Mo Edu

Shuggy07

To the OP, he was signed as a midfielder and played a few games at centre back but he is not a defender. Edu was and has been far better than McCulloch so far this season but that seems to be ignored by most on here.

Edu had a decent game today, not a natural role for him but he was always looking for the ball.

Could you remind me of one of the decent things he done today??

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he had a good game today, made a few mistakes but nothing that cost us. McCulloch was miles worse.

I would happily have and Edu + Davis midfield.

I criticised him a lot last season but he honestly looks like he has turned it around, he will continue to improve as he gains confidence.

I've never been so much in disagreement with some bears as I am on this topic.

Personally I think Edu is the weakest player in our first team and completely deserving of being benched. For those who think he has displayed any talent whatsoever in the past three games I just cannot see it. I made a point of focusing on his play today and actually took a note of the occassions he made grievous erros. I made it between 6 and 8 depending on how bad you rated the incident.

That means every 12-15 minutes he is gifting possession to the opposition. I doubt even an average acquisition like Eremenko or Davidson would be quite so bad.

I hate to say it but I struggle to recall a player I wanted shot of more than him. I am trying to be as level headed as possible on this but it's just the way I see it. He HAS played well in the past, but even at the end of last season when some were saying he came on to a game I thought he was shaky and a liability.

All that considered though, if Ally does continue to play him I'll do my best to back him and continue to hope he'll improve as a player.

I thought he had a good game today, made a few mistakes but nothing that cost us. McCulloch was miles worse.

I criticised him a lot last season but he honestly looks like he has turned it around, he will continue to improve as he gains confidence.

There is mo way you will ever convince me u know a single thing about football.

Seriously? Or are you joshing?

A few people have commented on my post regarding Edu. I don't see how anyone can say that he has been worse than McCulloch, at least he has put himself about and looked for the ball.

McCulloch has been non existent so far this season and has been happy to sit back and do nothing other than try to pick up his weekly yellow card. I felt as though we missed him at times towards the end of last season but I've been very disappointed by him so far.

Edu has shown over the last few seasons that he has something about him. He has the energy to get about the pitch which can allow Davis to get on with his role. He is short on confidence but I think he can get there with a steady partnership with Davis in the middle of the park.

Don't blame Edu for being played as a winger today, blame McCoist who should know far better than to play him there.

A few people have commented on my post regarding Edu. I don't see how anyone can say that he has been worse than McCulloch, at least he has put himself about and looked for the ball.

McCulloch has been non existent so far this season and has been happy to sit back and do nothing other than try to pick up his weekly yellow card. I felt as though we missed him at times towards the end of last season but I've been very disappointed by him so far.

Edu has shown over the last few seasons that he has something about him. He has the energy to get about the pitch which can allow Davis to get on with his role. He is short on confidence but I think he can get there with a steady partnership with Davis in the middle of the park.

Don't blame Edu for being played as a winger today, blame McCoist who should know far better than to play him there.

He wasn't played as a winger, FFS. He was played on the right side of midfield.

His ball control is suspect and his attempts to get past opposition players are a joke. He is a central midfielder with no other skills than being able to close down opponents or sometimes follow up on attacking play where he sometimes gets in to a position to score.

Average player in my opinion. Should be behind Hutton and Ness for a start.

He wasn't played as a winger, FFS. He was played on the right side of midfield.

His ball control is suspect and his attempts to get past opposition players are a joke. He is a central midfielder with no other skills than being able to close down opponents or sometimes follow up on attacking play where he sometimes gets in to a position to score.

Average player in my opinion. Should be behind Hutton and Ness for a start.

His role might not have been as an out and out winger but he was expected to get up the wing which he did during the game. It was ridiculous to put him in that role in the first place.

Edu has played his best football for us when he got a run in the team in a 442 next to Davis, playing McCulloch behind/beside him stops him from being able to play his game.

Id be happy for Ness or Hutton to get a game as I rate both of them but Edu still has something to offer but we will only see that if he is given the chance to play in his proper role.

hate to see Mo failing so bad...I am one for booing my own teams players but couldn’t boo mo, it would be like heckling bambi, he tries he’s best, comes across as quite a decent intelligent guy but unfortunately he is absolutely wretched when it comes to football!

Spent all yesterday morning defending Ally(I play golf with someone from the dark side!).Returned home to watch the match and found McC and Edu in centre mid with Papac on the left.(What must Ortiz be thinking?He's not pulled up any trees but,to be replaced,in your natural position by Sasa fuckin Papac!!!)All very hard to defend,Ally.And,while Im ranting,why is it we cant find the extra readies to bring Cuellar and Goodwillie here but we up the ante whilst chasing that talentless twat Whittaker? I was so looking forward to Super taking over but,with the negativity being displayed on the sidelines,its like nothing has changed for the good.

Spent all yesterday morning defending Ally(I play golf with someone from the dark side!).Returned home to watch the match and found McC and Edu in centre mid with Papac on the left.(What must Ortiz be thinking?He's not pulled up any trees but,to be replaced,in your natural position by Sasa fuckin Papac!!!)All very hard to defend,Ally.And,while Im ranting,why is it we cant find the extra readies to bring Cuellar and Goodwillie here but we up the ante whilst chasing that talentless twat Whittaker? I was so looking forward to Super taking over but,with the negativity being displayed on the sidelines,its like nothing has changed for the good.

I know I know, all I can imagine is that Ally is saving Ortiz for Malmo, will ease him in to the Scottish game.

Sasa... well I cannot imagine. Forcing Wallace into LB to justify the high transfer. Why not put Papac LB and move Wallace forward instead? Mind you Wallace justified his place.

As for spending I guess that is a long game. I'd rather we find a player to fit in beside Davis and find someone more interested than Boughie to fit in beside Goian.

Fucking bullshit.

What an all-round terrible post.

He was always available for a pass but his touch let him down.

The guy is a player but is lacking confidence - no fuckin wonder the way our so-called support gets on his back all the time.

When you'v got a player on the park that doesn't even seem interested or seem like improving, I think the fans have got every right to be unleashing their frustration.