walter smith what should happen

minstral

what would the fans do if walter got money to spend and brought in his players,and we were well behind celtic afer say 7 or 8 games next season.do you think the fans would demand,that walter be sacked or would they just let him carry on and hope things get better?

what would the fans do if walter got money to spend and brought in his players,and we were well behind celtic afer say 7 or 8 games next season.do you think the fans would demand,that walter be sacked or would they just let him carry on and hope things get better?

I think they would split Minstral....some would vent their frustration....while others would through loyalty and respect to Walter keep their feelings more private.

They would bury their heads in the sand and say to Murray as per usual....yes sir no sir three bags full sir

Lick erse and swally sheeite as usual

Nothing has changed for me obviously Murray Ally and Wattie can GTF now not later :pipeguy:

I think it is important that Smith is given time to turn things around. People are talking a lot about the past 2 years being terrible for us as we have won nothing, but I think we have to go back about 4 or 5 years as that is where the rot set in with the quality and attitude of the squad. The last 2 times we have won the league have been lucky to say the least and we have failed to really dominate the domestic game for a long time now.

Smith needs the time to put building blocks in place for the next 4-5 years and that means spending some money on bringing in solid porformers whether experienced or still developing who he can build a team around. He is in the fortunate position in that he will be the 1st manager to really have the 1st benefits of the Murray Park production line at his disposal with the likes of Stevie Lennon and a few other youngsters getting to the stage where they will be looking for 1st team action.

The question that needs to be asked I think is could we have another year where we play 2nd fiddle to Celtic if it meant that we could enjoy 3-4 years of domination (maybe more) the following season. I would certainly accept that position. however I think I may be in the minority. Thanfully we have a management team that know that they cannot looksolely at building a team for the future as our fans expect success to happen at the click of a finger, therefore I believe we will be seriously challenging in every domestic competition next season and I believe the trophy room will have at least 1 other piece of silverware added to it come the end of next season.

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Just now though we are doing well since WS came back, so I think we should be happy with that instead of the "what if" situations.

Just now though we are doing well since WS came back, so I think we should be happy with that instead of the "what if" situations.

i am not happy at the moment,i know walter has steadied the ship but we are still a very poor side

There is absolutely no indication that we will improve next season......

If you want to include ra shellicks poor form recently as an indication that we will be better, you guys are bigger fools than I first thought...

The sandpit awaits you lads

RFC are pesh end of story

If you want to include ra shellicks poor form recently as an indication that we will be better, you guys are bigger fools than I first thought...

changing manager wont make a blind bit of difference to that though.

jose feckin mourinho wouldn't be able to make this squad into world beaters

depends what tactics you use,walter has to stop being to negative.

i am not happy at the moment,i know walter has steadied the ship but we are still a very poor side

Aye, but you know what I mean.

Walter has done just about everything he can now without money, we need investment on the field now, I don't think anyone will argue that.

I know...he would have told Murray to GTF ages ago

Murray has peshed all over Eck and PLG and us of course ro about 8 yrs now

They say hope is the last thing to die, does that include brain dead as well <_<

you should be able to answer that. <_<

Aye he is the type Murray wants to fill Ibrox with

Brain dead head stuck in the sand :lol:

depends what tactics you use,walter has to stop being to negative.

Well it depends, I think he has had to be negative this season - he just doesnt have the players to play open attractive football - PLG tried that with this squad, look where that got him.

As for the OP, no manager becomes a bad manager over 7 or 8 games, especially if he is trying to bed down a much changed squad of players. So if results were terrible, I would look to see where we were at Christmas and evaluate from there

The mint played a very very smart move getting Walter back here. He knows as well as most of us do that very few Rangers fans are going to turn on Walter or Ally in the way they turned on PLG, simply because they are both Rangers Legends.

Should we invest little in the summer and struggle for the first part of the season then SDM will just come out and say that substanial investment will be made in January and the fickle fans among or support, particullary the ones who refuse to say a bad word about SDM on the basis of all he has done for the club in the past, will buy into it, much like they will stand by Ally and Walter on the basis of their past achievements rather than how we are doing in the here and now.

I think this is going to be the general trend until he sells up. It's a very risky game for him to play as every season more fans are becoming wise to it and eventually they will just snap.

