Lucarreli?

FlippinEck

Spinelli blasts Livorno fans for booing Lucarelli

tribalfooball.com - April 17, 2007

Livorno president Aldo Spinelli has blasted the fans that booed Cristiano Lucarelli during the draw with Reggina.

Lucarelli declared he was quitting Livorno after the match and Spinelli said: "How can you criticise a player like Lucarelli, who allowed us to stay in Serie A for three years in a row?

"Casting a doubt on what happened on the pitch hurt the captain. I think he loves this outfit so much that he was upset and offended.

"I feel offended as well. We must keep Lucarelli and do everything we can to convince him to stay here. I know the supporters did not understand and did not accept the draw with Reggina.

"However, we have to remember that he turned down offers from big clubs like Palermo and Glasgow Rangers and chose to stay here in Livorno."

Worth going for him again? would be great in the spl IMO

Not now, he is 31 going to be 32 in October, need someone a wee bit younger I think for a striker's role.

In the past I would have loved to have had him at Rangers.

Edit: We wouldn't be able to afford him anyway, Livorno don't want him to go and apparently they would still be wanting about 6 million for him!!!

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...p;channel=&

cracking player, even at his age i reckon we would get a couple of good years from him but no way we could afford to spend that sort of money on one player and especially not on one at that age.

i was under the impression his contract was out at first but if not, i wouldnt bother

I originally thought that as well, but if Livorno are putting a price tag on his head I guess not. Think he's been with them for about 4 years now.

AC Milan went for him last season - if hes available they will surely be front of the queue - would love to see him at ibrox but sadly hes probably out of our league.

When did we 1st go for him?

We didn't PLG was briefly linked with him in the rags and that was it!

Saying that I thought he had god like status among the Livorno fans, it's strange that they have just turned on him like that!

It's Sami Kuffour at Livorno :o I always thought he was better than a mid table Italian side and thought it was a different Kuffour when we played them!

Saying that I thought he had god like status among the Livorno fans, it's strange that they have just turned on him like that!

It's Sami Kuffour at Livorno :o I always thought he was better than a mid table Italian side and thought it was a different Kuffour when we played them!

Was that no the Fud that dived in when we won the Penalty ?

Yeah it was! He's obviously just turned a bit shit now!

Evidently :lol:

Evidently :lol:

:lol:

He's being linked with man Utd in one of todays papaers!

only because he said he would like to play for Man U

I didn't know that!

God journalists are so knowledgable and intelligant aren't they? :lol:

Hmm what can I write today? Ah that Lucareeli boy said he wants to play for Man Utd, I'll write a story saying they are interetested in him! :rolleyes:

Shhhh, a lot of rag journalists have to write what they're told to write!

Back to the subject matter...is he really out of our price range, considering we've already when for him? Depends when it was I suppose.