Something I Realised About Our Support

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCoist wasn't the pick of the new owner, his was a bloodless coup set up by Smith and Murray long before Whyte arrived on the scene - he quickly realised that it would be a PR disaster for him if he were to replace the manager (the one he didn't pick) as soon as he's got his feet under the.

You are of course completely wrong. Whyte had a decision to make and stuck with McCoist.

His choice - pick if you prefer - and no one else's.

the problem i reckon lies in the players who think as the manager as "coisty", one of the lads, there needs to be line between player and manager, he is the boss and the "coisty" days should be put behind him, its like when a mate you work with gets promote to a senior position, you reckon you can still have a laugh and take the piss. mccoist needs to make a strong statement of intent towards punishing whittaker, to show if anything the manager isnt "one of the lads" anymore.

What a bunch of hypocritical shites some of them can be. Rewind a year or so ago and the reveling in slagging the taigs for wanting Lenin gone after 2 qualifiers. The constant jibes about how they think they are TGFITW, the constant laughing at them for suggesting a manager should go after 2 games etc, now fast forward to today and it seems we have the same sort of idiots attached to our support.

Why are they idiots if they want Lennon to go? The guy lost them the league and is a complete arse. The ones who wanted him to go have brains.

I'm not one of the ones saying Ally should go.

Why are they idiots if they want Lennon to go? The guy lost them the league and is a complete arse. The ones who wanted him to go have brains.

I'm not one of the ones saying Ally should go.

Im talking about the fact most on here loved laughing at the taigs LAST summer. As the taigs wanted Lenin out after 2 games. Im not talking about the end of the season.

What a bunch of hypocritical shites some of them can be. Rewind a year or so ago and the reveling in slagging the taigs for wanting Lenin gone after 2 qualifiers. The constant jibes about how they think they are TGFITW, the constant laughing at them for suggesting a manager should go after 2 games etc, now fast forward to today and it seems we have the same sort of idiots attached to our support.

Grow up ffs, 2 players let us down last night and Ally could have done no more. We need to strenghten big time and how the fuck you can judge a manager who doesnt have his own team in place yet is beyond me. Anway stop being hypocritical bastards and get on with supporting the team. Lets wait and see what 31st of August brings us before throwing in the towel to the taigs in the leauge.

Btw i am not saying do not criticise but the way some go about it, no wonder a lot of good posters wont come back on.

No surrender :uk:

Completely disagree with your post!

Rangers fans RIGHTLY criticised Celtic fans for their hypocrisy but have never claimed to be the GFITW themselves! What is wrong with that?

Oh 'he doesn't have his own team in place'! Sorry mate that's ignorant in the extreme! If he doesn't know by now who to play and who not to play I'd have to say he was an idiot! He's not and I reckon it is his personality that just isn't getting the best out of them!

Three or four games with no BIG CHANGE and I'd say he has to go!

Two positives remain though, just like 90 mins if you suffer setbacks you have a bit of time to turn things around and a good experienced man has become available!

Hope he can turn things around and have to be honest a win v Chelsea will mean absolutely nothing to me so hopefully if we do win that he'll not go overboard TIME TO STOP SMILING AND TIME TO SHOW THIS DETERMINATION WE KNOW HE HAS!

Grow up ffs, 2 players let us down last night and Ally could have done no more. We need to strenghten big time and how the fuck you can judge a manager who doesnt have his own team in place yet is beyond me. Anway stop being hypocritical bastards and get on with supporting the team. Lets wait and see what 31st of August brings us before throwing in the towel to the taigs in the leauge.

Btw i am not saying do not criticise but the way some go about it, no wonder a lot of good posters wont come back on.

No surrender :uk:

Totally agree with you mate (tu) I don't go in the BD as often as before since it is often full of shite comments about the team/manager.

Ally knew exactly what lay in store for him when he took the job on. He said he will be judged on results, legend or not.

Rangers fans, and I include myself are notorious for expecting success,no excuses,no time to bed in. We demand results.

The thing is, he knows if he goes in and makes sweeping changes and we make a start like this, he is condemned for trying to make his mark too soon, too many changes. On the other hand if he goes more or less with the guys and systems he is familiar with, then he is criticised for not being his own man and clueless.

