***The Official Motherwell vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

Missed that mate, was Super quoted as saying he thought Ortiz had a good game?

(Just re-listened to the Radio Scotland interview, I thought the three new signing reference was towards Goian, Wallace and Bocanegra because even though there were errors, you couldn't for a minute think he actually though Ortiz was one of the best players on the park. For massive chunks of the game you wondered if he was actually on the park!)

Bocanegra can't really be criticised as it's frankly ridiculous to expect him to fit into a professional set up in that time period and then perform to his best.

That's Rangers fault, not his.

He's a good player.

Ortiz?

Yes he scored. Valuable it might be too but, and I hope I'm wrong, he looked like was 'hiding' at times to me, especially second half.

Very doubtful about him so far and has shown zilch skill.

Doesn't deserve a starting place for me.

He didn't play in Scotland though, I think it may have something to do with that?

Is it not the case you have to be registered to play both in the SPL and in Europe with a Work Permit, as far as I know they ain't two separate permit. So Bocanegra must be available for Sunday.

If that was the case we could go out and sign a shit load of Brazilians, just to play in European competitions.

Well if the info is correct, then surely we could have registered McKay is the same manner to play. Afterall he was signed well before the last minute deadline.

Work permits and visas must be different mate. I dont know the ins and outs. All 3 players have their work permits but none of them have visas to work in Scotland. Eligibility to play in Europe must be different, as McKay didnt have a work permit, he couldnt play and Bedoya wasnt signed in time.

Work permits and visas must be different mate. I dont know the ins and outs. All 3 players have their work permits but none of them have visas to work in Scotland. Eligibility to play in Europe must be different, as McKay didnt have a work permit, he couldnt play and Bedoya wasnt signed in time.

Yeah, it must be different in Europe. I dare say if it wasn't, it would be plastered all over the media by now. Anything by those cunts to stick the knife in.

I find it incredible how difficult it is for us to get clearance for international footballers, and how absolutely fkn straightforward sellik seem to find it.

Is the visa-panel made up of 3 Pat Nevins as well?!

I find it incredible how difficult it is for us to get clearance for international footballers, and how absolutely fkn straightforward sellik seem to find it.

Is the visa-panel made up of 3 Pat Nevins as well?!

This is the country we live in. Run by vhermin for vhermin.

Correct. The "Work Permit" is issued by the Home Office but then he needs a visa issued in his passport in his home country. A 100% formality but he won't be with us until the Aberdeen game on 28 August.

Exactly, that's what happens in most countries for foreigners who want to work but have no automatic right to do so. The organisation who wants to employ him needs to apply for a WP on his behalf which is subject to certain criteria. Once that's approved the employee takes that paperwork plus an invitation letter form the company and his passport to a visa office and the appropriate visa is issued, Only when he enters the country on that visa will he be eligible to work in that country. Right now he is employed by Rangers and appropriately registered but he has no right to earn money from them in the UK. Thursday he earned his money in Slovenia.

--------------Mcgregor--------

Whittaker--Perry----Goian-----Wallace

Naismith---Davis----Hutton------Wylde

-------Jelavic--Hemmings/fleck/lafferty--

With all the injurys and waiting on visas/ work permits , this would be my team .But even now when im still half cut and knackered I know this wont be the team as broadfoot will play for Perry , ortiz will play for Wylde , and Mcculloch will play for -Hutton or my extra striker to play naisy up top and davis on the right .

-------------Mcgregor-------

Whittaker--Broadfoot--Goian--Wallace

Davis----Mcculloch---Hutton--Ortiz

----------Naismith--Jelavic--------

What i think ally will do .