Wonder What The Fans Were Like...

dickieboo1972

Just had a think after reading so much bullshit on here, not by everyone I'd like to add, but by a good few regarding the last two games. The European results were horrendous, we should have turned both teams over, undoubtedly. However, we didn't but these results, in fact far worse ones, have happened before and Rangers always come back from them. Particularily in the 26 years I've been a supporter.

What really gets me, is the absolute mass hysteria on this fucking thing. We drew and won a game, we didn't even get beat!!! And people are coming out with absolute filth about our manager, players and even Walter in some threads! I firmly believe there is a difference between a supporter and a fan at this club.

Supporters feel just as awful as everyone else when things dont go right, but dust themselves down and carry on getting behind the team and the manager as we don't piss our pants the minute something goes wrong. That's the job of little, spoilt brats who are so use to the success of the last quarter of a century that they have started to take it for granted. And when one thing happens it's like the end of the world and a manager and half a dozen players HAVE to go.

I would love some of these bitches get dropped into the Celtic 9iar period, were real fans would continue to pack out Ibrox and away grounds supporting their team because in the end, thats our job as supporters. To support. People have a choice to spend money to go and watch their team. If you go to be entertained, save yourself money and buy box sets of tv shows you like and sit at home. Criticism of the team is one thing if we go on horrible runs of defeats or draws but two results in which we don't even lose?? Not helping anything.

Apologies, reacted a bit swiftly to having read something in the gekas post. If it can moved, much appreciated. If not, feel free to delete, I'm sure the wrong placement will cause shitfits anyway!

Its cool mate :P

Can usually tell the level of someones anger when they post in the wrong section :lol:

Just had a think after reading so much bullshit on here, not by everyone I'd like to add, but by a good few regarding the last two games. The European results were horrendous, we should have turned both teams over, undoubtedly. However, we didn't but these results, in fact far worse ones, have happened before and Rangers always come back from them. Particularily in the 26 years I've been a supporter.

What really gets me, is the absolute mass hysteria on this fucking thing. We drew and won a game, we didn't even get beat!!! And people are coming out with absolute filth about our manager, players and even Walter in some threads! I firmly believe there is a difference between a supporter and a fan at this club.

Supporters feel just as awful as everyone else when things dont go right, but dust themselves down and carry on getting behind the team and the manager as we don't piss our pants the minute something goes wrong. That's the job of little, spoilt brats who are so use to the success of the last quarter of a century that they have started to take it for granted. And when one thing happens it's like the end of the world and a manager and half a dozen players HAVE to go.

I would love some of these bitches get dropped into the Celtic 9iar period, were real fans would continue to pack out Ibrox and away grounds supporting their team because in the end, thats our job as supporters. To support. People have a choice to spend money to go and watch their team. If you go to be entertained, save yourself money and buy box sets of tv shows you like and sit at home. Criticism of the team is one thing if we go on horrible runs of defeats or draws but two results in which we don't even lose?? Not helping anything.

Remember a mid week St Johnstone game at Ibrox 4,000 or so of us there. But we did have a few years where we should have stopped that run and made two European Finals through that period. Indeed when they beat the reserves of inter we played to a bigger average attendance.

Still can hear the Green Grassy Slopes of the Boyne being belted out my own fav.

Remember a mid week St Johnstone game at Ibrox 4,000 or so of us there. But we did have a few years where we should have stopped that run and made two European Finals through that period. Indeed when they beat the reserves of inter we played to a bigger average attendance.

Still can hear the Green Grassy Slopes of the Boyne being belted out my own fav.

Not suggesting for a minute that every single game was a sell out, we wouldn't sell out some games even if we were playing like barca these days, just the nature of football and fixture scheduling etc

Just remember my dad telling me him and grandpa who I never met going to watch us go 4-0 down at Ibrox to at mirren after 50 mins but that everyone stayed to the end and were all back the following week. Just saddens me the state of our modern day 'support'.

Not suggesting for a minute that every single game was a sell out, we wouldn't sell out some games even if we were playing like barca these days, just the nature of football and fixture scheduling etc

Just remember my dad telling me him and grandpa who I never met going to watch us go 4-0 down at Ibrox to at mirren after 50 mins but that everyone stayed to the end and were all back the following week. Just saddens me the state of our modern day 'support'.

If that was a midweek game in the league Cup mate , was a guy I was at school with who scored the 4 goals. Was, as you dad said everyone stayed to the end.

Back when I started going the expectations from the fans was much more realistic. Yes we wanted and demanded success but if it didn't happen we still supported the team for 90 minutes.

There are far too many spoilt bastards populating the stands in ibrox today when you listen to some of them it makes you wonder why they bother coming to ibrox why don't they just sit in their cars and shout abuse at the radio it would certainly be cheaper.

I can honestly remember buying tickets for the Scottish cup finals on the morning of the game from AT MAYS ( a travel agents shop) where were all our loyal fans then ?

Face it we have a good hard core of true supporters who love the rangers but also a lot of glory hunting tossers

Back when I started going the expectations from the fans was much more realistic. Yes we wanted and demanded success but if it didn't happen we still supported the team for 90 minutes.

There are far too many spoilt bastards populating the stands in ibrox today when you listen to some of them it makes you wonder why they bother coming to ibrox why don't they just sit in their cars and shout abuse at the radio it would certainly be cheaper.

I can honestly remember buying tickets for the Scottish cup finals on the morning of the game from AT MAYS ( a travel agents shop) where were all our loyal fans then ?

Face it we have a good hard core of true supporters who love the rangers but also a lot of glory hunting tossers

Beside you in the queue at AT Mays no doubt.

