9 Days To Go

krissg910

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully expecting the money from the deals which have fell through to be spent. I make it around 2, 1.8, 3, 2.8......around £9.6m there to be spent. That should be enough to complete Allys squad.

In reality we have a tax bill to be paid any day now and with no Champs League football, the inevitable loss we will make next year will need minimised meaning any more spending will be minimal if at all. The wage bill has also most probably been increased from last year meaning wages may be a stretch for any new players as well.

In short, despite knowing we still need a player or 2, i will be amazed if we spend anything on anyone of quality from now until the window closes.

I personally think we're done buying for this window, if anything we'll maybe bring in a striker on loan as back up to Jelavic and Lafferty.

Edit: wouldn't be surprised to see Diouf being brought back up here for another season.

No sources as people ask, just a hunch that we will sign a really good quality striker to get us all excited. Just with this EPL 25 man squad thing coming up, i can see something happening.

Ally has already come out and said he wanted a marquee signing. From the buys so far, im yet to see one. Optimistic that we will get in a class striker and/or a pacy winger. Deadline day is going to be fun :happy: .

Fully expecting the money from the deals which have fell through to be spent. I make it around 2, 1.8, 3, 2.8......around £9.6m there to be spent. That should be enough to complete Allys squad.

In reality we have a tax bill to be paid any day now and with no Champs League football, the inevitable loss we will make next year will need minimised meaning any more spending will be minimal if at all. The wage bill has also most probably been increased from last year meaning wages may be a stretch for any new players as well.

In short, despite knowing we still need a player or 2, i will be amazed if we spend anything on anyone of quality from now until the window closes.

Who's using SWSL's account?