Takis Fyssas

mac444

Its on the BBC gossip column, taken from the Herald I think, that he will leave Hearts in the sumer on a bosman. I know he may be at the wrong end of his career but I think he would provide excellent cover/competition for Stevie Smith atleast in the short term until we can either afford or identify someone more suitable.

Guest The Brown Brogue

All I know is that he's not good enough for Hearts so why would he be anywhere near good enough for us?

This season he has played 16 league games for Hearts, to me thats pretty good going considering he isn't Lituanian.

All I know is he has loads of Caps for Greece and is still in the national side even though Mad Vlad won't pick him just now.

Anyway its just another name to add to the list we already have, who would you sign as cover for LB then?

Guest The Brown Brogue
This season he has played 16 league games for Hearts, to me thats pretty good going considering he isn't Lituanian.

All I know is he has loads of Caps for Greece and is still in the national side even though Mad Vlad won't pick him just now.

Anyway its just another name to add to the list we already have, who would you sign as cover for LB then?

Well seeing as neither you nor I know how much money is available, and what players are available at what price, then theres no point even speculating as to who I'd sign as cover.

If he was that indispensible then do you not think Hearts might offer him an extension?

Well seeing as neither you nor I know how much money is available, and what players are available at what price, then theres no point even speculating as to who I'd sign as cover.

If he was that indispensible then do you not think Hearts might offer him an extension?

Well if there is no point in speculating who we can bring in why the hell are you on the Rangers Transfer Talk section doh

Have you forgotten what team we are talking about here and who runs them? Hearts and Mad Vlad if you had forgotten (tu) there is no ryhme nor reason about what that mentally unstable f**ker does at the best of times!

Hearts arent exactly what youd call predicatable. They dont tend to play there best players all the time either. Just because they're punting a player doesnt make him bad.

Hmm this ines quite a toughie.

A part of me thinks this would be a fantastic short term option. An experienced, international player who knows the league quite well would be a good potion to have in the squad.

Howeverage is against himand with an already 37 year old Weir likely to be playing at the heart of our defence next year I am not sure if two older guys could cope with the demands of Champions League football and a league title chase.

A part of me thinks this would be a fantastic short term option. An experienced, international player who knows the league quite well would be a good potion to have in the squad.

Howeverage is against himand with an already 37 year old Weir likely to be playing at the heart of our defence next year I am not sure if two older guys could cope with the demands of Champions League football and a league title chase.

Costacurta and Maldini have managed it, and there are almost 80 years between them.

Age is not so important for defenders - positional sense is. And that's something you never lose if you have it.

As for Fyssas, we'd only be wanting him as competition for Smith. Smith can learn a lot from Fyssas.

Costacurta and Maldini have managed it, and there are almost 80 years between them.

Age is not so important for defenders - positional sense is. And that's something you never lose if you have it.

As for Fyssas, we'd only be wanting him as competition for Smith. Smith can learn a lot from Fyssas.

Plus they have Cafu, Simic and Favalli who aren't exactly spring chickens either!

Personally I would be unconcerned with their ages, in this day mid 30's isn't old for most pro footballers now, most could play on to late 30's some even easily into 40's as they look after themselves a lot more than previous generations