Captain Davis

Muff

disagree, not even second for me.

Over rated by all fans, thought it for a while, didn't want to say it. He's not an attacking mid like people think he is, he isn't as creative as some people think he is. Best midfielder we have but that doesn't say much.

Spot on.

And why does he still take the set-pieces?

Utterly woeful, far too wasteful. Why is it that when you sign for The Rangers the ability to deliver a ball is completely lost?

Some people say the captain's armband is not all that important, well for me it is.

Fantastic player but not captain material.

We lack a leaders along with various other things.

Edu, McCulloch and McCoist will be getting it tight, but Davis, our captain failed to show up tonight.

Davis was poor tonight and had no leadership i don't think he is captain material, has he been made captain due to him signing his new deal and with Weir being out.

Steven Davis' set pieces are shocking for a professional footballer. I don't think we have one single player who can deliver a decent set piece.

I have watched amatuer league games and youth football and there are 16 year olds who can put in better corners and free kicks than our players.

Still our best player and still the best midfielder in Scotland by a distance. Didn't have a good game tonight by his own standards but it must be difficult carrying fannies like Edu and McCulloch week in week out.

There was a time when he had guys like Mendes, Ferguson, Thomson and Adam in the engine room with him to carry the load, now who does he have?

He is the beating heart of our team and I dread to think the state our midfield would be in without him.

Is he Captain material? Only time will tell, but, for me, he's the obvious choice to replace Weir.

Still our best player and still the best midfielder in Scotland by a distance. Didn't have a good game tonight by his own standards but it must be difficult carrying fannies like Edu and McCulloch week in week out.

There was a time when he had guys like Mendes, Ferguson, Thomson and Adam in the engine room with him to carry the load, now who does he have?

He is the beating heart of our team and I dread to think the state our midfield would be in without him.

Is he Captain material? Only time will tell, but, for me, he's the obvious choice to replace Weir.

"Our best player" "best in Scotland" :lol:

Calling Rangers players "fannies" and you have a cheek to have a go at me for questioning the manager in a contrcutive way. doh

Beating heart of our team my hole! He is the invisible man.

"obvious choice" :mutley:

Deluded doesnt even come close.

"Our best player" "best in Scotland" :lol:

Calling Rangers players "fannies" and you have a cheek to have a go at me for questioning the manager in a contrcutive way. doh

Beating heart of our team my hole! He is the invisible man.

"obvious choice" :mutley:

Deluded doesnt even come close.

We had no outfield player on the pitch tonight that deserved to be captain. Not one.

its not a captain or a leader that the team lacks, there are plenty of boys there that are Rangers through and through, that alone should be enough drive for them. The bottom line is they lack talent. Skills pay the bills, and from the start of the season I've saw a lot that the boys are doing wrong. From complacency to amateurish mistakes, no urgency in their play. They need sorted out.

If Steven Davis is the best player in Scotland then it shows how shit the SPL actually is. One the most overrated players to play in the SPL in a long while, which says a lot when McGeady, Petrov etc were playing here not so long ago.

He isnt, its just a few deluded Rangers fans thinking the wee man from Ulster is some sort of fucking Iniesta type player, although i dont think hes as bad as you do. :ph34r:

I don't think he will be a regular.

For me he is too slow and not very good in the air. I'm concerned about the defence.

Whittaker and Wallace are poor defensively and there is absolutely no pace in Goian and Bocanegra.

I think he will prove to be a good signing, i was uprised by the size of him to be honest he is amll for a centre half

If Steven Davis is the best player in Scotland then it shows how shit the SPL actually is. One the most overrated players to play in the SPL in a long while, which says a lot when McGeady, Petrov etc were playing here not so long ago.

With the exception of Jelavic I can't think of anyone that comes close, though I'm sure Celtic fans would put up a decent case for Kayal and Izzaguire.

Having to play beside the 2 fannies must be torture for him - it's torture for me just watching them.

With the exception of Jelavic I can't think of anyone that comes close, though I'm sure Celtic fans would put up a decent case for Kayal and Izzaguire.

Having to play beside the 2 fannies must be torture for him - it's torture for me just watching them.

:lol:

They are not even Seltics best players ffs.

Supporting "fannies" says quite alot about you if im honest.

Some people say the captain's armband is not all that important, well for me it is.

Fantastic player but not captain material.

We lack a leaders along with various other things.

Edu, McCulloch and McCoist will be getting it tight, but Davis, our captain failed to show up tonight.

Davis is a good player but inconsistent and over rated, he has all the technique in the world but rarely makes it count. We should have signed Cuellar for a bargain £2million and made him Captain.

In the current squad only McGregor seems to have the ability and the attitude to lead the team.

No authority figure on the park, and Ally standing silent on the sidelines is not the best recipe for success.

Someone has to get that lot's arses in gear, and I don't have a clue who it is (I would say the only one that looks like it is McGregor, if he wasn't stuck in goals). :anguish:

Tin hat on waiting for sniffs, I'm sorry but I can't agree there.

I'd struggle to pick one of them over one of ours but Kayal, Ledley and Ki are ALL either snapping Davis' heels for that title, or even surpassing him. Davis is not "by a distance" over any of them.

• 9 years later...