Juanma Ortiz

Raligt

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bert Konterman scored a 30 yard screamer against the scum. Doesn't change the fact that he was shite. I'm not saying that Ortiz is shite, although his performances have been rather lacklustre so far, but you can't judge a player on the fact that in the past he once scored an amazing goal.

ortiz's amazing goal in the vid clearly contradicts those who are saying that he can't play on the left side. that was its purpose.

it was not meant, as you have implied - to representsis ortiz's career as a football player - this is readily available on the net, and from everything i've read, he's far from shite.

i also disagree with your opinion that he has been lacklustre for rangers. for me he has been one of the few bright spots, particularly in consideration of the fact that he been in the team for five minutes, and that it is very early in a season that preempted normal training time for high fitness levels.

your criticism, therefore, in the circumstances, is imo, to say the least, fuckin excessive.

ortiz's amazing goal in the vid clearly contradicts those who are saying that he can't play on the left side. that was its purpose.

it was not meant, as you have implied - to representsis ortiz's career as a football player - this is readily available on the net, and from everything i've read, he's far from shite.

i also disagree with your opinion that he has been lacklustre for rangers. for me he has been one of the few bright spots, particularly in consideration of the fact that he been in the team for five minutes, and that it is very early in a season that preempted normal training time for high fitness levels.

your criticism, therefore, in the circumstances, is imo, to say the least, fuckin excessive.

I wouldn't exactly say describing a player as being lacklustre so far as being "fuckin excessive"

As i intimated before, just because he produced a bit of magic once from the left wing, doesn't mean he is a competent left winger. You can hardly expect him to cut inside from the left wing and bang one in the top corner on a regular basis. He has shown in the last 2 games that his lack of confidence in his left foot hinders his ability to go down the outside of the right back and whip in a cross. it's not helping him in any way either, that he's just arrived in new country where he doesn't speak the same language as his team mates and has been asked to play in a position where he is not 100% comfortable. I feel if we are to get the best out of him he should be played on the right hand side but i really cant see him playing there ahead of Naisy once we're back to our full strength team.

Centre midfield could be a shout but he looks like he would get blown off the ball!

according to his former manager it will take three players to replace him.

what this means, and we are giving you the benefit of mathematical skills that you may or may not possess, that if he is indeed blown off the ball as you suggest, then there's still fuckin two of him!

according to his former manager it will take three players to replace him.

what this means, and we are giving you the benefit of mathematical skills that you may or may not possess, that if he is indeed blown off the ball as you suggest, then there's still fuckin two of him!

:lol:

Good point! I'm surprised this triple threat hasn't been picked up by any referee!

He has shown in the last 2 games that his lack of confidence in his left foot hinders his ability to go down the outside of the right back and whip in a cross.... I feel if we are to get the best out of him he should be played on the right hand side but i really cant see him playing there ahead of Naisy once we're back to our full strength team.

he comes with a reputation of having a competent left foot - that's why professional managers have played him on both sides. he also comes with a reputation of having pace. if both of these are true then fitness level becomes the main issue at this time in the season - not inability.

with an aggressive overlapping attacking back like wallace, ortiz cutting inside opens up the left side for him - it's a nightmare for the back. coz if he follows ortiz, then wallace is unchallenged down the left, and, if he doesn't follow, ortiz is then free in the channel.

i believe this is ally's tactical strategy and for my money - a good one.

because of the ability of naisy and ortiz to play well on either side. i would have them intermittently switch sides during games, causing havoc for defenders who are forced to constantly adapt to a different style of player.

he comes with a reputation of having a competent left foot - that's why professional managers have played him on both sides. he also comes with a reputation of having pace. if both of these are true then fitness level becomes the main issue at this time in the season - not inability.

with an aggressive overlapping attacking back like wallace, ortiz cutting inside opens up the left side for him - it's a nightmare for the back. coz if he follows ortiz, then wallace is unchallenged down the left, and, if he doesn't follow, ortiz is then free in the channel.

i believe this is ally's tactical strategy and for my money - a good one.

because of the ability of naisy and ortiz to play well on either side. i would have them intermittently switch sides during games, causing havoc for defenders who are forced to constantly adapt to a different style of player.