We have to be patient and give the man a chance,and if by mid season there are no signs that we are on the right track, then maybe we will have to look again at other options.

Only my opinion but even thinking of replacing him after 4 games is nonsense.

Good words from the OP too. :clap:

What was good about them Marty?

He wrongly slates Rangers fans having a pop at Celtic fans.

He wrongly says Alistair needs time to find HIS TEAM when he's been at Ibrox for a few years!

And he wrongly intimates anyone having a pop at Ally as 'not getting behind the team'.

Must say I fail to see owt good about the op!

I'd rather stand behind a relegated Rangers with McCoist in charge than a Champions League winning side with some 'Superstar' in charge.

We are Rangers and we can only piss with the cock we've got so to speak.

If that makes me an Uber Fan, then so be it.

Rangers for life, not for two matches - Super Ally knows that, some of our fans should know that too.

What was good about them Marty?

He wrongly slates Rangers fans having a pop at Celtic fans.

He wrongly says Alistair needs time to find HIS TEAM when he's been at Ibrox for a few years!

And he wrongly intimates anyone having a pop at Ally as 'not getting behind the team'.

Must say I fail to see owt good about the op!

What are you going on about. I am talking about the same people who were on here laughing at the tims for demanding their manager sacked, isnt up to it and shouldnt have got the job.

If you also read my posts in the thread i said constructive criticism is fine but not the shite that has been spouted. Read peoples posts before diving in

What are you going on about. I am talking about the same people who were on here laughing at the tims for demanding their manager sacked, isnt up to it and shouldnt have got the job.

If you also read my posts in the thread i said constructive criticism is fine but not the shite that has been spouted. Read peoples posts before diving in

I did and you failed to address my points earlier made!

You STILL haven't!!!

From what I've read in the last few hours the only shite that has come up is one or two posts by Tims trying to stir the shite - YOU seem to have fallen for it!

I did and you failed to address my points earlier made!

You STILL haven't!!!

From what I've read in the last few hours the only shite that has come up is one or two posts by Tims trying to stir the shite - YOU seem to have fallen for it!

I am talking about posters who have also been on here along time aswell not just the taigs

I am talking about posters who have also been on here along time aswell not just the taigs

I haven't read any of the long time members wanting him sacked - like myself they're saying it's starting to look grim for Ally and they're right!

Think the Tims are at it having a laugh trying to be divisive and some seem to have fallen for it THE ONLY REAL DIVISION I CAN SEE IS BETWEEN THOSE THAT ADMIT HE'S FAST RUNNING OUT OF TME AND THOSE THAT'RE COMING THE NO SURRENDER SUPER ALLY STUFF!

Hardly a gaping chasm is it!

I haven't read any of the long time members wanting him sacked - like myself they're saying it's starting to look grim for Ally and they're right!

Think the Tims are at it having a laugh trying to be divisive and some seem to have fallen for it THE ONLY REAL DIVISION I CAN SEE IS BETWEEN THOSE THAT ADMIT HE'S FAST RUNNING OUT OF TME AND THOSE THAT'RE COMING THE NO SURRENDER SUPER ALLY STUFF!

Hardly a gaping chasm is it!

FFS there was posts on here last night stating he is out his depth, shouldnt have got the job etc from long standing members, im not going to find them but go argue wae yerslef. I canae be arsed tonight

FFS there was posts on here last night stating he is out his depth, shouldnt have got the job etc from long standing members, im not going to find them but go argue wae yerslef. I canae be arsed tonight

I've said that myself - even drew the analogy of a new car owner first time out in the car!

I do think that all we can do is support the team and hope he doesn't go under - big difference in the shallow end with Uncle Walter by his side!

I was hoping he would have his own style (more positive) of management looks like WS is still in charge to be honest!

As has been said another 3 or 4 games like we've seen and Mr Whyte will quite rightly find someone with more experience!

I'm not nipping at your heels mate - we all want the best for Rangers, but I do feel you've fell for old Tarrier ploy!

I'll be pleased as punch if Alister succeeds and very sad if he doesn't! We're all in the same boat mate. So sit down and 'take it eeeaasy baby'! :uk: