Robbing Bas***ds

kplfishtank

Not sticking up for them but I used to work in the industry and have chartered aircraft and you would shit yourself how much it costs for a one off charter.

99% sure the aircraft wont be Glasgow based so it will fly to Glasgow from London/Paris or wherever empty. Will fy to Maribor and then fly empty back to the homebase, It will then fly from its homebase back to Maribor empty, fly Maribor to Glasgow and then fly from Glasgow to its homebase empty.

So for two flights to get to and from Maribor it will also fly four empty legs with no paying passengers.

Not saying they aint ripping off but....

Not sticking up for them but I used to work in the industry and have chartered aircraft and you would shit yourself how much it costs for a one off charter.

99% sure the aircraft wont be Glasgow based so it will fly to Glasgow from London/Paris or wherever empty. Will fy to Maribor and then fly empty back to the homebase, It will then fly from its homebase back to Maribor empty, fly Maribor to Glasgow and then fly from Glasgow to its homebase empty.

So for two flights to get to and from Maribor it will also fly four empty legs with no paying passengers.

not true mate all the charter flights stay grounded at destination then take fans home

If that was the reason, then all the daytrips would cost that, but they don't (although they are still a rip off).

not true mate all the charter flights stay grounded at destination then take fans home

Would you like a wager?

Many of them in the winter do mainly becaues its off season and they would be parked up at their homebase anyway so it doesnt make any difference where they park.....not in August though at the height of the summer season when every spare aircraft is needed. It will have more than likely fitted in at least one or two return flighst while the troops will be in Maribor.

That's basically season ticket money for a one off trip. Only way for to get the message across and to get the prices to come down in future. Is not to take up the allocation.

I paid 40 quid less for my ST and theres no chance I'll be paying that for a one off game.

If that was the reason, then all the daytrips would cost that, but they don't (although they are still a rip off).

Not at all, most of the Euro day trips are outwith the holiday season and TC will source a Glasgow based aircraft to do the trip, as it will more than likely not have any other flights in the winter it will park up all day at the destinaion saving costs. 99% sure this flight will fly 6 legs and only two of them will have paying customers.

Not at all, most of the Euro day trips are outwith the holiday season and TC will source a Glasgow based aircraft to do the trip, as it will more than likely not have any other flights in the winter it will park up all day at the destinaion saving costs. 99% sure this flight will fly 6 legs and only two of them will have paying customers.

I can assure you that all TC and Sport Options flights stay grounded for the 10 hours or so that they are waiting, as I have asked the question to cabin crew on both flights.

Would you like a wager?

Many of them in the winter do mainly becaues its off season and they would be parked up at their homebase anyway so it doesnt make any difference where they park.....not in August though at the height of the summer season when every spare aircraft is needed. It will have more than likely fitted in at least one or two return flighst while the troops will be in Maribor.

wager?

ive been on the flights and met the crew on many occasions and flights are always left at the airport

We must ditch Thomas Cook as quickly as possible. Here's an example from last season.

I went to the Bursaspor game, staying in Istanbul for 3 nights in a 4* hotel. My flights were with British Midland from Belfast City to London Heathrow and London Heathrow to Istanbul with Turkish Airlines - all for £365.

The TC day trip was £325!! Need I say more.

Like AlCapone, I'm not in any way defending the cost, but he's right about the operational requirements of aircraft in the middle of August compared with Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, etc.

Everything is more expensive in peak season, and I'd be surprised if anyone were to leave an aircraft sitting idle for 10/12 hours, unless of course, the "waiting time" was added to the charter cost.

No matter how they do it, there are extra costs in peak season compared to off peak.

I'd also like the fans' groups to lobby the club on these extortionate costs.

Incidentally, the cheapest 1 night trip on the TC City Break Programme from Glasgow is £777!!!!!

This is how I judge the official trips price wise. Thomas Cook's own City Break programme compared to the day trip for football supporters. There's always a huge difference in the cost, but on this occasion, I have to say, it looks like a decent deal in comparison.

I'll not be paying it though - I'd be aff ma fuckin nut tae shell oot over £500 on a day of ma life. Fuck me, gettin married is supposed tae be the biggest day of yer life and it never cost me that tae get fuckin married!

Althought it did cost me a wee bit mair for the divorce!