1st Team Training V U19s

j1mgg

One of the guys that has moved from the 19s to the 1st squad was saying that he now doesn't know what to do with himself now as he has a lot more free time. I think when he was in the 19s they basically do a full days training, not sure how many days a week, but since he has moved to the full squad he just trains in the morning and has the rest of the day to himself and eitherstays on and does some swimming and light training or goes for a game of golf.

Is this similar with other teams and is there a reason for the big difference in training regimes?

A personify know was at the thing for Alex Ferguson last month in dunfermline and Alex was saying if there were 8 days in a week he would have them in 8 days a week and also saying he thinks fiduciary and Rio will find it hard to get back into the sqaud because the young guys have no fear when playing and running their socks off, this has now been in the paper, but I think our young guys do the same when given the chance but are then dropped no matter how they played because some so called senior player has recovered from injury.

That is my ranting finished for the day.

Our set pieces are shocking inc our basic skills how Ally hasn't got them in for a days graft bemuses me.

I know mate. Either we are extremely good at them in training then are just shite in matches or we just don't practice them at all.

PLG had the team doing double, I think even triple sessions at pre season but just went back one session a day during the season. I remember Mccoist saying as well he had them doing double sessions at pre season.

I dont think at that age if you had them in two sessions a day if will improve their technical ability that much. Sadly we just have poor technique right through the team

An time I've been to Murray Park it's been in the afternoon and part of the squad was still training. My belief is that squad training is a single morning session with different units in at different times depending on what needs developed or worked on.

For the money they get they should be training like marines most People would train like fuk to have the job they've got.they should be putting in at least an hour after training doing set peices it seems to work for the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo etc surley any desent football should be able tae hit the target