***The Official NK Maribor vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

Weir and Bartley didn't travel but McCulloch and Lafferty have.

And with no new signings in place we are going with basically the same team that flopped against Malmo.

McCoist and the team made mistakes in those two legs. Players didn't perform. Tactics were wrong. Lack of substitutions at key times.

Do the same against Maribor and i can see McCoist struggling to stay in the job even this early in to his career.

And that is not something i am advocating either.

Weir and Bartley didn't travel but McCulloch and Lafferty have.

And with no new signings in place we are going with basically the same team that flopped against Malmo.

McCoist and the team made mistakes in those two legs. Players didn't perform. Tactics were wrong. Lack of substitutions at key times.

Do the same against Maribor and i can see McCoist struggling to stay in the job even this early in to his career.

And that is not something i am advocating either.

Do you think Mr Whyte would sack him?

It's certainly going to be a defensive line-up going by this :

"I think we're more than capable of scoring goals against most sides in Europe and the way we set up will help us, because we've got boys that are quick enough on the break"

I hope Ally puts his own spin on Walters old tactics, though. Maribor is a team that we should be looking to take the game to and beat, even on their own patch.

Could be another one of those nervy European nights. Hopefully we perform like we did in Malmo, without getting any red cards !!

Ive seen from Rangers buzz on twitter that McCulloch is fit and will play tomorrow. Hopefully the team is

:mcgregor:

:broadfoot: :mcculloch: :Goian::Wallace:

:ortiz: :davis: :ness: :wylde:

:jelavic: :Naismith:

I dont think this will be the team but i would like it to be.

Do you think Mr Whyte would sack him?

Well given that their relationship isn't exactly flourishing it may be that both parties could make that decision.

Personally i think it would be disaster of monumental proportions for McCoist and for Rangers were we to be dumped out by the minnows of Maribor.

If we go out to Maribor i can see some soul searching from McCoist and Whyte that's all i am saying.

And i don't think too many of our fans would be overly happy at being dumped out of two European competitions so soon and by pretty average teams.

Let's hope we do win and win convincingly and all parties get some breathing space.

Well given that their relationship isn't exactly flourishing it may be that both parties could make that decision.

Personally i think it would be disaster of monumental proportions for McCoist and for Rangers were we to be dumped out by the minnows of Maribor.

If we go out to Maribor i can see some soul searching from McCoist and Whyte that's all i am saying.

And i don't think too many of our fans would be overly happy at being dumped out of two European competitions so soon and by pretty average teams.

Let's hope we do win and win convincingly and all parties get some breathing space.

I agree, it would be catastrophic. No way to dress it up.

"Breathing space" sounds to me like its just a matter of time. Game to game basis stuff. We dont want or need that.

(tu)

I agree, it would be catastrophic. No way to dress it up.

"Breathing space" sounds to me like its just a matter of time. Game to game basis stuff. We dont want or need that.

(tu)

Malmo and Maribor are minnows in Europe regardless of all this "No easy game" crap.

Defeat from Malmo was in my eyes unacceptable. Defeat from Malmo and Maribor would be unforgivable.

Like all Bears though i hope we see a good performance on Thursday and the right result to take back to Ibrox and finish them off properly next week.

Malmo and Maribor are minnows in Europe regardless of all this "No easy game" crap.

Defeat from Malmo was in my eyes unacceptable. Defeat from Malmo and Maribor would be unforgivable.

Like all Bears though i hope we see a good performance on Thursday and the right result to take back to Ibrox and finish them off properly next week.

I agree with you, its was unaccpetable but Ally has got away with it, the players have got away with it and we have moved on brushing that embarrassment under a carpet normally reserved for the Catholic church.

Again, i find myself in agreement with you, i think we will win over there.

(tu)

I agree with you, its was unaccpetable but Ally has got away with it, the players have got away with it and we have moved on brushing that embarrassment under a carpet normally reserved for the Catholic church.

Again, i find myself in agreement with you, i think we will win over there.

(tu)

I see no reason why we shouldn't. Maribor are on a par with Malmo and we bossed large parts of that game even with 10 men.

Defence is my concern especially with Broadfoot and McCulloch in there as that is an alarming lack of pace which could easily be exploited.

And above all if we get our chances we simply have to take them and not fluff them like we did in Malmo.

I see no reason why we shouldn't. Maribor are on a par with Malmo and we bossed large parts of that game even with 10 men.

Defence is my concern especially with Broadfoot and McCulloch in there as that is an alarming lack of pace which could easily be exploited.

And above all if we get our chances we simply have to take them and not fluff them like we did in Malmo.

Agreed Adoniram.

(tu)

Anybody that thinks that this will be a easy game, is kidding themselves on.

Remember watching them dismantle Hibs last season, Tavares and Mezga should be watched closely as they have the ability to hurt us.

Who are our players with the technical ability to hurt opponents?

I ALWAYS get worried when people start to assume that we will have a 'walkover'. Yes, we should hammer this team....but we said that about Malmo when the draw was first made and, indeed, right up to the second leg following our disasterous defeat at Ibrox.