***The Official NK Maribor vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

Went into a darkened room after the game to calm down. I have emerged..... calm and collected.

That was brutal...simply brutal. We cannot string two worthwhile passes together - simply 'hoof' the ball up the park and hope big Jela gets on the end and does something spectacular.

This is dismal, amateur stuff. We simply pass the ball across the back OR pass it back OR hoof it up field. No organisation, no thought; no creativity; no skill; no ability no quality and no leadership anywhere ON or OFF the pitch!

I think I'm also correct in saying that's the first game we've lost which we were leading at half time since Parma back in 98??????

McCulloch shouldn't play for Rangers again - HE'S FINISHED!!! And it's a crime that despite all the transfer activity of late that he still manages to make the starting 11 along with other dumplings like Edu and Broadfoot - these guys are not Rangers class.

Opposing teams know that if they can snuff out Davis, Naismith and Jelavic we're nothing, completely toothless, and Maribor like Malmo before them did their homework and cancelled them out.

This result and the one against Malmo are a direct result of our completely amateurish dealings in the transfer window and tonight we're left to reflect on what might have been been had we pushed the boat out for Miller, Goodwillie, Juhasz and a winger in the mould of Verhoek or Estigarribia.

When you pay peanuts you get monkeys, and we've got quite a few. Almost every player the supporters wanted in this window we never got and tonight it all came home to roost.

Whyte MUST act now and get the cheque book out and bring in a couple of players capable of improving the team, not just guys to make up the numbers.

Can't be arsed reading through all the comments, no doubt most people will be disappointed. All I can say is I'm DISGUSTED that I had to pay to watch that pathetic attempt at playing football. If we continue at our current form, Motherwell will be on 13 points by Monday and by thursday Rangers will be out of Europe all together. I still think if we get the tactics and formation correct, and the players put in the effort needed, we can go far in this competition. I guess Ortiz scoring the only goal sums up Rangers performance tonight and as for turning your back on play well...

Next week or two will be very crucial for Rangers

To many times in big games he fucks it up . He's a GOOD keeper , thats all .

Will never be as good as Goram ...........

:lol: :lol: :lol: The amount of times he's saved Rangers with absolutely wonder saves are uncountable. It saddens me that admin haven't found this beadrattling bastard out yet. You still whimpering over the samaras penalty !!!!!!! GET IT RIGHT UP YE

On a brighter note, this shows you just how important and talented a player Ness is. Hopefully this has demonstrated that to the management more than anything. On another positive note, McKay and Bedoya could not possibly be any worse than playing Edu and Jig in the center together. If Ally persists in doing that we do though have serious, serious problems. Ortiz looked far more comfortable when playing inside, he is simply a passenger on the left wing, it is so blatantly obvious.

Running with your back to play with the ball in your hand, whilst you think you have plenty of time to get back into position, then seeing the ball fly past you is simply bizarre. That simply beggars belief and as much as I've been impressed with him so far, however, that was completely baseline.

Depressing but predicable.

Edu and McCulloch...nice to see McCoist being his own man and learning from previous dud games with these two in the middle.

No pace in midfield and we will struggle as a result.

If i can see it and others can see it why can't McCoist?

In 3 games this system with the players playing in these roles hasn't worked. 2 defeats and 1 draw with 2 goals scored and 4 conceded tells me and the fucking world it is not right.

It was embarrassing watching us lump balls up to Jelavic who when he did control it or flick it on was left looking at blue shirts or empty spaces.

We were lambasted for playing this type of football in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and up to 2011 we still cannot grasp the fact that FOOTball is a game best played with the ball on the ground and with some thought as to how to play the game.

Last night was a complete and utter embarrassment..a predicted embarrassment and yet again for the 3rd time in Europe McCoist sits on his arse,makes one sub and no attempt to change things round or take off players who are not doing the business.

His own man...don't make me laugh...he is a clone of Smith only worse in that he has no idea what to do when things are going wrong.

Give him time..he has to get his players in ....nothing but excuses.

He has the nucleus of the team that just won the League title and has managed to turn them in to average duds in 6 games.

Lose to Motherwell and Maribor and the party is over for McCoist as far as i am concerned.

I was unlucky enough to witness that shambles of a second half. Seriously who picked that team, Ness was the best player on the park last week but he can't get on the park. Ally insists on playing those two dregs McCulloch and Edu in the midfield yet again, one who has been a shambles this season and the other who not only is a shambles but was coming back from injury as well.

Abbsolutely disgusted at the effort put in by the lot of them, fuckin disgrace to the name of Rangers. Stop now I'm getting really pissed off again just thinking about it.