith and is afraid to change.

Pathetic really.

That has to be the biggest worry about Ally. More of the same instead of doing his own thing.Under Walter I always felt our approach was to be cautious of what the opposition can do leading to a negative approach.We seriously need a completely different approach and if we havent got the Players who can do that then lets get them.

This game will let us see what Allys made off, coming off the back off Malmo game Allys got chance to put it right and we will see if he makes changes to team and tactics etc. He needs to get it right and get a result for a boost going into 2nd leg against Malmo these are Massive 2 games which will make or break Allys job as Rangers Manager.