Cl - Do Winners Of Spl Go Straight In Or Not ?

Ace

Was listening to Clyde this evening and Keevins et al were saying that according to Uefa site, the runner up AND winners of SPL season 2011/12 will have to enter at the 3rd qualifying round, meaning we could possibly begin our season in June ??

NO!

There is no automatic qualification for anybody in Scottish football for next season's UEFA Champions League Group Stages.

Never has been and never will be.

This whole debate came up during the interview with Mark Guidi, Traynor and Whyte with they two terrific journalists informing us that the winners would but being honest we are about 6/7 places away from the automatic section in the co-efficient list.

I personally don't know whether it will be 3rd or 2nd Q round we will enter at but being honest I'm not getting my hopes up of qualifying.

Problem is after next year the coefficient points form our UEFA Cup run in 2008 drop off, which really puts our coefficient in trouble.

got told scotland will be the same as san marino dont think its just down to Parkhead Corinthians/rangers the other teams in scotland let us down year after year

got told scotland will be the same as san marino dont think its just down to Parkhead Corinthians/rangers the other teams in scotland let us down year after year

Good point, at the same time our UEFA Cup points drop off, so will the sheep's points for their run to the last 32. No other club in Scotland has done as much as Rangers have for Scottish Football in Europe in recent times (tu)