David Weir to stay on until next summer...

Frankie

How did a thread about Davie Weir staying on become about Murray bashing?

Its great news, he's been one of the best defenders in the SPL recently, will help the youngsters, and is the type of defender we have been crying out for in years.

Any one who has been watching us since he came in will realise he is one of the reasons we have improved, how ever, some people will just use his age as a tool to bash Murray/Smith ofocurse.

if you think we have improved then you are easily pleased.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we have improved, look at the amount of goals leaked since weirs insertion into the squad, compare that to the PLG era and you will see a rather large improvement, agreed hes not the way forward but until we can signg someone who is weir will do just fine, I dont see any defenders coming through the doors at the moment

we have improved, look at the amount of goals leaked since weirs insertion into the squad, compare that to the PLG era and you will see a rather large improvement, agreed hes not the way forward but until we can signg someone who is weir will do just fine, I dont see any defenders coming through the doors at the moment

we are still a poor side,but as long as your happy thats all that matters. :rolleyes:

we are still a poor side,but as long as your happy thats all that matters. :rolleyes:

he said we have improved, he never once said he was hapy with where we are. FFS.

Good news indeed. I don't care if he's 36 or 306, he's been one of our top players this year. It's only a 1 year extension FFS - if the guy can play, then he should stay, as he's proven to be solid and dependable and his committment is second to none. Guys years younger have looked lame in comparison to him. People should be grateful for what he's brought to the club this year. Good on ye, Davie!

we really are in big trouble if we are celebrating a 36 year old staying for another year,my god how our ambitions have really dropped.

Yeah, because Davie Weir's been a poor signing who hasn't solidified the back line at all.

what a shit comment,what have you been watchin?

he said we have improved, he never once said he was hapy with where we are. FFS.

exactly what i was about to say, its all fair and well for the time being but I am agreed with the rest of pretty much every single rangers fan that weir is not the answer LONG TERM, as far as steadying the ship, trying to bring on youngsters, trying to secure 2nd place, weir will be just fine but im not happy nor angry at weirs inclusion, where would be without him? god knows. As for next season, i think he can do a job IF a defender is brought in 1- to replace him and his partner or 2- if he is given a dominant partner to perform along side him.

Guest therabbitt

we are unbeaten in SPL since he arrived, he has had a fantastic impact on the team, very very happy he is staying

we really are in big trouble if we are celebrating a 36 year old staying for another year,my god how our ambitions have really dropped.

Yeah, because Davie Weir's been a poor signing who hasn't solidified the back line at all.

doh

Danny was being sarcastic there mate!!! :lol:

doh

mind when i think about it he is a better signing than buffel. <_<

The fact that he has been one of our better players says it all for me. Good on him and all that ....but I would agree with a couple of posters on here that its very worrying that a player thats coming to the end of his career

is seen as some sort of saviour for next season .....desperate times ahead....hope Im wrong.

The fact that he has been one of our better players says it all for me. Good on him and all that ....but I would agree with a couple of posters on here that its very worrying that a player thats coming to the end of his career

is seen as some sort of saviour for next season .....desperate times ahead....hope Im wrong.

Who has called him a saviour. Not 1 person in this thread has said that. He has been our best defender this year and deserves another year is all we have been saying. Anyone who has watched us since he came would know the difference he has made.

We are saying that having guys like Weir is better than playing cabbages like Papac and Svensson. We still want other players to be brought in, the folk complaining are not really getting the point about Weir.

I know which 1 out of all our centre backs would be 1st on my team sheet every week.

Big Davie! (tu)

Weir has been excellent for us since he signed for us in January. Fish and Minstral, why twist this around to Murray? In the original post, Murray wasn't mentioned, so why talk about him when the thread is about Davie Weir.

Hopefully Svensson will learn from Weir (tu)

Coz thats all Murrays is prepared to invest in............WAKEY WAKEY !!!

Who has called him a saviour. Not 1 person in this thread has said that. He has been our best defender this year and deserves another year is all we have been saying. Anyone who has watched us since he came would know the difference he has made.

We are saying that having guys like Weir is better than playing cabbages like Papac and Svensson. We still want other players to be brought in, the folk complaining are not really getting the point about Weir.

I know which 1 out of all our centre backs would be 1st on my team sheet every week.

Big Davie! (tu)

Agreed, your point is taken ..... hes the best of a pathetic lot.....another year at RFC.......aye okay...

The way its going the tims will have won the league by october again.

I am of the view that Danny was being sarcastic there

As others have mentioned, my post was slightly tinged with sarcasm m8 (tu)

Weir's been an outstanding signing, and keeping him is a great boost for the club.

doh

mind when i think about it he is a better signing than buffel. <_<

What a silly post. This thread has nothing to do with Buffel.

Weir has been a great signing, period.

If you want to smear it, be our guest. But few share your (unfair) criticism.

Fantastic.

Big davie is a fine player who can has proven he can handle anything thats throwen at him.

He's played against the likes of Henry, Drogba, Owen, Defo, Saha in the last two years. He's proven old age doesn't matter.

This man can play SPL footy for the next five years if he wanted.

is this the same player i read on this site was too old and was given the run around by a school teacher in the faro island game and wasnt wanted at ibrox?,we can all be wrong of course..

Same guy....but some on here accept anything for RFC

How some people can say this is a bad thing i don't know. The guy has came in and steadied a very bad defence. Fair enough i wouldny say he has been top class but he's certainly been better of most of the players in the team. The things the likes of Svensson and Papac struggle with eg a cross ball he does with ease and i think that we only appreciate players like him more when they're gone. It's a one year deal aswell it's not asif it was a 3 year contract!

is this the same player i read on this site was too old and was given the run around by a school teacher in the faro island game and wasnt wanted at ibrox?,we can all be wrong of course..

Same guy....but some on here accept anything for RFC

People accept good players, you should take some time to watch Weir play for Rangers one day (tu)