I'm personally starting to get sick of this supposed penny pinching, but it's still very very early days to be saying that we will have a frustrating summer. The fact that we pulled 2 million out of nowhere to sign Thomson with nearly nobody knowing about it, suggests that maybe, just maybe there will be some form of investment.

This whole SDM vs The Fans scenareio is a ticking timebomb that will explode in the near future unless something major happens soon.

The mint played a very very smart move getting Walter back here. He knows as well as most of us do that very few Rangers fans are going to turn on Walter or Ally in the way they turned on PLG, simply because they are both Rangers Legends.

Should we invest little in the summer and struggle for the first part of the season then SDM will just come out and say that substanial investment will be made in January and the fickle fans among or support, particullary the ones who refuse to say a bad word about SDM on the basis of all he has done for the club in the past, will buy into it, much like they will stand by Ally and Walter on the basis of their past achievements rather than how we are doing in the here and now.

I think this is going to be the general trend until he sells up. It's a very risky game for him to play as every season more fans are becoming wise to it and eventually they will just snap.

I'm personally starting to get sick of this supposed penny pinching, but it's still very very early days to be saying that we will have a frustrating summer. The fact that we pulled 2 million out of nowhere to sign Thomson with nearly nobody knowing about it, suggests that maybe, just maybe there will be some form of investment.

This whole SDM vs The Fans scenareio is a ticking timebomb that will explode in the near future unless something major happens soon.

Well said but you seem to be sitting on the fence as usual ye know the same a burying yer head in the sand....

Your patience seems to have no end but count me out...as I said before, people like you play straight into Murrays hands and he loves it....

Youz are all on a different planet from the guyz like me who want him out now not later and I hope youz never visit where we come from

Well if we are failing mid season next year, you will have to think to yourself, ''this is our third manager in a row who's team isn't performing, maybe it isn't the managers that are the cause of it afterall''.

I think if Smith doesn't turn this around then we will see people start to turn on Murray and the board.

Should that be the sceanerio I would personally turn on the players. Yes, people will criticse me for that as some think you should never boo a player in a Rangers shirt, but they can't hide behind a shirt or their love for Rangers forever. If three diffferent managers each with different approaches can't do anything with the players then it is them who is to blame. There has been a few big squad turnarounds in this time but the core of the team and arguably the players who should be carrying it: Hutton, Smith, Ferguson, Hemdani and Boyd has basically remained the same under all three managers.

As you said SDM will probably take the brunt of the fans anger, but in truth he can't make them them perform on the pitch either. The only way you could do that would be by offering them financial incentives should certain targets be reached and I think that would fail as some of the players we have already have massive ego's on the basis that they play for Rangers and make lots of money and offering them financial incentives could just increase that furthur.

I am a convert to FISH-ism

it will happen to you all eventually (tu)

Welcome aboard brother but the nievety of most on here continues....its frightning so it is

I cant beleive they support the same RFC as me

Well said but you seem to be sitting on the fence as usual ye know the same a burying yer head in the sand....

Your patience seems to have no end but count me out...as I said before, people like you play straight into Murrays hands and he loves it....

Youz are all on a different planet from the guyz like me who want him out now not later and I hope youz never visit where we come from

Yes, I appreciate everything SDM has done for the club in the past, but I also know that change is needed in the near future. I dislike SDM's attitude as it appears that he has become complacent and disinterested in his role as onwer and chairman. He should not shy away from carrying out his job with 100% dedication or stop supporting the club financially just because he has half an eye on retiring to a nice little French resort. He should be doing the job until it's finished or not his responsibilty anymore.

On that basis I'm hurting like all our fans are, but at the same time I look forward to the future because when SDM does sell up it will be to the right buyer and that in turn should go a good way to ensuring that the future of RFC is not only secure, but also successful.

If SDM caves in and sells to the wrong buyer as a result of fan pressure then the whole future of the club could be put in jepordy. If he sticks around until the correct buyer comes along, then he will be laying the foundations down for what could prove to be one of the most interesting and exciting periods of our clubs history.

I'm not sitting on the fence, I just take a more laid back attitude towards it all as I think that there is no point in getting angry and bitter about it as it is not going to speed up the process of finding the correct buyer.