Good Place To Download Old Games

MartinGers93

Have most of the games from '06-'07 and '07-'08, as well as some other big games like Cup finals, etc. from 80's and 90's but when I contacted an admin looking for permission to post the 1999 Celtic shame game when Rangers won the league at Celtic Park I was told I am not allowed to post them here. :disappointment:

Not sure how technically minded folks are on here but I'd like to see what interest there would be in setting up an archive of past games. I know there are all sorts of copyright issues surrounding this but it'd be great to start to build a such an archive that could complement the various Gers wikis out there. Just a thought...

Not sure how technically minded folks are on here but I'd like to see what interest there would be in setting up an archive of past games. I know there are all sorts of copyright issues surrounding this but it'd be great to start to build a such an archive that could complement the various Gers wikis out there. Just a thought...

That's what my collection started as but it simply took up too much time just as a small collection on Follow, Follow - to get any bigger would have required expense for a dedicated machine and additional bandwidth plus a large amount of legal uncertainty; well, not so much uncertainty as knowing that if it got big enough to spin off in to it's own site that I would just be playing a waiting game and it would eventually be the target of a copyright takedown notice. I don't have the resources to put myself in such a precarious legal position.

My collection (no longer available):

2007-2008 Season

20.7.07 Friendly Chelsea @ Rangers

19.9.07 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages Stuttgart @ Rangers

2.10.07 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages Rangers @ Lyon

20.10.07 Celtic @ Rangers

23.10.07 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages Barcelona @ Rangers (STV), (ESPN 2), (Spanish)

31.10.07 CIS Insurance Cup - Quarter Finals Rangers @ Motherwell

7.11.07 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages Rangers @ Barcelona (Spanish) (German)

12.12.07 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages Lyon @ Rangers (English), (French), (Cantonese)

15.12.07 Hearts @ Rangers

29.12.07 Rangers @ Hibernian

5.1.08 Dundee United @ Rangers

20.1.08 Rangers @ Inverness Caledonian Thistle

13.2.08 UEFA Cup - Round of 32 (First Leg) Panathinaikos @ Rangers

17.2.08 Rangers @ Kilmarnock

21.2.08 UEFA Cup - Round of 32 (Second Leg) Rangers @ Panathinaikos

6.3.08 UEFA Cup - Round of 16 (First Leg) Werder Bremen @ Rangers

13.3.08 UEFA Cup - Round of 16 (Second Leg) Rangers @ Werder Bremen (German), (BBC Scotland), (English commentary with Chinese overlays)

16.3.08 CIS Insurance Cup - Finals Rangers v. Dundee United

29.3.08 Celtic @ Rangers

3.4.08 UEFA Cup - Quarterfinals (First Leg) Sporting Lisbon @ Rangers

6.4.08 Rangers @ Dundee United

10.4.08 UEFA Cup - Quarterfinals (Second Leg) Rangers @ Sporting Lisbon

16.4.08 Rangers @ Celtic

20.4.08 Scottish Cup - Semi-Final Rangers v. St Johnstone

24.4.08 UEFA Cup - Semi-Final (First Leg) Fiorentina @ Rangers

27.4.08 Rangers @ Celtic

1.5.08 UEFA Cup - Semi-Final (Second Leg) Rangers @ Fiorentina (TV & BBC Five Live Audio Commentary)

4.5.08 Rangers @ Hibernian

7.5.08 Motherwell @ Rangers

10.5.08 Rangers @ Dundee United

14.5.08 UEFA Cup - Final Rangers v Zenit (ITV 4 Match Preview, ITV, Telechannel Sport - Russian, Spanish, BBC Five Live Audio Commentary)

Older Matches:

25.10.87 SKOL Cup Final Rangers vs. Aberdeen

24.10.90 European Cup - 2nd Round (First Leg) Rangers @ Red Star Belgrade (40 minute highlight tape)

1.11.95 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages Juventus @ Rangers

