Juanma Ortiz

Raligt

Centre mid partnership with Davis?

Has most qualities (from what I've seen) to be a good centre midfielder apart from he doesn't have a left foot.

I'd like to try this against St Johnstone

:wylde: :ortiz: :davis: :Naismith:

Pretty strong midfield and would be good going forward aswell IMO.

What do you think? Anything better than Edu and Jig in there.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually agree with that, id rather he played at right mid, but thats not going to happen. He doesnt struggle on the ball and is rarely caught in possession compared to edu and mcculloch. Also he faces away from our goal which is nice. (tu)

Might be worth a try. He is never ever a left mid/ winger,never. He had a few opportunities to hit the byline or get an early cross in but nearly every time he shifted back to his right foot. I'm not having a go at him. Its not his fault he was told to play there and its not his fault that he's right footed.

Last night, with 15 minutes to go, Wylde should have come on for Edu or Jig and Ortiz should have moved to right wing. Why it didn't happen only AM knows.

3010mcgregor.png

3160whittaker.png3240bougherra.png3050papac.pngWallace

3410hutton.jpg

3140naismith.png3080davis.pngortiz.png

3180jelavic.pngHemmings

Wallace and Whittaker playing the overlaps and providing width. Hutton getting stuck in midfield and allowing the other three to use there movement to create something. Don't think it would happen but we have to drop a DM it is destroying the flow of our play!

3010mcgregor.png

3160whittaker.png3240bougherra.png3050papac.pngWallace

3410hutton.jpg

3140naismith.png3080davis.pngortiz.png

3180jelavic.pngHemmings

Wallace and Whittaker playing the overlaps and providing width. Hutton getting stuck in midfield and allowing the other three to use there movement to create something. Don't think it would happen but we have to drop a DM it is destroying the flow of our play!

Yeah I'd like to see that team.

Unfortunately I can see Edu and Jig still starting this weekend :anguish:

Not for me, I think that midfield would horribly unbalanced.

McCulloch & Edu are both poor, but we still need to maintain some sort of balance.

Naismith edu davis Wylde

Healy Jelavic

What balance would Edu bring ? for a defensive midfielder he was posted missing an awful lot on the defending side of the game last night ...

What balance would Edu bring ? for a defensive midfielder he was posted missing an awful lot on the defending side of the game last night ...

He's actually/apparently *delete as appropriate* a centre midfielder.

Ortiz got bullied out of his first game by a kid with about five first team games under his belt and people want to to throw him in to an alien position against two hatchet men like Morris & Davidson.

And Naismith isn't a centre midfielder either. He's at his best on the right. Time to get him back out there.

People moan about players being out of position and there suggestion to fix it is to, yes, play more players out of position.

We need to sign somebody to play there but until then Edu is the lesser of two evils.

He's actually/apparently *delete as appropriate* a centre midfielder.

Ortiz got bullied out of his first game by a kid with about five first team games under his belt and people want to to throw him in to an alien position against two hatchet men like Morris & Davidson.

And Naismith isn't a centre midfielder either. He's at his best on the right. Time to get him back out there.

People moan about players being out of position and there suggestion to fix it is to, yes, play more players out of position.

We need to sign somebody to play there but until then Edu is the lesser of two evils.

Don't get me wrong i think the people on here need to get a grip , ortiz and naismith are never centre midfielders i agree with that part , it was the balance part of your post with Edu , he offers no balance imo as his positional sense is non existant and tbh i think we would do better with Hutton in there (don't even rate him that highly either tbh) but he HAS to be better than what i have seen from Mo and Jig tbh

I have only seen him play twice but my early impression is that he is a one footed,even less direct De Marcus Beasley without the pace.He certainly looks too lightweight for spl football and on the showing last night for european games or maybe he is just not very good?

Two best chances last night were from Ortiz linking up with Wallace. Ortiz was looking for the ball all game. Moving off the ball. Shouting for the ball. He will make a difference once he is up to speed. Wallace was calm and pretty good. Shagger obviously the only world class player on the pitch.

I actually agree with that, id rather he played at right mid, but thats not going to happen. He doesnt struggle on the ball and is rarely caught in possession compared to edu and mcculloch. Also he faces away from our goal which is nice. (tu)

That's dangerous thinking there mate...

I have only seen him play twice but my early impression is that he is a one footed,even less direct De Marcus Beasley without the pace.He certainly looks too lightweight for spl football and on the showing last night for european games or maybe he is just not very good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39pgkaKOPwI&feature=related

reevaluation?

Lets say Hemmings (tu)

agreed. i think hemmings and jela would tear malmo apart with this midfield:

:Naismith: :davis: :ness: :ortiz:

ally is being slagged for playing ortiz on the left. and normally i'm usually on the same bandwagon when it comes to playing players out of position.

but in this case i think it is a brilliant tactic by ally.

the sensational goal ortiz scored coming in from the left in this thread clearly shows his ability on that side. but with an overlapping attacking back like wallace, ortiz cutting inside opens up the a lane - it's a nightmare for the back. coz if he follows ortiz, then wallace is unchallenged down the left, and, if he doesn't follow ortiz then he is free in the channel for a shot.

because of the ability of naisy and ortiz to play well on either side. i would have them intermittently switch sides during games - it would disrupt defenses.

one of the few bright spots for me in the malmo game was the interplay between wallace and ortiz.

Bert Konterman scored a 30 yard screamer against the scum. Doesn't change the fact that he was shite. I'm not saying that Ortiz is shite, although his performances have been rather lacklustre so far, but you can't judge a player on the fact that in the past he once scored an amazing goal.

Incredible that some of our fans think he is one footed....

Against Hearts he rarely cut in and tried to get up the line and cross it with his left and he is right footed.

One of his key attributes is that he is two footed and is technically very good, seems to have good pace aswell but because one of the fastest full backs in the SPL beats him for pace he has no pace....

Give him time, he was good in the second half against Hearts and he looked decent against Malmo.