Some words I can quote from SDM's letter..

Boab

''The immediate priority however, is bolstering the first squad and I am committed to backing Walter to ensure the success that Rangers rightly expect. This will enable him to mount a serious challenge for the title next season, and to secure Champions League participation on a regular basis. In order to achieve these objectives we will need to strengthen the squad, but it is vitally important that we continue to operate within our financial means, which in an increasingly competitive market will require prudent management. Walter has also made it clear that players, both mew and existing, will have to earn their place in the Rangers first team squad. ''

Last Paragraph, ''I am as determined as ever to ensure success and I am confident that next season we will fight to regain the domestic title and make our in Europe.''

Then the ever popular ''Thank for your continued and loyal support for the club''.

Over to you for comments and assessment....and I hope you don't mind me highlighting certain areas.....

is committed to backing Smith so we can challenge for the league next year...yet agains quotes will only spend what the club can generate.

so basicly Smith will have what Le Guen had last year?

Guest therabbitt
''The immediate priority however, is bolstering the first squad and I am committed to backing Walter to ensure the success that Rangers rightly expect. This will enable him to mount a serious challenge for the title next season, and to secure Champions League participation on a regular basis. In order to achieve these objectives we will need to strengthen the squad, but it is vitally important that we continue to operate within our financial means, which in an increasingly competitive market will require prudent management. Walter has also made it clear that players, both mew and existing, will have to earn their place in the Rangers first team squad. ''

Last Paragraph, ''I am as determined as ever to ensure success and I am confident that next season we will fight to regain the domestic title and make our in Europe.''

Then the ever popular ''Thank for your continued and loyal support for the club''.

Over to you for comments and assessment....and I hope you don't mind me highlighting certain areas.....

We are spending what we can get for selling Buffel, Sebo on the donkeys we will inevitably sign...

Free transfers will be signed on the wages that are free'd up by releasing Dado and Klos

If we get into the Champ League group stage a couple of mill might also be free'd up

I am a realist

<cry>

Its just a copy/paste of the last three seasons. :scared:

I used BabelFish - it's not exact but it gives you an idea.

Dear customer/bigot/,

I am writing to you after a regretfully disappointing season draws to a close, yet once again Rangers supporters have continued to demonstrate unwavering allegiance during another year of me taking your money and investing none of my own huge personal wealth or time into the club. Incredibly, despite our awful performances on and off the field we still manage to keep season tickets high – even I am surprised at how loyal you guys are. Just in case though, here’s another 3 new (and low quality) strips for you to spend another £30 per person on. That should really test your allegiance.

The immediate priority however, is bolstering the first team squad and I am committed to backing Walter because no-one will buy this club off me yet. This will enable him to mount a challenge for 2nd place next season and to secure Champions league qualifier participation or the qualifiers anyway – if we can get past Hearts, Hibs and our friends from the North East in the SPL. Don’t the Ultras from Aberdeen back their team well when they are here? In order to achieve these objectives we will need to strengthen the squad, but it is vitally important that we continue to operate within our financial means, which in an increasingly competitive market will require prudent management. As such, we have been working extremely hard going through all the DVDs, videos and letters from our agent friends to ensure we spent the least amount of money while making sure the names are strange enough to call them the next Laudrup, Albertz or Gough. Walter has also made it clear that players, both new and existing, will have to earn their place in the Rangers first team squad. On the field commitment, spirit, quality and pride isn’t necessary on match days but as long as we don’t get beat you guys will be happy surely?

Off the pitch we continue to rely on voluntary fans’ organisations ideas ensuring all revenue streams are maximised to facilitate the required investment in the team and the stadium. That being said, we will not be increasing season tickets by a substantial amount next season. Just enough to emotionally blackmail you into another year while getting the most out of you.

Following a pricing review we have decided to rationalise our prices across the stadium, stand by stand, to ensure that your season ticket continues to offer value for money. Well, value for money in the sense of you pay to get in and that’s about it. Isn’t Andy Cameron a hoot?

I am determined as ever to ensure success (no buyers yet?) and I am confident that next season we will fight to regain 2nd place and to ensure we can beat the odd Israeli team by a few goals at home.

Thank you for your continued and loyal support for the club – sign the form now or my lads from the protest last year know your address.

Yours Faithfully

Sir David Murray

Chateaus Routas oops Rangers FC.

PS: Stop singing those sectarian songs – (MediaHouse)

Let me just say I still expect the heads to be stuck in that sandpit....

In fact I think we will need to make an extension on to the existing one coz its going to be busy :Animation44:

operate within our financial means

I quoted that in another thread, it basiclly means we will spend f*ck all, yet again.

Worth about £700m and we will be lucky to spend 5, a f*cking disgrace.

Sounds like the same old message we've heard countless times before if you ask me

Agreed. David Murray can piss off as far as I'm concerned. Unless he spends some serious cash this summer (and I mean at least £10 million - even that isn't much to ask for considering the money we got for Ricksen, Rodriguez and co) then I don't think he can ever be forgiven for his handling of the club over the past 5 years.

Lets face it no one wants to go back to being £70m in debt but FFS SDM you have to spend some money . If we were to spend £20m in the summer we would almost certainly make it into the champions league group stages and make at least £12m of that back within months. With a stronger squad than last year we would have a decent chance of making the last 16 again and making another £3m+ Plus we would be in with a much better chance of domestic success which would lead to increased attendances and merchandise sales. Its not exactly rocket science SDM. What SDM also doesnt seem to realise is that its cheaper and easier to strengthen a successful team compared to a non successful team. If we spend £20m this year we would probably only need to spend £5-10m next year and less after that to keep the squad strong and we would continue to compete in the champions league. The best chance of us making money is from europe and the only way thats going to happen is if we spend the money to give us the best chance of being successful in europe. We need to spend money to make money.

Its the same old pish from Murray every year. Last years letter said there would be significant funds for PLG to compete for the title - there was hardly anything given and were no where near competing for the title

The only thing thats stopping me from NOT renewing is the fact that i love rangers so much

Ive only been a ST holder for a few years and i love going to watch my team - even though it can be less enjoyable than it should be

Its a sad day when the love for my club is the only thing that is a positive for renewing

No money, no class, no defence of our club, bullshit being told every season from the man in charge, shit merchandising etc etc

No money, no class, no defence of our club, bullshit being told every season from the man in charge, shit merchandising etc etc

I think that last line about sums it up for me as well Dado.

Perhaps some honesty from within Ibrox for the fans who spend a considerable amount of money not just on ST...but all the add ons on top of that - when you work it all out its a considerable investment for everyone.

Perhaps if SDM had not surrounded himself with yes men...they would report back to him on how hollow his words sound to those who have heard it all before...particularly with regard to spending.

However...that said...I think most of could accept financial restraints...if he were to tackle one of the other issues you highlighted - no defence of the club.

Imagine the morale boost for the fans if at the next press conference he was to tell the NOTW and McNee - your constant lies about this club and its supporters over a sustained period of time mean your press privlidges within this club are now revoked...kindly leave the building.

Unfortunately as many have pointed out...the will to fight is just not there.