Personally I don't believe everything I read/hear. From What i have seen he most certainly has not got pace, he works very hard but he is not blessed with great pace. He spent the vast majority of last weekend in Ryan McGowan's back pocket, it was only when Wylde came on (a player with genuine pace and a left peg) that he struggled. As for his left foot, if it is "competent" he sure as hell hasn't been showing/using it very often.

He's actually/apparently *delete as appropriate* a centre midfielder.

Ortiz got bullied out of his first game by a kid with about five first team games under his belt and people want to to throw him in to an alien position against two hatchet men like Morris & Davidson.

And Naismith isn't a centre midfielder either. He's at his best on the right. Time to get him back out there.

People moan about players being out of position and there suggestion to fix it is to, yes, play more players out of position.

We need to sign somebody to play there but until then Edu is the lesser of two evils.

Box to box for me. Just hasn't showed it recently.

I remember Walter backing him to score 10 goals (or somewhere near that figure) last season. He got 5, so he wasn't far off.

Personally I don't believe everything I read/hear. From What i have seen he most certainly has not got pace, he works very hard but he is not blessed with great pace. He spent the vast majority of last weekend in Ryan McGowan's back pocket, it was only when Wylde came on (a player with genuine pace and a left peg) that he struggled. As for his left foot, if it is "competent" he sure as hell hasn't been showing/using it very often.

after reading your post i would be inclined to agree that it is certainly inadvisable to believe everything one reads.

the many opinions on the net on ortiz's ability and career are much more viable than an opinion based on two fucking games, and the shortest pre season for training in history.

your critical inference in these circumstances is imo, as previously stated, fuckin excessive! don't you think that it might be more prudent and fairer to judge this rangers player's ability and contribution over a longer period of observation.

take a look at history and see how long it took legends like mccoist and hately to play well for rangers - fuckin months!

Ortiz needs to be played on the right hand side of midfield for me. Cant understand why McCoist played him out of position so early into his Rangers career. Why not play him on the right with Wylde down the left hand side. Ortiz seems to struggle to get past a full back when out on the left as he needs to cut back inside onto his right foot. He does look a good player and has a really good work rate about his game, lets see him played in his best position!!

agreed. i think hemmings and jela would tear malmo apart with this midfield:

:Naismith: :davis: :ness: :ortiz:

ally is being slagged for playing ortiz on the left. and normally i'm usually on the same bandwagon when it comes to playing players out of position.

but in this case i think it is a brilliant tactic by ally.

the sensational goal ortiz scored coming in from the left in this thread clearly shows his ability on that side. but with an overlapping attacking back like wallace, ortiz cutting inside opens up the a lane - it's a nightmare for the back. coz if he follows ortiz, then wallace is unchallenged down the left, and, if he doesn't follow ortiz then he is free in the channel for a shot.

because of the ability of naisy and ortiz to play well on either side. i would have them intermittently switch sides during games - it would disrupt defenses.

one of the few bright spots for me in the malmo game was the interplay between wallace and ortiz.

Good point. Hadn't thought of that. I too thought Wallace adds a completely new dimension to our attacking play.

I think that he would be far more effective if he was played in his natural position. He has shown that hes got a good work rate, isnt afraid to get stuck in and from what I have seen so far hes got a great touch. The only thing thats missing is his delivery into the box, if he gets played on the right of midfield there will probably be an improvement to the part of his game thats been missing so far.

after reading your post i would be inclined to agree that it is certainly inadvisable to believe everything one reads.

the many opinions on the net on ortiz's ability and career are much more viable than an opinion based on two fucking games, and the shortest pre season for training in history.

your critical inference in these circumstances is imo, as previously stated, fuckin excessive! don't you think that it might be more prudent and fairer to judge this rangers player's ability and contribution over a longer period of observation.

take a look at history and see how long it took legends like mccoist and hately to play well for rangers - fuckin months!

Im sorry but if you can't see from "two fucking games" that he isn't blessed with great pace then I think you should go get your eyes checked. He primarily beats players with his skill rather than his "pace". If you maybe just read a few other posts from this thread you might notice im not the only one who thinks he should be played on the right in his natural position.