Selling Edu, Weir, Beattie And Broadfoot

ZeGowse

Sorry if this is a repost, havent seen it in the Bears Den

Rangers are preparing to offload Maurice Edu, Kirk Broadfoot, James Beattie and captain David Weir. (Mail on Sunday)

Source: BBC gossip collum

If true, good to see us finally trying to shift the deadwood.

Although I have to point out if its true we are gettin rid of Weir then I think its a bit unfair to him after the great servant he has been to the club since he joined. Would have much prefered that he was just not given a new deal at the end of last season than being sold, I feel this is quite disrespectful to the big man.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we might see a bit of wheeling and dealing over the next few days. And I'm going to have no access to Sky Sports News on deadline day :anguish:

Edu, Broadfoot & Beattie out with say Eremenko, Diouf & Jamie Murphy/Leigh Griffiths coming in and we would be in a really good position to challenge for 4IAR.

Davie Weir won't be shipped out- unless her retires because of his injury. He just signed a new contract.

The others however, I can see being shipped out.

I think your right. I was shocked to see him linked. I know its only the gossip collumn but still strange to see his name pop up.

I can only think that maybe he was offered a new deal in the outcome that we were not able to sign another CB.

The only player that is worth a transfer fee out of that list is Edu, Broadfoot would go for buttons probably a loan in a view to sell. David Weir isn't worth anything due to his age and James Beattie, more than likely we'll need to buy out his contract and release him on a free transfer.

I think we might see a bit of wheeling and dealing over the next few days. And I'm going to have no access to Sky Sports News on deadline day :anguish:

Edu, Broadfoot & Beattie out with say Eremenko, Diouf & Jamie Murphy/Leigh Griffiths coming in and we would be in a really good position to challenge for 4IAR.

I read yesterday he has all but completed a loan move to Hibs and they were expecting him to play in the derby today.

Leigh Griffiths signed for Hibs last night on loan.

I will be very surprised Edu will be sold Ally rates him highly and thats from the horses mouth.

If its true about QPR being intersted in him then there may be some truth in it. However, I think they have just signed Barton and are linked with Scott Parker.

Probably just lazy journalism.

I will be very surprised Edu will be sold Ally rates him highly and thats from the horses mouth.

i think edu could go because of all the players that we all see as "not good enough for rangers" he would raise the most money and is also on the biggest wages (apart from Beattie) I think 1 midfielder will go because we have too many especially as we are only competing on a domestic front.

McCulloch

Edu

Davis

Ness

Hutton

Bedoya

McKay

Naismith (based on his performance last week)

I just hope we don't sell Davis

At least we will be entertained get him back

Unfortunately thats all we would get with him. Dont get me wrong he was great last season for winding up the Celtic fans. However as a player he as lost his pace and was all but ineffective for us. Would hate to think we would be wasting the best part of £20k a week if we brought him back.