Lee Wallace Out For Two Weeks

Broxi

Lee Wallace will miss at least the next two weeks after suffering a hamstring strain during the 1-1 draw with Maribor.

The Rangers left-back had to be replaced by Ross Perry just before half time, and will now miss the visit of Aberdeen on Sunday.

Rangers boss Ally McCoist told Rangers TV: "Having spoken to Lee it is a slight strain of the hamstring, not a tear.

"So hopefully he will be missing for only two weeks rather than four to six weeks."

McCoist will be further hindered by the news that Kyle Bartley has returned to Arsenal for assessment, following a groin strain endured during the 2-0 victory in Inverness a fortnight ago.

The manager continued: "Kyle is our player at the moment but we are borrowing him from Arsenal so we have sent him back down there to let the Arsenal medical team have a look at him.

"We feel it is the right thing to do and hopefully he will be back to join us very soon."

However there is some positive news for McCoist, as he is able to call on the services of Alejandro Bedoya.

McCoist said: "I am definitely looking to use Alejandro Bedoya. He is here to play and get involved with the squad.

"He is another option for me and the more options I have the happier I am."

Rangers will be without David Weir and Sasa Papac, but welcome back Steven Naismith after suspension.

Probably looking at a career of hamstring strains tbh.

One of the most common and likely injuries to pick up after a cruciate injury.

Is that right? I didn't know that. Do you know what the reason is for that?

Is that right? I didn't know that. Do you know what the reason is for that?

It depends on what graft they use.

When they replaced my ACl they manufactured the graft with two tendons from my hammy's (semitendimosus & gracilus) I was told to make sure my hammy's are nice and strong to try and prevent it straining further down the line.

It's part of the reason Michael Owen has so many hamstring injuries. He opted for a hamstring graft rather than the more traditional patellar graft.

Wallace had a PCL though so it might be different in his case, but I'd imagine it'll be similar.

It depends on what graft they use.

When they replaced my ACl they manufactured the graft with two tendons from my hammy's (semitendimosus & gracilus) I was told to make sure my hammy's are nice and strong to try and prevent it straining further down the line.

It's part of the reason Michael Owen has so many hamstring injuries. He opted for a hamstring graft rather than the more traditional patellar graft.

Wallace had a PCL though so it might be different in his case, but I'd imagine it'll be similar.

(tu)

I see. Makes sense.