Jela

deleteduser1

I hate to say it but our main forward has looked disheartened of late which is understandable given the lack of quality service and support he receives much of the time but what worries me more is his body language.

At times in recent games Jela has looked a wee bit disinterested - which is never acceptable.

I could be wrong and maybe it's just a dip in form or the partnership with KL isn't working or perhaps the pressure of playing for such a massive club is getting to him a wee bit but one thing is for sure - we need the big Croat to up his game and start delivering the goals and performances we know he is capable of if we are to retain our title.

Your thoughts.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont think its helping that he is being played up front on his own. He doesnt have the game for it and needs someone along side him. I think the partnership works with Lafferty and Naismith supporting. However, second half we seemed to move to 5 in midfield and Jelavic was isolated IMO

He gets little support from the midfield, when we counter attack and the ball is played to him from defence there is no urgency from other players to get up. We constantly play the long ball to him. In possession, our movement to drag players out of position to make space is non existant.

No wonder he is pissed off. However he is out of form at the moment, regardless of the above. has missed too many chances so far this season.

u been reading my posts ..

"Posted Today, 05:27 PM

maybe i should start a new thread on this but its just a thought tbh ..

jelavic has went off the boil,most players do ,but ive got a feeling hes maybe a bit pissed off that certain players have improved

contracts and are now on a bit more than him .i dont know if that is the case but its the only thing i can put my finger on ..

cause greegs apart he is the best player we have..

something just aint right with the big man this season .

p.s only mentioned it on here cause a few questioned his form . "

you are spot on m8 ,somethin aint right .

We pump the long ball up to him 8/10 times what do we expect? Does alot more than just score.

yes,dead on.

and those who cannot see the extent of his contributions this season in this respect, know absolutely fuck all about the game

It is not blatantly obvious that he he doesn't trust McCoist, how can you tell what a player thinks by his performance?

What IS blatantly obvious is that the style of play we are employing does not suit him.

He was at his best when he had players supporting him & the ball played to his feet, we are currently blasting the ball up high to him and while he is winning these challenges, there is no-one close to him to pick up the pieces, leaving a very furlorne figure plowing the forward line.

I would say he's sick of it! He came to Rangers to play in the champs league, at the very most the Europa league. He wants to get into the shop window to get a move to England. This makes it so much harder for him. Also, the passes and quality getting to him is shite. He has missed a lot of opportunities but maybe he's not committing to the runs because most times the passes never reach there target. I think he's frustrated and his confidence is down.

Our style of play in the last few games doesn't suit him, or should it be the lack of style in our play <cr>

Lumping balls up to him, missing out the midfield, no possession play, making him chase the ball down wings, not much support from the midfield because they are so far away when he gets the ball

Has missed a few sitters though, get in great areas especially with headers but cant hit the target

He has always wanted European football to put himself in the window. He's never had that - injured/cup tied last year and pumped out this year. Lets hope those interested in signing him didn't see his performances in the 4 Euro games this year. Not good enough.

Mind is elsewhere. It was always his intention to play with us until an EPL team came along. Now realises that without European football he's made a move even harder. If he's not away by the end of this deadline he'll be away in the winter window. I've said this since he arrived and I'll eat my shoes if it doesn't happen.

u been reading my posts ..

"Posted Today, 05:27 PM

maybe i should start a new thread on this but its just a thought tbh ..

jelavic has went off the boil,most players do ,but ive got a feeling hes maybe a bit pissed off that certain players have improved

contracts and are now on a bit more than him .i dont know if that is the case but its the only thing i can put my finger on ..

cause greegs apart he is the best player we have..

something just aint right with the big man this season .

p.s only mentioned it on here cause a few questioned his form . "

you are spot on m8 ,somethin aint right .

Never read your post mate but we are obviously on the same wave length as a million other Bears by the looks of things :lol: