Craig Whyte Statement

G.E.C.

RANGERS chairman Craig Whyte said today he and manager Ally McCoist will stand shoulder to shoulder in their efforts to deliver success for the club this season and he also reinforced his commitment to bring new players to Ibrox.

Whyte said: "Like every Rangers fan I was bitterly disappointed by the result in Malmo last night and I share the supporters' frustration that we will not be competing in the Champions League this season.

Jelavvic and McGregor troop from the field"However, we will look forward and not back and we must pick ourselves up and get on with the job of ensuring that Rangers fans enjoy a successful season.

"Ally and I sat together on the plane home and had a positive discussion about our signing plans.

"We have already recruited three new players and also secured key existing players on long term contracts and rest assured new faces will be arriving at Ibrox.

"I fully understand the fans' frustration at the transfer speculation we have seen in recent weeks but the reason we lost in the Champions League is not due to a lack of signings.

"Had 11 players remained on the pitch last night I have no doubt we would have won the match.

"Ally himself has said publicly that we are a good side that only recently won the league championship.

"Yes, we want to see new faces but we all believed we should have been strong enough over two legs against Malmo.

"Our efforts to sign players have not been helped by the fact we were trying to do business early in the transfer window.

"Selling clubs, particularly in England, were in no rush to do make final decisions on their players.

"If anyone looks at when this club's transfer business has really been done in the last few years, it is towards the end of the window, either in mid to late August or late January.

"That said, we have move on and we will go forward working together as a club determined to build on our success of recent seasons."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110804/craig-whyte-statement_2254024_2410309

Sounds positive!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times now have we heard this shite.

Pair of then keep spouting pish to any journo that will listen.

Why not keep quiet and just get players signed and get statements accross like that.

I fully understand the fans' frustration at the transfer speculation we have seen in recent weeks but the reason we lost in the Champions League is not due to a lack of signings.

Had 11 players remained on the pitch last night I have no doubt we would have won the match.

I'd agree with that.

Not interested in hearing any more from within the club. Actions speak louder than words and judgement will be reserved until the transfer window closes. So far we have been a shambles on and off the pitch.

Did Mr Whyte ask Ally why we never brought Wylde on when the game was stretched and we needed pace and energy? Did Ally ask him why our transfer negotiations have been so embarrassing? Did they decide between them to shut up and stop making stupid statements in the press about how things are o.k when clearly they are not?

If ally thinks we are good team because we won the league ;ast year he is either blind or retarded. We won the league through force or will and the ability of Jelavic. We are shocking and if we carry on with the likes of mcculloch and edu we will win nothing this year.

Doesn't really give any concrete pledge to actually spend money on players. Seems more a defence of his current position, blaming our failure to qualify on a number of factors. Would rather we spent the time getting players in, as opposed to drafting meaningless statements.

Again, all talk and no action !

If you read it , you would have noticed him saying mid to late august. And that three players have been brought in and key players signed for the longer term.

That is the owner telling us as it is and I took form his statement that we have had action and yes talk and that more talk and action forthcoming.

Danmmed if you do Dammed if you don't. Reagrds telling us what is going on.

"I fully understand the fans' frustration at the transfer speculation we have seen in recent weeks but the reason we lost in the Champions League is not due to a lack of signings.

:lol:

Of course it fkn was! doh

If you read it , you would have noticed him saying mid to late august. And that three players have been brought in and key players signed for the longer term.

That is the owner telling us as it is and I took form his statement that we have had action and yes talk and that more talk and action forthcoming.

Danmmed if you do Dammed if you don't. Reagrds telling us what is going on.

The transfer window has been open for well over a month now, we've had plenty of time to get signings in. "Mid to late August" is far too late. We've just been fucked out the CL to some mob from Sweden, incase you or Mr Whyte didn't notice.

The season started for us on the 23rd of July, we should have had a good amount of signings in by then.

He must accept some of the blame true the sendings off fucked us up but if we had just forked out for miller took a small hit money wise we could have coasted those two legs and been quids in

lesson learned the hard way hopefully