***The Official NK Maribor vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

Before we all slit our wrists, can I remind people that Ness is only just back from yet another long spell out with injury. His career so far has been littered with problems. He played 90 minutes at the weekend there. Ally might not want to risk harming him futher. This is the lad's career we're talking about here. Absolutely no point in rushing him back with game after game when he hasn't EVER been fit enough to get an extended run in the team at any level.

How dare you be sensible!

A little disheartened by that team, it looks very 'solid' which is code for slow and defensive. Would liked to have put Ness in there or Wylde for some pace and I am sorry but I just do not rate Broadfoot. I can see tonight being a slog with few chances.

There is no way Lee McCulloch can be fitter than Jamie Ness, unless Ness has picked up another injury, which I highly doubt.

Ness plays 90 minutes v Inverness and walks off fine, McCulloch hasn't played in weeks and mcoist said he MIGHT make it the other day.

Walter Smith, I mean Ally McCoist, unless Ness's leg is hanging off, you've fucked up. McCulloch will add nothing to the team except giving our defenders more of the ball than Xavi and Inesta get.

Let's compare tonight's team to the one that played away to Malmo, in a game that we would've strolled to success in if it weren't for Whittaker's stupidity;

McGregor, Papac, Bougherra, Whittaker, Wallace, Ortiz, McCulloch, Edu, Davis, Naismith, Jelavic

So it's Broadfoot, Goian and Bocanegra in for Papac, Bougherra and Whittaker. Other than that, it's the same team. Can people please stop overreacting. It's incredibly embarrassing.

3 changes but other than that. :lol: 3 changes is quite alot for an 11 man team.

Also this is a fans forum, open to all sorts of crazy people, they are allowed their opinion and if they want to spit the dummy before a ball is kicked, its surely upto them.

I love how you try and play everything down. Are you permanently stoned Kev?

:)(tu)

3 changes; one due to suspension, one due to sale (and also suspension) and one due to injury. 3 changes that taken out of the manager's hands. I'm also perfectly entitled to my opinion that these people need to regain some grasp of reality. The expressing opinion argument works both ways! You can't honestly believe that this team selection is worth all the faux-outrage on here?

Fans are entitled to a strong opinion on team selection Kev.

If it surprises people and works out then most will hold their hands up, but that remains to be seen.

3 changes; one due to suspension, one due to sale (and also suspension) and one due to injury. 3 changes that taken out of the manager's hands. I'm also perfectly entitled to my opinion that these people need to regain some grasp of reality. The expressing opinion argument works both ways! You can't honestly believe that this team selection is worth all the faux-outrage on here?

Not at all but i can understand fans being pissed off by more 1 up front rubbish and Ness being dropped after such a good performance for someone who cant be 100% fit.