***The Official NK Maribor vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

Who are our players with the technical ability to hurt opponents?

That's a good question.

The opposition fans probably don't even recognise our players, Jelavic and Davis will get a mention in the press. But apart from that were classed as a team without any recognised stars. In some quarters even classed as a small club/easy tie.

That's a good question.

The opposition fans probably don't even recognise our players, Jelavic and Davis will get a mention in the press. But apart from that were classed as a team without any recognised stars. In some quarters even classed as a small club/easy tie.

We dont have enough technically gifted footballers.

Wouldnt like to see a half fit Lafferty playing. He wont be much use if hes only at 70% and runs the risk of further injuring himself.

For our starting 11 id like to see;

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :Goian: :papac: :Wallace:

:ortiz: :ness: :davis: :fleck:

:jelavic: :Naismith:

Not sure on Papac's fitness, is he available? If not i'd shift McCulloch in there or stick my neck out and put young Perry in.

Playing Ortiz on the right HAS to happen. Hes no good on the left, its clear as day. I think Fleck should be given a chance, albeit at LM. Would actually love to see him in the centre but we would never do that. Hes not very pacy but i think he could play some nice balls for Jela and Naisy to get on to and bring some creativity.

Can see us winning 3-1 on agreggate with them drawing with us 1-1 at home and us beating them 2-0 on their patch.

Jela with 2 and Ness with the other :beer1:

COME ON THE RANGERS

:crabflute::uk::peanut:

Lafferty is not fit enough to start. My guess is 20 mins at most from him.

This game will be a struggle - we had tons of possession vs ICT and only scored with penalties - given our recent form and injuries.

McCulloch has been yards off the pace so far and has struggled with injuries and he may be at CH. If not maybe Perry who is another big question mark.

If not on top form then watch out. Yes we can win win, but it will not be easy. We do not have enough pace and creativity to do that.

Could argue that we never had any pace/creativity at the end of last season as well mate but we were fucking teams up.

Our energy, determination and big Jela should see us through.

EDIT: Fuck, id put Edu at RB then and Clubfoot at LB. Scarryy.

I can see this being another long night on tenterhooks.

It will be a hard game imo especially with the make shift back four.

Don't think Laff should be risked at all if not fully fit.

Just hope I wrong and we battered them.

Mon The Rangers

Wouldnt like to see a half fit Lafferty playing. He wont be much use if hes only at 70% and runs the risk of further injuring himself.

For our starting 11 id like to see;

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :Goian: :papac: :Wallace:

:ortiz: :ness: :davis: :fleck:

:jelavic: :Naismith:

Not sure on Papac's fitness, is he available? If not i'd shift McCulloch in there or stick my neck out and put young Perry in.

Playing Ortiz on the right HAS to happen. Hes no good on the left, its clear as day. I think Fleck should be given a chance, albeit at LM. Would actually love to see him in the centre but we would never do that. Hes not very pacy but i think he could play some nice balls for Jela and Naisy to get on to and bring some creativity.

Can see us winning 3-1 on agreggate with them drawing with us 1-1 at home and us beating them 2-0 on their patch.

Jela with 2 and Ness with the other :beer1:

COME ON THE RANGERS

:crabflute::uk::peanut:

Bit of a narrow formation!

We dont have any real natural wingers though do we? Naisy and Jela run the channels very well, plus Wallace would get up and support on the left with hopefully Ortiz offering something on the right.

McGregor

Broadfoot Goian Perry Wallace

McCulloch

Naismith Davis Ness Ortiz

Jelavic

Subs: Alexander, Fleck, Edu, Wylde, Healy, McMillan? and Hemmings.

Quite a short squad flying out to Slovenia, we'll miss Bartley but I've been impressed with young Perry when he's came in. I wouldn't risk putting Mo in CDM, Big Jig is back from injury but his fitness is low...Ness has to play, he is exactly what the team need next to Davis as shown against ICT.

Lookin' forward to seeing Bedoya play but he won't be involved tomorrow, hope McKay gets his permit on Friday and is available for the weekend.

We can't underestimate Maribor, I personally didn't see Malmo as a threat, yes they were fitter but the lads were unlucky to lose the final result in those ties. Anyway, expecting a good performance tomorrow night...2 away goals would be brilliant but it's a lot to ask, the team's good enough so c'mon the Gers!

NK Maribor 0-2 The Rangers (Jelavic and a Nessy cracker!) :21:

on paper the team is certainly good enough but when you look back over our results in europe recently it does not fill you with excitement would like to see this as a turning point and get this tie taken care of and put beyond any doubt for the home leg.

if we cant beat this mob some serious questions have to be asked .