If I'd Bought Rangers I'd Be Playing For Them Myself

MartinGers93

RANGERS-daft rapper Tinchy Stryder says re-signing Ibrox legend Barry Ferguson would have been his top priority if he'd bought the club.

The pint-sized chart sensation - who starred for Manchester United against Celtic in Tuesday night's glamour charity match - also had plans to put HIMSELF in the Gers starting XI too.

Tinchy, 24, emerged as a shock outsider to BUY the SPL champions - now owned by tycoon Craig Whyte - from Sir David Murray two years ago.

At the time, fans speculated about where the chart-topper would find the funds for a multi-million-pound takeover.

Soccer chat rooms were buzzing with rumours that Tinchy was going to bring rap pals Tinie Tempah and Professor Green on board as part of a consortium.

The MC, from Bow, East London said: "I heard it like everyone else did. I was never planning on it.

"But if the fans want me to own Rangers? Yeah, bring it on. I could do it.

"I don't think I've got more money than the guy that owns them now though. Maybe I could play myself."

Ex-Scotland star Ferguson, 33, who left Rangers in 2009 and is now at Championship side Blackpool, would've been a signing target.

Tinchy said: "Ferguson is a great player. I like how he plays the game. He always seems in control."

United fan Tinchy revealed Rangers were the Scottish club he supported when the MOBOs came to Glasgow two years ago.

He says current manager Ally McCoist - who scored 355 goals as a player for the club - was one of his boyhood heroes.

Tinchy said: "I've got a team in every country and Rangers are the team for me in Scotland.

"And I've always liked Ally McCoist and Paul Gascoigne. They were great players."

Tinchy played in the match with celebrities including Hollywood hunk Gerard Butler, Westlife's Nicky Byrne, The Verve rocker Richard Ashcroft and funnyman Patrick Kielty. Celtic legend Henrik Larsson bagged a hat-trick. Chris Sutton, Lubo Moravcik, Roy Keane and Dwight Yorke also appeared.

Billy Connolly was among the 54,000 crowd who watched the home team's 5-2 win.

The fixture was originally to raise funds for the Celtic Charity Foundation and ex-Hoops defender John Kennedy, who was forced to retire through injury.

But the 27-year-old and club are now donating all the money to the Oxfam East Africa Famine Appeal.

Tinchy - who had flown up from London - was raging at United's gaffer Gordon Strachan for putting him on for just THREE MINUTES as an injury-time substitute.

He said: "The manager gave me the No3 top - maybe that's why I only got to play three minutes.

"He's got different ways of running his team I guess. He's a cool guy, he's got a vibe. It was good meeting him."

He added: "It felt good being out there. The crowd had crazy energy and being a part of it was great. I didn't realise there would be that many people there.

"Watching some of the ex-pros was good. Roy Keane is someone I've always liked.

"He was just as I imagined him to be - serious about his job. I'm a striker and I love how Larsson plays too."

Tinchy, once an apprentice footballer with Wimbledon, didn't have time to get in shape for the match and he added: "I haven't got a day spare in my life but I love football and I'm always up for playing."

And Tinchy - who's had chart-topping singles with Number 1 and Never Leave You - even recorded the match, which was shown live on ITV4. He tweeted: "Watching the Celtic vs United legends game. If I had come on earlier, I would have changed the game! Yorke and Larsson should still be playing."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3745296/If-Id-bought-Rangers-Id-be-playing-for-them-myself.html#ixzz1UjBoRa8T

First I've heard of this and supposedly Professor Green and Tinie Tempah would have been brought into the consortium :lol: Who makes this shit up??? Too funny :lol:

Probabley from that time he came out and said he supported Rangers :lol:

I've seen him numerous times saying he's a massive United fan, thought this was pretty much common knowledge. I guess Rangers are his 'Scottish team'.