David Odonkor

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That has got to be the worst highlights reel I've ever seen in my entire life. 8 minutes of him running really fast and losing posession and 2 minutes showing a couple of goals and assists.

Id take him on a pay as you play deal. Lets remember, its the SPL where he will be playing. Not La Liga or the Bundesliga.

I 'think' he would do well, but i suppose we will have to wait and see.

Odonkor ,Winger on trial , thoughts

RANGERS have taken German World Cup star David Odonkor on trial after his contract with Spanish giants Real Betis came to an end.

The 27-year-old, who first came to prominence as a teenager at Borussia Dortmund, flew into Glasgow yesterday and will spend the next few days working at Murray Park.

0,,5%7E9837897,00.jpgHe is a free agent after having an awful time with a series of knee injuries but is finally fit again and is hopeful of winning a deal with the SPL champions.

Odonkor, a right winger, is known for his electric pace and he lit up the Bundesliga when he broke into Dortmund's team at the age of 18.

His stunning form led to a €6 million transfer to Betis in 2006 and that same year he broke into Germany's team just in time for the World Cup finals.

Odonkor made his debut in one of his country's warm-up matches with Japan and went on to make four substitute appearances for the host nation at the main tournament.

His finest moment came in a group game with Poland, when his assist in stoppage time allowed Oliver Neuville to score the decisive goal in a 1-0 crucial win.

Since then, Odonkor's career has stalled somewhat and those knee problems have limited how much he has been able to play in recent seasons.

Even then, he still made the German squad for Euro 2008 and made one appearance as a replacement against Croatia.

With 16 caps, one international goal and a wealth of experience behind him, he has clear pedigree and manager Ally McCoist will be looking for him to impress.

Gers have already made three signings this summer in the shape of Juan Manuel Ortiz, Lee Wallace and Dorin Goian, with Alejandro Bedoya also penning a pre-contract.