Rangers 0 - 1 Malmo

Malmo 1 - 1 Rangers

Maribor 2 - 1 Rangers

Rangers 1 - 1 Maribor

We got beat twice and drew twice,never won a game showed both teams too much respect and some on here,rightfully deem that unacceptable for Rangers and yes it caused mass hysteria because we care about Europe,this isnt the past its the present and in the present European football is a must.

Some people have not known anything but success though,i started going 2 games during 9iar period and have grown up expecting 2 win.

Im not defending the mass hysteria but not some peoples fault that they have grown up expecting us to win MOST games.Its not being "spoilt brats",just the way it has been.

Cant pick when u r born FFS

Also wrong forum i think :sherlock:

Absolutely spot on mate

Rangers 0 - 1 Malmo

Malmo 1 - 1 Rangers

Maribor 2 - 1 Rangers

Rangers 1 - 1 Maribor

We got beat twice and drew twice,never won a game showed both teams too much respect and some on here,rightfully deem that unacceptable for Rangers and yes it caused mass hysteria because we care about Europe,this isnt the past its the present and in the present European football is a must.

I mentioned how the euro games were a disaster if you actually look back... I am reacting to continued abuse after a 2-0 win against our 2nd biggest rival. Little bitches still giving it, 'that performance really angered me...' what the fuck is that about?? Complaining about how your team wins is truly the sign of spoiled brats.

My first season ticket cost me 40 quid, it was called a rover meaning you could sit anywhwere in an stand apart from the main stand.

I remember when i never had a season book and it was pay at the gate, the guy could not change my 20 pound note, i had to wait until a few more people went through so he had enough to change me, that was the night we got battered 1-4 at Ibrox to Dundee United, Jim Stewart in goal and nutty Gregor Stevens at ch.

If RM was on the go then it would have melted, way too many people brought up on success and no idea of many years in the wilderness, never crossed my mind to pack it in, follow follow.

I mentioned how the euro games were a disaster if you actually look back... I am reacting to continued abuse after a 2-0 win against our 2nd biggest rival. Little bitches still giving it, 'that performance really angered me...' what the fuck is that about?? Complaining about how your team wins is truly the sign of spoiled brats.

That's fair enough mate and you're entitled to your opinion,I wouldn't say the performance angered me it's more disappointing I've been a season ticket holder since 2004 and I just want to see the ball on the deck for a change,it's just dismal to watch us punt it long all day and get dominated by Aberdeen.

My first season ticket cost me 40 quid, it was called a rover meaning you could sit anywhwere in an stand apart from the main stand.

I remember when i never had a season book and it was pay at the gate, the guy could not change my 20 pound note, i had to wait until a few more people went through so he had enough to change me, that was the night we got battered 1-4 at Ibrox to Dundee United, Jim Stewart in goal and nutty Gregor Stevens at ch.

If RM was on the go then it would have melted, way too many people brought up on success and no idea of many years in the wilderness, never crossed my mind to pack it in, follow follow.

spot on mate .was there week in week out .too many got it too good nowadays tbh.

every time stewart kennedy was in goals i couldnt watch ffs

Here here, some on here salivate at the prospect of us losing, playing badly so they can create multiple threads on how pish the manager, players , board are. We have a new manager and chairman and they must be given our full backing for longer than the 2 months it has taken some to turn on them.

I started going at the end of their 9 in a row but my family went every week without fail.A big difference was we were still playing well and we made 2 Euro finals (winning 1) and were second 7 times,at a time when Hearts,Hibs and Aberdeen were very strong.

Also we didn't have over paid prima donnas then.They were Bears through and through and earned what a working man earned(apart from healthy bonus') and would drink with fans after the games.

We had a board and a manager of dyed in the wool Teddy's who knew what supporters wanted and never critisized them,always supported them .

Fitba then was a day out too...a few beers before and during.A sing song wi your mates and a pint or 2 after the game.

Changed days to todays empty stadia where people sit on their hands and dare not sing or swear and standing up is a hanging offence...

I started going at the end of their 9 in a row but my family went every week without fail.A big difference was we were still playing well and we made 2 Euro finals (winning 1) and were second 7 times,at a time when Hearts,Hibs and Aberdeen were very strong.

Also we didn't have over paid prima donnas then.They were Bears through and through and earned what a working man earned(apart from healthy bonus') and would drink with fans after the games.

We had a board and a manager of dyed in the wool Teddy's who knew what supporters wanted and never critisized them,always supported them .

Fitba then was a day out too...a few beers before and during.A sing song wi your mates and a pint or 2 after the game.

Changed days to todays empty stadia where people sit on their hands and dare not sing or swear and standing up is a hanging offence...

Spot on mate. Rememebr one day in particular when had to go into town Saturday morning to get something, had a beer and put a bet on it won. Got the bus over to top of Copland Rd and went into the off-sales and bought 3 dozen cans of lager and mate the guys from the supporters bus in the main stand and enjoyed a beer watching the game.

spot on mate .was there week in week out .too many got it too good nowadays tbh.

every time stewart kennedy was in goals i couldnt watch ffs

Stewart, was at my first wedding lives, in the same village I used to, he is a good family friend. He is a better comedian than he was a keeper that is for sure!

As Gaffbear says the present situation bears no resemblance to that era.Our team then was a very good team and probably player for player on an individual basis better than Celtics but they had a fantastic manager, were moulded as a team and were not affected by having to buy and integrate to try to catch up.

The quality of football of our team then,the work rate and the passion was night and day compared to this present team going through the motions with little technique and ability and being coached and run by an owner with what seems to be little or no strategy.

The team then could be guaranteed to go out to play and fight for a win every game.