***The Official NK Maribor vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

I reckon it will be about 15minutes in before McCulloch does something other than immediately pass the ball backwards. Such a waste of a jersey.

No excuses for us not to beat this mob tonight, however i disagree with the earlier point that Malmo are 2-3 levels above this team. I would have rather played Malmo than Maribor.

Understandably many people are annoyed with the mcculloch and ddi midfield pairing, as they have a right to be as its been shown it doesn't work. However if Ness is indeed injured then ally has little choice but to go with that, unless he plays youth which, imo, could be an even bigger risk in a game as vital as this. We need to get behind the team tonight. If this team which is similiar to that which played malmo away plays as they did on that night, we should get a result.

Is Hutton not good enough to play against Maribor ?

Everytime I see Mculloch and Edu in the engine room, I die a little inside.

Not an ounce of creative flair in the middle of the park.

4-5-1 against the might of Maribor? Jesus wept, you'd think it was the Nou Camp we were playing in tonight.

That said, Mon the Gers!

Its not exactly an earth shattering lie, he is dropping a kid to play his pal a more experience player. There will be no Mariborgate investigation.

You need to change yer tune mate, you are bursting to have a go at ally as i seem to point out all too often and its wee things like this that has you sliding of yer seat, do you know the ins and outs? id hazard a good guess you dont yet you disregard folks comments as if they are wrong and you must be right, you are what i would call snidey, two faced and like to pander to people letting them think u agree with them then say summit totally different in other posts to appease others, whats your game ?

You need to change yer tune mate, you are bursting to have a go at ally as i seem to point out all too often and its wee things like this that has you sliding of yer seat, do you know the ins and outs? id hazard a good guess you dont yet you disregard folks comments as if they are wrong and you must be right, you are what i would call snidey, two faced and like to pander to people letting them think u agree with them then say summit totally different in other posts to appease others, whats your game ?

:lol:

What alot of shite. Why dont you post up some evidence instead of making wild accusations with nothing to back you up? I told you yesterday you were paranoid and i was spot on. Maybe there is another member on here with a name similar to mine and you are getting the 2 mixed up? <cr>

Has any team ever lined up so defensively away to Maribor?

A 4-5-1 with 2 defensive midfielders, and no wingers.

Yet again, we did get to Manchester playing a 4-5-1 with no wingers.

Don't know what to make of our line-ups. Just have to wait until the game begins.

CARLOS BOCANEGRA will make his Rangers debut in Slovenia tonight as he comes straight into the team to play Maribor.

The American international captain was only signed yesterday and he didn't even arrive at the team's hotel until just before 11am this morning after he travelled through the night.

hAs such, he has not yet trained with his new team-mates but with Ally McCoist short of defensive cover, he goes into the central area of the back line beside Dorin Goian.

In a strong side, Lee McCulloch also returns after a knee injury as a replacement for Jamie Ness, who has a groin problem and misses out.

Gers will line up in a 4-5-1 formation, with Steven Naismith dropping back to the right flank and tasked to get forward to support lone striker Nikica Jelavic.

Steven Davis, Maurice Edu and Juanma Ortiz complete the five-man midfield, with Kirk Broadfoot and Lee Wallace also starting.

McCoist's substitutes have yet to be confirmed but it appears Kyle Lafferty is amongst them after spending several weeks out with a groin problem.

The SPL champions are seeking a win after just one victory in their last 23 European outings, a 1-0 success against Bursaspor in last season's Champions League.

They will hope to repeat the club's last result here against Maribor 10 years ago, when they won 3-0 through Tore Andre Flo's double and a goal from Christian Nerlinger.

RANGERS: McGregor; Broadfoot, Goian, Bocanegra, Wallace; Naismith, Davis, Edu, McCulloch, Ortiz; Jelavic.

SUBS (provisional): Alexander, Healy, Lafferty, Fleck, Wylde, McMillan, Perry.

:lol:

What alot of shite. Why dont you post up some evidence instead of making wild accusations with nothing to back you up? I told you yesterday you were paranoid and i was spot on. Maybe there is another member on here with a name similar to mine and you are getting the 2 mixed up? wacko.gif

Ill tell you what imposter, i will, when you do contradict yourself i will point it out when i see it, i have in the past yet you seem to have an excuse, phishing or you didnt mean it like that, as i said others have clicked (tu)

Fuck off .

I'm sick of seeing that useless donkey mcculloch wearing our jersey . He gets worse with every game which is even more remarkable considering how low his standard of play has been in the last year .

I don't think I've ever had such a strong feeling of dislike for a rangers player , I hate seeing him in the team . He offers nothing and after a good footbslling performance at the weekend , I fully expect to see a turgid , boring , slow , lackluster display tonight.

It's all down to this imposter !!!!

He is only doing what Walter taught him. I scored out pals as thats not what i meant. Are you saying Ally doesnt have his favourites? :lol:

You crossed out pals because yer a snidey and would rather tip toe around what you think