Interesting quote from Ally...

adamcs

McCoist feels Rangers will have to scour the Continent to find players to replace Klos and Prso.

Ally stressed: "We now have to find players - and people - of Stefan and Dado's calibre. In an ideal world we would have 11 Scots and they would be good enough to take Rangers to another level.

"But that is not always the case. In recent history, we've had to have a few foreign players. They've given us something special. I don't see that changing."

From today's evening times (http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.1336444.0.0.php)

It sounds like they are looking for someone to really challenge McGregor and take the #1 spot, so I think (thank god) we can forget all those rumours about Langfield, Stillie etc...

Although i hope it's not the case, a part of me still thinks that Walter was looking at Lehman last night!

We won't pay his wages.

If we are looking for a number 1 to seriously replace Klos then we probably would!

I don't think he would be on that high a wage tbh!

Unless he accepts getting payed in Ginger Bottles I can't see us signing him.

Doesnt matter a feck what he says...Murrays money has to do the talking and thats silence up till now

Ally would be better keeping his mooth shut he is patronizing at times

tbh I'm quite happy with McGergor in goals and would rather we invested on improving areas that are notably weaker!

I agree.

Whilst I don't think McGregors the best in the world, there are several other key positions that are prioritys.

tbh I'm quite happy with McGergor in goals and would rather we invested on improving areas that are notably weaker!

Aye and to be honest id rather see some experienced scottish goaly come in as cover like alexander (with robinson away on loan) rather than us paying some foreign diddy big wages when he won't even play

Aye and to be honest id rather see some experienced scottish goaly come in as cover like alexander (with robinson away on loan) rather than us paying some foreign diddy big wages when he won't even play

I think M,cGregor is more or less the same as Alexander.

I don't think McGregor will ever be seen as long term Rangers #1 as he is not considered a "big enough" name. In the past we have had guys like Klos, Goram and Woods but those days are over we will not have another World Class goalkeeper unless we produce him ourselves.

Too many people are waiting on McGregor to fuck up so they can judge him as not being good enough, but so far he has proved them wrong as he has been brillant this year.

I hear about how any good team should be built around a solid goalkeeper who can win you 15 points a season and IMO in time McGregor could be that. I honestly think that he has won us about 10 points this season as his goalkeeping has been straight out of the top drawer and if you consider the dross that was in front of him for so long it's a furthur testamint to how talented he is.

My thinking is "If it's not broken don't fix it" and that should be applied to McGregor

With playing time comes experience and when McGregor gets more of that under his belt he should become a vital player for us. Wether the fans will give him their full backing or continue to pine for a "bigger name" remains to be seen!

Who plays when Mcgregor gets injured?

The # 2 that we bring in!

We will undoubetdly bring in a goalkeeper, but I just don't think we need a #1!

I agree. :pipeguy:

Well it's all about opinions, and mine is that McGregor isn't good enough. He's made a lot of terrific saves, but he's also made a shitload of errors, things like standing too far off his line and not being able to deal with a cross. I hate it how he gets sympathy for supposedly having a shit defence infront of him - how do you think the defence feel knowing that the goalkeeper behind them can't deal with a simple cross? He's decent in my opinion, but nothing special. We got Klos for £700k and Celtic got Boruc for buttons, so if we look in the right place we can get a really good goalkeeper that will last us for years...

There are a few good keepers on a free in the summer. Akinfeyev also has a clause in his contract that he can leave CSKA if a CL team comes in for him. Think it knock's off something like £2.375million off his original fee.

i think mcgregor has done well for us this year but he still has a lot to learn. Hes a good shot stopper and has made some fantastic saves this year but he still has areas of his game where he could improve considerably, mainly coming for crosses. As for replacement goalkeepers for klos i would like either Timo Hildebrand from stuttgart although i read somewhere that he might have agreed a contract with valencia :( If we couldnt get him i would like isakkson from man city although they may not be that keen to sell him only a year after buying him.