2.5.99 Rangers @ Celtic

22.5.05 Rangers @ Hibernian

2.11.06 UEFA Cup - Group Stages - Maccabi Haifa @ Rangers

8.11.06 CIS Cup - Quarter Finals St Johnstone @ Rangers

23.11.06 UEFA Cup - Group Stages Rangers @ Auxerre

14.12.06 UEFA Cup - Group Stages Partizan Belgrade @ Rangers

14.2.07 UEFA Cup - Round of 32 (First Leg) Rangers @ Hapoel Tel Aviv

22.2.07 UEFA Cup - Round of 32 (Second Leg) Hapoel Tel Aviv @ Rangers

8.3.07 UEFA Cup - Round of 16 (Second Leg) Osasuna @ Rangers

11.3.07 Rangers @ Celtic

14.3.07 UEFA Cup - Round of 16 (Second Leg) Rangers @ Osasuna

5.5.07 Celtic @ Rangers

Documentaries & Television Programs:

BBC & STV Davie Cooper Tributes

That Was The Team That Was - Rangers 1986-87 (BBC)

That Was The Team That Was - Rangers 1996-97 (BBC)

BBC Panorama - Scotland's Secret Shame

Real Football Factories - Scotland

ESPN Football Rivalries - Rangers v Celtic & Sparta Prague v Slavia Prague

Glasgow Colours

BBC Clash of the Titans - Celtic v Rangers

Witness - Football, Faith and Flutes

3 Pack: Davie Cooper - BBC & STV Tributes, Clash of the Titans - Old Firm, Witness - Football, Faith and Flutes

Other:

Sfide: Gattuso (Italian)

England's Tribute to Paul Gascoigne

Life After Football - Paul Gascoigne

Legends Of Football 2007 - Great Britain Vs Italy

Cutting Edge - Gazza's Coming Home

DVDs

Michael Mols - Behind The Smile

Rangers FC: Moments To Remember

Rangers FC - 101 Great Goals (2000-2004)

Rangers - First to 50 (2002-2003 Season Review)

A History of the Scottish Cup featuring Rangers FC

That's what my collection started as but it simply took up too much time just as a small collection on Follow, Follow - to get any bigger would have required expense for a dedicated machine and additional bandwidth plus a large amount of legal uncertainty; well, not so much uncertainty as knowing that if it got big enough to spin off in to it's own site that I would just be playing a waiting game and it would eventually be the target of a copyright takedown notice. I don't have the resources to put myself in such a precarious legal position.

There is undoubtedly a question of legalities here. Beyond that, I might investigate what possibilities there are to look into a torrent based setup (if we can get enough volunteers to seed the content) or a 3rd party storage system with links shared internally via Rangers Media or other fan sites (assuming the admin team would be interested in such an idea..)

Definitely worth pursuing.

I have a substantial collection of games going back to Souness's first season(1986-87).

Before Souness i have the 4-4 game from 1986 and the 1984 League Cup Final(McCoist Hat-trick)

I have every old firm game throughout the 9 in a row era(some live games included.

All the Skol Cup and League Cup Finals throughout the 80's & 90's.

Every live European game from 1992-93(Including both league games)

All the games from Advocaat's first two seasons(including the full 90 minutes of the 3-0 title clincher from 1999)

If anyone wants a game to disc, drop me a PM.

Beyond that, I might investigate what possibilities there are to look into a torrent based setup (if we can get enough volunteers to seed the content)

Likely not feasible to find enough people to keep all things well enough seeded all of the time, keep in mind that just an individual game is a gigabyte or more, you can imagine what kind of disk space a full season would take.

or a 3rd party storage system with links shared internally via Rangers Media or other fan sites (assuming the admin team would be interested in such an idea..)

The big problem will be finding enough bandwidth to meet demand and then having to constantly re-upload things and update links as hosts find and delete copyrighted material.